Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

On 5/25/2018 at 01:34, siliconman01 said:

For some reason, the TRIM function of winapp2ool.exe (V0.8.0.0) does not recognize the DetectFile shown below for Chrome and it trims these all out.

DetectFile2=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*

If I change this to DetectFile2=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome, then they are not TRIMMED out.  

I wonder if CCleaner is recognizing %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*  where it is used in FileKey and ExcludeKey. ??? 

A build of winapp2ool.exe with this fixed is available: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/245

It's not yet on the master as I've made significant changes to the code and want to make sure everything is still functional before pushing. Everything in my tests seemed OK though :)

5 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

A build of winapp2ool.exe with this fixed is available: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/245

It's not yet on the master as I've made significant changes to the code and want to make sure everything is still functional before pushing. Everything in my tests seemed OK though :)

Fix is confirmed.  From what I have tested thus far, this new version appears to be working okay. :)

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I created a "redux" version of Trim called TrimXP which targets .NET Framework 4: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/tree/master/Tools/TrimXP

This should be useful to anyone on WindowsXP who cannot otherwise run winapp2ool due to the .NET 4.6 Requirement

The only concern I have is that I have never tested environment variable expanding on WindowsXP and don't know how/if some will work.

Revised Entry

Added: RegKey1

[Adobe CC *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\CreativeCloud
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC *\Adobe Photoshop CC * Settings\CrashLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC *\Adobe Photoshop CC * Settings\web-cache-temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC *\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%AppData%\Adobe\CRLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%AppData%\Adobe\dynamiclinkmanager\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%AppData%\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%AppData%\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport2CC\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%AppData%\Adobe\Lumetri\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\*|Plugin Loading.log
FileKey12=%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Installers|CoreSyncInstall.log;Install.log
FileKey14=%Documents%\Adobe|*.log
FileKey15=%Documents%\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey16=%Documents%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\*|Plugin Loading.log
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU

On 6/4/2018 at 22:21, Winapp2.ini said:

Winapp2ool has been (officially) updated to v0.85beta, existing previous versions should inform users of this.

Is the format for 0.85beta for the features included at this point pretty much as you expect to keep them?  The reason for my question is that I would like to generate a "How to use" procedure for a few "not so computer savvy" friends and relatives that I help with their computers.  :)  They are currently using the pre-Winapp2ool tools to trim their Winapp2.ini.  They only use Trim and the CCinidebug tools because I do the other "stuff" prior to sending them the latest Winapp2.ini each time a new version of CCleaner is released.  

TIA for your feedback.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

At this point yes, the features are mostly in their final state under the new menu system. I'll be working on creating documentation for it all soon.

14 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Is the format for 0.85beta for the features included at this point pretty much as you expect to keep them?  The reason for my question is that I would like to generate a "How to use" procedure for a few "not so computer savvy" friends and relatives that I help with their computers.  :)  They are currently using the pre-Winapp2ool tools to trim their Winapp2.ini.  They only use Trim and the CCinidebug tools because I do the other "stuff" prior to sending them the latest Winapp2.ini each time a new version of CCleaner is released.  

TIA for your feedback.  

On a related note, I have intention to create likely one more module that executes combinations of the other modules tasks, so simplify the tool further.

8 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

At this point yes, the features are mostly in their final state under the new menu system. I'll be working on creating documentation for it all soon.

On a related note, I have intention to create likely one more module that executes combinations of the other modules tasks, so simplify the tool further.

Hey, thanks for the feedback.  I think I will wait a bit before I send it out.  One simplification combination suggestion:  One that trims the winapp2.ini file and then edits the ccleaner.ini file. :)

New Entry

[Apple iTunes *]
DetectOS=10.0
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes|Cache.db;*.xml
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies|Cookies.binarycookies
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\SystemAppData\Helium\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

For the new README.md file with the Winapp2 instructions, it appears that most of the backslashes have been "escaped" like in a c string.  So most of the backslashes in the path names are doubled up, also some of the asterisks are escaped, showing up as *\ instead of just *

For the LangSecRef list, here are a few more:

LangSecRef=3029 = Google Chrome

LangSecRef=3030 = Thunderbird

LangSecRef=3031 = Windows Store

On 15.6.2018 at 03:12, PICPro said:

For the new README.md file with the Winapp2 instructions, it appears that most of the backslashes have been "escaped" like in a c string.  So most of the backslashes in the path names are doubled up, also some of the asterisks are escaped, showing up as *\ instead of just *

That's correct, because GitHub uses the Markdown format (.md not .txt). Workaround: You can copy and paste the readme text, instead of downloading the .md file.

On 15.6.2018 at 03:12, PICPro said:

For the LangSecRef list, here are a few more:
LangSecRef=3029 = Google Chrome
LangSecRef=3030 = Thunderbird
LangSecRef=3031 = Windows Store

Thanks!

Winapp2.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/ecc4968946fb8b4a796cf55e2c15a8ab6c340203

Winapp3.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/0ce47e9475825095ffb481eb001deaa440e35dbc

After installing the current 64 bit Vivaldi in Windows 7, I noticed that an entry was missing in [SetupMetrics *].  I'm suggesting to add FileKey21 as this is where the files have been going:

