Piriform Community Forums
Winapp2.ini

Winapp2.ini additions

On 5/25/2018 at 01:34, siliconman01 said:

For some reason, the TRIM function of winapp2ool.exe (V0.8.0.0) does not recognize the DetectFile shown below for Chrome and it trims these all out.

DetectFile2=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*

If I change this to DetectFile2=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome, then they are not TRIMMED out.  

I wonder if CCleaner is recognizing %LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*  where it is used in FileKey and ExcludeKey. ??? 

A build of winapp2ool.exe with this fixed is available: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/245

It's not yet on the master as I've made significant changes to the code and want to make sure everything is still functional before pushing. Everything in my tests seemed OK though :)

5 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

A build of winapp2ool.exe with this fixed is available: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/245

It's not yet on the master as I've made significant changes to the code and want to make sure everything is still functional before pushing. Everything in my tests seemed OK though :)

Fix is confirmed.  From what I have tested thus far, this new version appears to be working okay. :)

I created a "redux" version of Trim called TrimXP which targets .NET Framework 4: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/tree/master/Tools/TrimXP

This should be useful to anyone on WindowsXP who cannot otherwise run winapp2ool due to the .NET 4.6 Requirement

The only concern I have is that I have never tested environment variable expanding on WindowsXP and don't know how/if some will work.

Winapp2ool has been (officially) updated to v0.85beta, existing previous versions should inform users of this.

Revised Entry

Added: RegKey1

[Adobe CC *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\CreativeCloud
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC *\Adobe Photoshop CC * Settings\CrashLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC *\Adobe Photoshop CC * Settings\web-cache-temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC *\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%AppData%\Adobe\CRLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%AppData%\Adobe\dynamiclinkmanager\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%AppData%\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Log|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%AppData%\Adobe\Extension Manager CC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport2CC\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%AppData%\Adobe\Lumetri\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\*|Plugin Loading.log
FileKey12=%AppData%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%CommonProgramFiles%\Adobe\Installers|CoreSyncInstall.log;Install.log
FileKey14=%Documents%\Adobe|*.log
FileKey15=%Documents%\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\*\logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey16=%Documents%\Adobe\Premiere Pro\*|Plugin Loading.log
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU

On 6/4/2018 at 22:21, Winapp2.ini said:

Winapp2ool has been (officially) updated to v0.85beta, existing previous versions should inform users of this.

Is the format for 0.85beta for the features included at this point pretty much as you expect to keep them?  The reason for my question is that I would like to generate a "How to use" procedure for a few "not so computer savvy" friends and relatives that I help with their computers.  :)  They are currently using the pre-Winapp2ool tools to trim their Winapp2.ini.  They only use Trim and the CCinidebug tools because I do the other "stuff" prior to sending them the latest Winapp2.ini each time a new version of CCleaner is released.  

TIA for your feedback.  

At this point yes, the features are mostly in their final state under the new menu system. I'll be working on creating documentation for it all soon.

14 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

Is the format for 0.85beta for the features included at this point pretty much as you expect to keep them?  The reason for my question is that I would like to generate a "How to use" procedure for a few "not so computer savvy" friends and relatives that I help with their computers.  :)  They are currently using the pre-Winapp2ool tools to trim their Winapp2.ini.  They only use Trim and the CCinidebug tools because I do the other "stuff" prior to sending them the latest Winapp2.ini each time a new version of CCleaner is released.  

TIA for your feedback.  

On a related note, I have intention to create likely one more module that executes combinations of the other modules tasks, so simplify the tool further.

8 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

At this point yes, the features are mostly in their final state under the new menu system. I'll be working on creating documentation for it all soon.

On a related note, I have intention to create likely one more module that executes combinations of the other modules tasks, so simplify the tool further.

Hey, thanks for the feedback.  I think I will wait a bit before I send it out.  One simplification combination suggestion:  One that trims the winapp2.ini file and then edits the ccleaner.ini file. :)

New Entry

[Apple iTunes *]
DetectOS=10.0
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_nzyj5cx40ttqa
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Apple Computer\iTunes|Cache.db;*.xml
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Caches|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Cookies|Cookies.binarycookies
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\Device Support|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\LocalCache\Roaming\Apple Computer\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\SystemAppData\Helium\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\AppleInc.iTunes_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

For the new README.md file with the Winapp2 instructions, it appears that most of the backslashes have been "escaped" like in a c string.  So most of the backslashes in the path names are doubled up, also some of the asterisks are escaped, showing up as *\ instead of just *

For the LangSecRef list, here are a few more:

LangSecRef=3029 = Google Chrome

LangSecRef=3030 = Thunderbird

LangSecRef=3031 = Windows Store

On 15.6.2018 at 03:12, PICPro said:

For the new README.md file with the Winapp2 instructions, it appears that most of the backslashes have been "escaped" like in a c string.  So most of the backslashes in the path names are doubled up, also some of the asterisks are escaped, showing up as *\ instead of just *

That's correct, because GitHub uses the Markdown format (.md not .txt). Workaround: You can copy and paste the readme text, instead of downloading the .md file.

On 15.6.2018 at 03:12, PICPro said:

For the LangSecRef list, here are a few more:
LangSecRef=3029 = Google Chrome
LangSecRef=3030 = Thunderbird
LangSecRef=3031 = Windows Store

Thanks!

Winapp2.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/ecc4968946fb8b4a796cf55e2c15a8ab6c340203

Winapp3.ini update:
https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/0ce47e9475825095ffb481eb001deaa440e35dbc

Edited by APMichael