Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

6 hours ago, SMalik said:

Please change [AVG PC TuneUp & Utilities *] to [AVG PC TuneUp *].

I think [AVG PC TuneUp & Utilities Reg Defrag Cleanup *] should be merged into this entry.

https://www.avg.com/en-us/avg-pctuneup

[AVG PC TuneUp *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\AVG\AWL\RegistryCleaner
Detect2=HKCU\Software\TuneUp
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\AVG\AWL*\CrashDumps|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\CrashDumps|*.*
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG1;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG2;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities *|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Avg\AWL*\Log|*.log
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Avg\dumps\fmw1|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Avg\Log|*.log;zappapi.log.1|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Avg\Log\fmw1|*.*
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows|USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_old;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\TuneUp Software|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey12=%Public%|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG1;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG2;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey13=%SystemDrive%\Boot|BCD_tureg_new.LOG*;BCD_tureg_old
FileKey14=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService*|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey15=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService*|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey16=%SystemDrive%\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\tu16|*.log
FileKey17=%UserProfile%|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey18=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey19=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows|USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_old;USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*
FileKey20=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService|NTUSER.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*;NTUSER.DAT_tureg_old
FileKey21=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows|USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_old;USRCLASS.DAT_tureg_new.LOG*
FileKey22=%WinDir%\System32\config|COMPONENTS_tureg_new.LOG*;COMPONENTS_tureg_old;DEFAULT_tureg_new.LOG*;DEFAULT_tureg_old;SAM_tureg_new.LOG*;SAM_tureg_old;SECURITY_tureg_new.LOG*;SECURITY_tureg_old;Software_tureg_new.LOG*;Software_tureg_old;SYSTEM_tureg_new.LOG*;SYSTEM_tureg_old;DRIVERS_tureg_new.LOG*;DRIVERS_tureg_old;Software_tureg_new;SYSTEM_tureg_new
FileKey23=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\fmw1|*.log;*.log.lock
FileKey24=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\tu16|*.log;*.log.lock
FileKey25=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\fmw1|*.log
FileKey26=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\setup1|*.log
FileKey27=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\Log\tu16|*.log

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

On 2/23/2018 at 15:56, siliconman01 said:

Then why make a separate entry?  Just leave them in [Windows Logs *] and state that every time a person runs CCleaner, the system should be rebooted.  I would like to know what entries in CCleaner (unless you are referring the Advanced category) and Winapp2.ini require a system reboot because I am totally unaware of that requirement on certain entries.

There is no need to wipe WDI logs each time CCleaner is used. By having a separate entry, we can leave it unchecked and use it when needed.

4 hours ago, SMalik said:

Isn’t Detect2 enough?

I don't know about earlier versions of PC TuneUp which may need it.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

5 hours ago, SMalik said:

There is no need to wipe WDI logs each time CCleaner is used. By having a separate entry, we can leave it unchecked and use it when needed.

I think it's fruitless to separate this entry without also including a warning that informs the user of the restart requirement

21 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I think it's fruitless to separate this entry without also including a warning that informs the user of the restart requirement

It is fine to have a warning, but I suggest to have a separate entry for WDI diagnostic and startup logs..

Hello, new user so sorry if been asked before: I switched from Chrome to Chrome Beta, simply copying the old user profile over in appdata. It seems that CCleaner doesn't recognize Chrome Beta. Can I use winapp2.ini to make Chrome Beta "look like" the normal Chrome to CCleaner? (e.g. replacing each entry or something?)

Can you add a category especially for Chrome Beta in winapp2.ini?

Thanks

Modified Entry:  [Corel Downloads *]

Changed REMOVESELF to RECURSE because of the volatility of the DetectFile which can cause downloaded files between TRIMS to be left on the system.

[Corel Downloads *]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\Corel\Downloads
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Corel\Downloads|*.*|RECURSE

Also, did you decide not to change the name of [AVG PC TuneUp & Utilities *] to [AVG PC Tuneup *] or is it just an oversight in the last Update?

13 hours ago, internetaddict47 said:

Hello, new user so sorry if been asked before: I switched from Chrome to Chrome Beta, simply copying the old user profile over in appdata. It seems that CCleaner doesn't recognize Chrome Beta. Can I use winapp2.ini to make Chrome Beta "look like" the normal Chrome to CCleaner? (e.g. replacing each entry or something?)