[SetupMetrics *]
LangSecRef=3029
Detect1=HKCU\Software\7Star\7Star
Detect2=HKCU\Software\360Browser\Browser
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Amigo
Detect4=HKCU\Software\CentBrowser
Detect5=HKCU\Software\ChromePlus
Detect6=HKCU\Software\Chromium\PreferenceMACs
Detect7=HKCU\Software\CocCoc\Browser
Detect8=HKCU\Software\Comodo\Dragon
Detect9=HKCU\Software\Coowon\Coowon
Detect10=HKCU\Software\Epic Privacy Browser
Detect11=HKCU\Software\Flock
Detect12=HKCU\Software\RockMelt
Detect13=HKCU\Software\Slimjet
Detect14=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect15=HKCU\Software\Vivaldi
Detect16=HKCU\Software\Yandex\YandexBrowser
DetectFile1=%AppData%\brave
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\7Star\7Star\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Brave\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\CentBrowser\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\CocCoc\Browser\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Coowon\Coowon\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Epic Privacy Browser\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Flock\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\MapleStudio\ChromePlus\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\RockMelt\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Torch\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey15=%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey16=%ProgramFiles%\Comodo\Dragon\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey17=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome*\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey18=%ProgramFiles%\Slimjet\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey19=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey20=%ProgramFiles%\SuperBird\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey21=%ProgramFiles%\Vivaldi\Application\SetupMetrics|*.*|REMOVESELF

I'm suggesting to add FileKey21 to [Installer *] for the same reason as above:

[Installer *]
LangSecRef=3029
Detect1=HKCU\Software\7Star\7Star
Detect2=HKCU\Software\360Browser\Browser
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Amigo
Detect4=HKCU\Software\CentBrowser
Detect5=HKCU\Software\ChromePlus
Detect6=HKCU\Software\Chromium\PreferenceMACs
Detect7=HKCU\Software\CocCoc\Browser
Detect8=HKCU\Software\Comodo\Dragon
Detect9=HKCU\Software\Coowon\Coowon
Detect10=HKCU\Software\Epic Privacy Browser
Detect11=HKCU\Software\Flock
Detect12=HKCU\Software\RockMelt
Detect13=HKCU\Software\Slimjet
Detect14=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect15=HKCU\Software\Vivaldi
Detect16=HKCU\Software\Yandex\YandexBrowser
DetectFile1=%AppData%\brave
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\7Star\7Star\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\360Browser\Browser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Brave\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\CentBrowser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\CocCoc\Browser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Coowon\Coowon\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Epic Privacy Browser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Flock\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\MapleStudio\ChromePlus\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\RockMelt\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Torch\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey15=%LocalAppData%\Yandex\YandexBrowser\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey16=%ProgramFiles%\Comodo\Dragon\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey17=%ProgramFiles%\Google\Chrome*\Application\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey18=%ProgramFiles%\Slimjet\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey19=%ProgramFiles%\SRWare Iron\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey20=%ProgramFiles%\SuperBird\*\Installer|*.7z
FileKey21=%ProgramFiles%\Vivaldi\Application\*\Installer|*.7z

23 hours ago, PICPro said:

After installing the current 64 bit Vivaldi in Windows 7, I noticed that an entry was missing in [SetupMetrics *].  I'm suggesting to add FileKey21 as this is where the files have been going:...

Thank you for the info. I found out that it depends on the installation type. On the first setup screen you can click on "Advanced" and choose the "Installation type": "Install per user" (default setting) uses "%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application" and "Install for all users" uses "%ProgramFiles%\Vivaldi\Application".

Winapp2.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/f26f273c079d3273935f80d8a0deed18a39cb3e1

I've noticed that VLC Media Player makes backups of the vlc-qc-interface.ini file from time to time, adding an additional file extension.  I'm not sure what triggers the backup, but it seems like every couple weeks it happens.  Depending on your settings, there can be an MRU file name list near the end of each file which may have privacy implications, therefore I'm suggesting to add FileKey2 to remove the backups, but not the actual .ini file.  FileKey3 can be added to make sure that the crashdump and crashdump.mv folders are emptied.

[VLC Media Player *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\VideoLAN\VLC
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\vlc|*.cache-3;ml.xspf.tmp*
FileKey2=%AppData%\vlc|vlc-qt-interface.ini.*
FileKey3=%AppData%\vlc\crashdump*|*.*

Here is an update for [Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 *]

[Canon Digital Photo Professional 4 *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\Canon_Inc_IC\DPP4
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\Canon\Digital Photo Professional 4
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Canon_Inc_IC\DPP4\Application\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Canon_Inc_IC\DPP4\DppMWare\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Canon_Inc_IC\ServiceLog\AutoUpdateService|*.txt
FileKey4=%ProgramData%\Canon_Inc_IC\UniversalInstaller\ServiceLog|*.TXT

FileKey1 added to make sure that the Temp subfolder gets cleared.

FileKey3 and 4 are to clean out the log files that accumulate when using the updater or the lens module downloader.

Revised Entry

Added: Detect1 and FileKey2

[Apple MobileSync Backups *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\Apple Computer, Inc.
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%UserProfile%\Apple\MobileSync\Backup|*.*|RECURSE

Modified entry:  [Syncios Cell Phone Backup & Manage *]

Added FileKey3

[Syncios Cell Phone Backup & Manage *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Syncios
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Syncios Data Transfer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Syncios|android.log;log.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\Syncios Data Transfer|*.log
FileKey3=%UserProfile%\Documents\Syncios Data Transfer|preference_conf.ini.old.bak

3 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Modified entry:  [Syncios Cell Phone Backup & Manage *]

Added FileKey3 ...

Thanks for the modified entry. For the FileKey3 you can use the variable %Documents%:

[Syncios Cell Phone Backup & Manage *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Syncios
Detect2=HKCU\Software\Syncios Data Transfer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Syncios|android.log;log.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\Syncios Data Transfer|*.log
FileKey3=%Documents%\Syncios Data Transfer|preference_conf.ini.old.bak

• 2 weeks later...

New entry:  [Stocks and Futures *]

[Stocks and Futures *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_xgnzh3xnefnqe
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\AppData\Indexed DB|*.log
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\LocalState|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\24877CutthroatSoftware.StocksandFutures_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat