Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, SMalik said:

Deleting these .txt files from that location in Cortana doesn't break Cortana.

When you updated the cleaner with "FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache|*.txt" I tried it, followed by the required reboot to see if Cortana/Search was all of a sudden broken again, and I can report that it did not break anything in regards to Cortana/Search.

Edit:
However I wonder who updates the winapp2.ini for BleachBit, because what it uses is old as hell and breaks things in Win10.

Edited by Andavari

4 minutes ago, Andavari said:

Only if cleaned improperly. Referring to reoccurring folders like CryptnetUrlCache in most cleaners, etc.

Oh I know! In the immediate future, I'm looking towards implementing unit tests, but winapp2ool has some in-progress ideas for metascripting entries, a windows store application one would fit in well ;)

11 hours ago, SMalik said:

If I had control of the Winapp2.ini file, like you, I would test each and every entry myself.

And that would tell you only what works based on your combination/versions of software and hardware that you are running the test on.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

On 22.2.2019 at 23:05, SMalik said:

Deleting these .txt files from that location in Cortana doesn't break Cortana. Have you tried this yourself? ...

Sure, I tested it. And only for you I have tested it again now and the problems are still occurring!

1. Settings search error
- Search for an option of the Settings app, e.g. Lock screen (in German it is called Sperrbildschirm).
- Now delete the file "SettingsCache.txt" and reboot.
- After the reboot, the search for settings is broken.

settings_01.jpg.3b7a9c2b145bc182a5968ac685d1c2d2.jpgsettings_02.jpg.8d9335423a6971b956bdab2e06e62670.jpg

2. Application search error
If you just delete the files "AppCache###.txt" and reboot immediately, the error mostly does not occur. But I could repro it very often this way:
- Search for an application, e.g. Firefox, and reboot.
- After the reboot, search for an application again. Now there should be more than two "AppCache###.txt" files in the folder.
- Delete all "AppCache###.txt" files and reboot.
- After the second reboot, the search for applications is also broken.

apps_01.jpg.b569fbbf7ab96475075e38a9fa18b5f0.jpgapps_02.jpg.1e1d9deb4025979c0a8ebac5d9ba588f.jpg

It would be very nice and fair if you would also trust other people and not always just yourself.

On 2/23/2019 at 04:25, APMichael said:

It would be very nice and fair if you would also trust other people and not always just yourself.

Sure, here is another statement.

How about a bunch of AppCache**.txt files? Have you opened one of them to see  what they have in them?

10 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

And that would tell you only what works based on your combination/versions of software and hardware that you are running the test on.  

So then this applies to you also for "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*" or this statement is just for me?

8 hours ago, SMalik said:

So then this applies to you also for "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*" or this statement is just for me?

just for you.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Modified entry:   [My Office *]

Added:

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\INetHistory\History.*\*|*.*|REMOVESELF

[My Office *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\INetHistory\History.*\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\LocalState\AppData\Local\Office\16.0\WebServiceCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

New entry:  [Store Purchase *]

[Store Purchase *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\AppCache\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.StorePurchaseApp_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

New entry:  [PCMark 10 Logs *]

[PCMark 10 Logs *]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%UserProfile%\Documents\PCMark 10
Default=False
FileKey1=%UserProfile%\Documents\PCMark 10|*.*|REMOVESELF

Edited by siliconman01
Added [Store Purchase *] [PCMark 10 Logs *]

14 hours ago, SMalik said:

Sure, here is another statement. ...

Again, please read what I wrote:

23 hours ago, APMichael said:

... If you just delete the files "AppCache###.txt" and reboot immediately, the error mostly does not occur. ...

The second error does not always occur immediately. And we don't know if he also tested the search for settings.

14 hours ago, SMalik said:

How about a bunch of AppCache**.txt files? Have you opened one of them to see  what they have in them?

Yes, I know the contents of the files. But this doesn't matter if the entry breaks a function.

• Moderators

It doesn't cause me any issues on Win10 v1803 - I haven't been offered v1809. I tried to post this last night but some forum server error prevented it.

I tried to find all the stuff mentioned such as Settings and had no issues whatsoever, and I've had multiple reboots since initially using the updated cleaner and not one issue with Cortanta/Search which I would notice since I'm always using Search to launch apps.

Does anyone know what this entry is?  It does not show up in Windows Store.  The "Windows File Manager" that is in Windows Store is a completely different File Manager.  I googled "FileManager_cw5n1h2txyewy" and there is some indication that it may be part of an old version of Photos.  But I cannot confirm that.  It's showing up on my older brother's Windows 10 Home system, but he is 2000+ miles away.  So I am having a bit of problem isolating why FileManager is showing up on his machine..  It most likely needs a DetectOS=6.2|6.3.