You can use following methods to add other browsers:
https://www.ccleaner.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

CustomLocation1=CHROME|path_to_user_profile
https://forum.piriform.com/search/?q=CustomLocation1=CHROME

Revised Entry

Added: .tmp in FileKey1

[Notifications *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications|*.db;*.db-shm;*.db-wal;*.tmp
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpnidm|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\Backup
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\wpnidm

On 2/27/2018 at 12:52, APMichael said:

Yes, that worked perfectly! Added the line in ccleaner.ini and it made it look like normal Chrome. Thanks!

Updates: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/8653eebb5b4f779a91445d3d325a82a2d57558e4

On 2/26/2018 at 23:08, siliconman01 said:

Also, did you decide not to change the name of [AVG PC TuneUp & Utilities *] to [AVG PC Tuneup *] or is it just an oversight in the last Update?

Yes it was an oversight. Should be called that now.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

I suggest removing the [Adobe Media Cache *] entry. If someone starts a project in Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro, save an unfinished project and if this cache is removed, the project will break. I use this when I complete the project, but a person might not know about it and remove this cache while the project is not yet completed. So I think it is dangerous.

CyberLink entries have same media cache removal. I’ll install CyberLink trial programs and will test them by removing the cache files the same way I did with Adobe Media Cache files.

5 hours ago, SMalik said:

I suggest removing the [Adobe Media Cache *] entry. If someone starts a project in Premiere Elements or Premiere Pro, save an unfinished project and if this cache is removed, the project will break. I use this when I complete the project, but a person might not know about it and remove this cache while the project is not yet completed. So I think it is dangerous.

CyberLink entries have same media cache removal. I’ll install CyberLink trial programs and will test them by removing the cache files the same way I did with Adobe Media Cache files.

Is the Media Cache worth cleaning at all?

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Is the Media Cache worth cleaning at all?

No, it is too dangerous like I said in my previous post. There are options in Adobe programs to remove these files manually.

Revised Entry

Added *.etl in FileKey5

[Photos *]
DetectOS=10.0|
LangSecRef=3031
Default=False
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState|*.etl;*.sqlite;*.sqlite-shm;*.sqlite-wal;*.xml
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\LocalState\PhotosAppTile|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedPickerData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App\DefaultSaveFileSingle
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\ManagedByApp
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_8wekyb3d8bbwe\PersistedStorageItemTable\MostRecentlyUsed
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

I have tested some other privacy cleaners and they all remove container.dat file from %LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\INetCache\

I think we should remove ExcludeKeys for this from all the Windows Store apps.

1 hour ago, SMalik said:

I have tested some other privacy cleaners and they all remove container.dat file from %LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\INetCache\

I think we should remove ExcludeKeys for this from all the Windows Store apps.

It seems that just a few apps need the ExcludeKey. But you wanted that we add the ExcludeKey to all Windows Store entries!
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=281&tab=comments#comment-292447
Now you changed your mind again... :(

Those apps need the ExcludeKey: Bing Weather, HuluPlus, Netflix (and maybe other?)
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=205&tab=comments#comment-266270

8 hours ago, APMichael said:

It seems that just a few apps need the ExcludeKey. But you wanted that we add the ExcludeKey to all Windows Store entries!
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=281&tab=comments#comment-292447
Now you changed your mind again... :(

Those apps need the ExcludeKey: Bing Weather, HuluPlus, Netflix (and maybe other?)
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=205&tab=comments#comment-266270

You’re wrong, I have not said that in that post.

I have not changed my mind on not deleting container.dat from %LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache

There is a difference between %LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache and %LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\INetCache

As I mentioned in my last post, other programs delete these container.dat files from %LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\INetCache. I tested that and there is no harm in deleting these files. I did not know much about these files at that time. When I saw that deleting these files from %LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache was causing issues, I thought all those files should be excluded.

In Windows 8/10, TokenBroker/Cache is being used to store login infos, so this should be removed from all the Windows 8/10 related entries. There was a similar issue with the [Security Service Token Cache *] entry, where Windows Insider Program account login info were being removed.

13 hours ago, SMalik said:

You’re wrong, I have not said that in that post.

Did you read your old post?!

On 24.1.2018 at 22:52, SMalik said:

A FEW RECOMMENDATIONS:

This exclude key should be added into each Windows Store app entry.
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\INetCache\|container.dat

You clearly talked about "%LocalAppData%\Packages\*\AC\INetCache"!

13 hours ago, SMalik said:

...I did not know much about these files at that time. When I saw that deleting these files from %LocalAppData%\Packages\appname_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache was causing issues, I thought all those files should be excluded.

IMHO it's not a good idea to recommend something if you don't know why... But let's forget the topic.

BTW, I checked the container.dat files on my system. They all are empty and have 0 KB. And they get recreated after deletion. It seems there's no reason for deleting them.