[FileManager *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\FileManager_cw5n1h2txyewy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FileManager_*\LocalState|*.jpg

Here is a link that shows it as part of Windows 8/8.1

https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-start-the-new-modern-file-manager-in-windows-blue/

Here is a compromise to end this little drama:

[Cortana *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Cortana_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\AppIconCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache|*.txt
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache\|SettingsCache.txt

The ExcludeKey for the single file "SettingsCache.txt" is definitively necessary, because I can still easily repro the issue on every system I tested, even v1803. And we also had an issue report on GitHub. Ok, since the second issue only occurs under special conditions, we try it once again without excluding the files "AppCache###.txt". But if we should get a new issue report, here or on GitHub, we will change the ExcludeKey back.

I hope everybody will be happy now and we can close this topic.

19 hours ago, Andavari said:

It doesn't cause me any issues on Win10 v1803 - I haven't been offered v1809. I tried to post this last night but some forum server error prevented it. ...

Thanks for your information. But this is very strange, because the changed FileKey9 you are using now deletes the same files as the previous FileKey of the entry that caused issues on your system. But anyway, let's just wait and see if the issue recurs. Just to make sure: You then also removed the ExcludeKey from your own entry? Or is there still an ExcludeKey in your entry?

4 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Does anyone know what this entry is?  It does not show up in Windows Store.  The "Windows File Manager" that is in Windows Store is a completely different File Manager. ...

I don't know this app either. But it seems that it is related to Windows 8.1, as you have already written:
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=156&tab=comments#comment-245854

Recommended modified entry:  [FileManager *]

Added:  DetectOS=6.2|6.3

[FileManager *]
DetectOS=6.2|6.3
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\FileManager_cw5n1h2txyewy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FileManager_*\LocalState|*.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, APMichael said:

[Cortana *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Cortana_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Cortana_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\AppIconCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache|*.txt
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\DeviceSearchCache\|SettingsCache.txt

Thanks for your information. But this is very strange, because the changed FileKey9 you are using now deletes the same files as the previous FileKey of the entry that caused issues on your system. But anyway, let's just wait and see if the issue recurs. Just to make sure: You then also removed the ExcludeKey from your own entry? Or is there still an ExcludeKey in your entry?

I have exactly as it's quoted in your post, and it hasn't been breaking anything as I reported, and I've been checking several times a day for breakage.

Previously when the breakage was happening and I reported it I could replicated the breaking each and every time after a reboot, and I haven't had to run that .bat script anymore either to Reset And Rebuild Search Index. Although my laptop has received at least two Automatic Updates for v1803 that I'm fully aware of since I first reported having an issue with the cleaning, now rather that's a coincidence I haven't a clue.

Edit:

Maybe compare it with this OLD from Sept 2018 BleachBit winapp2.ini Cortana cleaner, it will break it 100% of the time.

[Cortana *]
LangSecRef=3031
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft*Cortana_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft*Cortana_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft*Cortana_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft*Cortana_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft*Cortana_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft*Cortana_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\LocalState\*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

3 hours ago, Andavari said:

I have exactly as it's quoted in your post, and it hasn't been breaking anything as I reported, and I've been checking several times a day for breakage.

Previously when the breakage was happening and I reported it I could replicated the breaking each and every time after a reboot, and I haven't had to run that .bat script anymore either to Reset And Rebuild Search Index. Although my laptop has received at least two Automatic Updates for v1803 that I'm fully aware of since I first reported having an issue with the cleaning, now rather that's a coincidence I haven't a clue.

Ok, thank you very much for your fast reply. I'm very sorry, but now I have to bother you again: If your entry is exactly like in my post, then your entry has an ExcludeKey? Or do we have a misunderstanding? (Because the main question of the current discussion is whether we need to exclude files or not.)

If your entry has an ExcludeKey, we know why your entry no longer breaks Cortana. If your entry doesn't have an ExcludeKey, it's even stranger, but maybe the "SettingsCache.txt" file is only important for non-English systems.

The BleachBit entry is the same as the current winapp2.ini entry, but without the correct ExcludeKey.

Modified entry:  [AccuWeather - Weather for Life *]

Changed name from [AccuWeather *] to [AccuWeather - Weather for Life *]

Reworked keys based on most recent file structure.

[AccuWeather - Weather for Life *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_8zz2pj9h1h1d8
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_8zz2pj9h1h1d8
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_*\AC\INet*\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AccuWeather.AccuWeatherforWindows8_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Modified entry:  [Adobe Reader Touch *]

Reworked keys based on most recent file structure.

[Adobe Reader Touch *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AdobeSystemsIncorporated.AdobeReader_ynb6jyjzte8ga\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed

Modified entries:  [Angry Birds Space *]  [Angry Birds Star Wars *]

Added DetectOS=6.2|6.3

[Angry Birds Space *]
DetectOS=6.2|6.3
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\1ED5AEA5.AngryBirdsSpace_p2gbknwb5d8r2
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\1ED5AEA5.AngryBirdsSpace_p2gbknwb5d8r2
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.AngryBirdsSpace_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.AngryBirdsSpace_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*

[Angry Birds Star Wars *]
DetectOS=6.2|6.3
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\1ED5AEA5.AngryBirdsBlack_p2gbknwb5d8r2
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\1ED5AEA5.AngryBirdsBlack_p2gbknwb5d8r2
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.AngryBirdsBlack_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\*.AngryBirdsBlack_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*

Modified entry:  [iTunes *]

Changed name from [Apple iTunes *] to [iTunes *]

[iTunes *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes|Cache.db;*.xml
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies|Cookies.binarycookies
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\SystemAppData\Helium\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

Modified entry:  [Authhost *]

Added DetectOS=6.2|6.3

[Authhost *]
LangSecRef=3031
DetectOS=6.2|6.3
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\microsoft.windows.authhost.sso_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

1 hour ago, siliconman01 said:

Modified entry:  [iTunes *]
Changed name from [Apple iTunes *] to [iTunes *] ...

This is not possible because the desktop version already uses this name. We could leave the name unchanged or use [iTunes App *]. The "App" is also used by some other apps, e.g. [ShareX App *].

On 24.2.2019 at 05:57, siliconman01 said:

Modified entry:   [My Office *]
Added:
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC\INetHistory\History.*\*|*.*|REMOVESELF ...

Just to be safe: Is this a copy and paste error or is the path correct? Because of the double "Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_*\AC".

[iTunes App *] would work just fine.

FileKey3 is correct as shown.  See pic.

MyOffice.png

Modified entry:  [Camera *]

Added:  FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*

[Camera *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Camera_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.*Camera_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_*\LocalState\AppData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsCamera_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Camera_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory

New entry:   [News for CNN *]

[News for CNN *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_806cg6g6fmyng
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_806cg6g6fmyng
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\AppCache\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\INet*\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\65465Fetisenko.NewsReaderforCNN_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Edited by siliconman01
added [News for CNN *]

• Moderators
9 hours ago, APMichael said:

Ok, thank you very much for your fast reply. I'm very sorry, but now I have to bother you again: If your entry is exactly like in my post, then your entry has an ExcludeKey? Or do we have a misunderstanding? (Because the main question of the current discussion is whether we need to exclude files or not.)

If your entry has an ExcludeKey, we know why your entry no longer breaks Cortana. If your entry doesn't have an ExcludeKey, it's even stranger, but maybe the "SettingsCache.txt" file is only important for non-English systems.

The BleachBit entry is the same as the current winapp2.ini entry, but without the correct ExcludeKey.

Sorry for the confusion, I do NOT have the ExcludeKey. Possibly confused during posting because I was tired and looking at what's been posted on here and what's in two different cleaning programs using two different versions of supposedly the same cleaning entry.

Trying to determine why CCleaner is no longer breaking it even though as you say it's essentially the same as before, and why BleachBit always breaks it.

-----------------------

Example 1 - INetCache:

BleachBit - ExcludeKey:
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

CCleaner - Deletes:

The wildcards are used differently so I don't know if it makes any difference or not. Maybe BleachBit isn't properly Excluding, or maybe CCleaner isn't properly deleting - haven't had the time to test between what each is doing.

-----------------------

Example 2 - TempState:

BleachBit - Deletes:
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

CCleaner - Deletes:

The wildcards are used differently. If that makes any difference in the ability to delete or fail to delete something I don't know.

-----------

Edit: Maybe ignore the BleachBit stuff and only focus on what's here for CCleaner. Why am I making this more confusing.:lol:

Modified entry:  [FilmOn Live TV *]

Changed name from [FilmOn *] to [FilmOn Live TV *]

Added:  

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*

All other Detect, DetectFile, and FileKey entries modified to incorporate the latest structure and names.  The latest Package entry name is slightly different than the Windows 8/8.1 version.  That's the reason for the FilmOnLiveTVFree. *_* modifications.

[FilmOn Live TV *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_zx03kxexxb716
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_zx03kxexxb716
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\FilmOnLiveTVFree.FilmOnLiveTVFree_zx03kxexxb716\SearchHistory

Modified entry:  [GasBuddy *]

Added:

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*

[GasBuddy *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_932xwky9axss4
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_932xwky9axss4
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\45351D82.GasBuddy-FindCheapGasPrices_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

Edited by siliconman01
Added [GasBuddy *]

8 hours ago, Andavari said:

Maybe BleachBit isn't properly Excluding, or maybe CCleaner isn't properly deleting - haven't had the time to test between what each is doing.

if i'm not mistaken, for locked files, bleachbit will schedule delete on reboot(Special operation)

15 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

[iTunes App *] would work just fine.

FileKey3 is correct as shown.  See pic. ...

Thanks for your clarification.

2 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Modified entry:  [FilmOn Live TV *]

Changed name from [FilmOn *] to [FilmOn Live TV *]

Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\FilmOnLiveTVFree.*_zx03kxexxb716 ...

Unfortunately CCleaner does not support wildcards in registry keys. You need to add an additional Detect.