Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

55 minutes ago, SMalik said:

Revised Entry

Changed name from [Adobe Photoshop *] to [Adobe Photoshop 5.5 *]
Changed Detect from HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop to HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5
Changed LangSecRef from 3021 to 3023

[Adobe Photoshop 5.5 *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop*\Generator\logs|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Bridge*\Cache\Thumbnails|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%AppData%\Adobe\FileBrowser\PhotoshopCS|*.*
FileKey5=%AppData%\Adobe\Photoshop Album\*.*|Logse*.txt
FileKey6=%Pictures%|.BridgeSort|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5\VisitedDirs

I don't think these paths are specific to version 5.5, as I have seen these paths on a machine running Photoshop CC 2015

This iteration of the entry is partially the result of merging several others as well:

[Adobe Photoshop 5.5*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False

[Adobe Photoshop Album Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Album
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Photoshop Album\*.*|Logse*.txt

[Adobe Photoshop CS2 More*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0
DetectFile1=%AppData%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache
DetectFile2=%AppData%\Adobe\Bridge\Cache
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Bridge\Cache\Thumbnails|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%Pictures%|.BridgeSort|RECURSE
[Photoshop CS Filebrowser*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
Detect=HKLM\Software\Adobe\Photoshop
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\FileBrowser\PhotoshopCS|*.*

1 hour ago, SMalik said:

Revised Entry

Changed name from [ACDSee Standard Registry *] to [ACDSee Standard *].

Changed LangSecRef=3021 to LangSecRef=3023

Removed:
Detect1=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee
Detect2=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee Standard
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistMCFDestFolder
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistPaths
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|LastOptionPageName
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|OpenFolder
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ContactSheetFN
HKU\S-1-5-21-1202660629-854245398-1801674531-1003\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ImageMapFN

Added:
Detect=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60
%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\ICMCache|*.*|RECURSE
%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\SavedSearches|*.*|RECURSE

[ACDSee Standard *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\ICMCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\SavedSearches|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistMCFDestFolder
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|HistPaths
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|LastOptionPageName
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60|OpenFolder
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ContactSheetFN
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60\PrintOptions\OutputContactSheet|ImageMapFN

I assume that the removal of the HKU\ regkeys is due to the S-1-5-.... path being machine specific? Likewise for K-Lite

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I assume that the removal of the HKU\ regkeys is due to the S-1-5-.... path being machine specific? Likewise for K-Lite

Yes. I do not know how you allowed these paths to be added.

2 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I don't think these paths are specific to version 5.5, as I have seen these paths on a machine running Photoshop CC 2015

This iteration of the entry is partially the result of merging several others as well:

[Adobe Photoshop 5.5*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False

[Adobe Photoshop Album Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop Album
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Photoshop Album\*.*|Logse*.txt

[Adobe Photoshop CS2 More*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile1=%AppData%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache
DetectFile2=%AppData%\Adobe\Bridge\Cache
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Bridge\Cache\Thumbnails|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%Pictures%|.BridgeSort|RECURSE

[Photoshop CS Filebrowser*]
LangSecRef=3021
Default=False
Detect=HKLM\Software\Adobe\Photoshop
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\FileBrowser\PhotoshopCS|*.*

I think we should keep these separate or they all should be removed. I don't think Photoshop 5.5 has only one trace (HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5\VisitedDirs) to be removed, same thing with [Adobe Photoshop CS2 More*]. If you decided to keep them separate or as one entry, please change the LangSecRef to 3023.

So today, we merged the big PR and is now ready to be used for everyone.

You will notice a significant change with Winapp2 with this update, compared to the old file. We have removed over 2000 lines from Winapp2, the # of entries has dropped from ~2500 to 2110, and the file size has dropped ~30-40kb, all without decreasing Winapp2's cleaning coverage.. The changes include many entries being merged, however, stuff like cache and backup entries were kept separate, reorganizing and alphabetizing all the entries, and all new additions from the community since the last update should also be included already.

Make sure to grab the latest Winapp2 from Github.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

3 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

I am all for making entries for ACDSee Pro but NOT touching the existing ones for ACDSee 6.0 Standard Database and ACDSee 6.0 Standard Registry,

I will not suggest adding the removal of databases. You can create your own custom entry and do whatever you'd like. The name, ACDSee Standard Registry, does not make sense. The program's name is ACDSee Standard.

14 minutes ago, ROCKNROLL said:

So today, we merged the big PR and is now ready to be used for everyone.

You will notice a significant change with Winapp2 with this update, compared to the old file. We have removed over 2000 lines from Winapp2, the # of entries has dropped from ~2500 to 2110, and the file size has dropped ~30-40kb, all without decreasing Winapp2's cleaning coverage.. The changes include many entries being merged, however, stuff like cache and backup entries were kept separate, reorganizing and alphabetizing all the entries, and all new additions from the community since the last update should also be included already.

Make sure to grab the latest Winapp2 from Github.

Great work. Thank you for your contribution.

As for the [Windows ShellBags *] entry, IconLayouts value at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\1\Desktop, keeps a cache of Desktop shortcuts. I think we should include this value to be removed.

Revised Entry

http://www.techulator.com/resources/11279-What-LastGood-LastGoodtmp-folders-Windows-8.aspx

Changed name from [LastGood.tmp Folder *] to [Last Known Good Configuration *] or we can change it to [Last Good Configuration *].

Added:
Detect
%WinDir%\LastGood|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Last Known Good Configuration *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\LastGood|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%WinDir%\LastGood.tmp|*.*|REMOVESELF

Thanks for the publicly released Winapp2.ini update!  Happy New Year! :wub:

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

8 hours ago, SMalik said:

Revised Entry

http://www.techulator.com/resources/11279-What-LastGood-LastGoodtmp-folders-Windows-8.aspx

Changed name from [LastGood.tmp Folder *] to [Last Known Good Configuration *] or we can change it to [Last Good Configuration *].

Added:
Detect
%WinDir%\LastGood|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Last Known Good Configuration *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\LastGood|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%WinDir%\LastGood.tmp|*.*|REMOVESELF

After reading some articles online about these directories, I think we should not add this entry. Also, the current [LastGood.tmp Folder *]  entry should be removed. Removing both or any of these directories can break Windows 7.

21 hours ago, SMalik said:

I think we should keep these separate or they all should be removed. I don't think Photoshop 5.5 has only one trace (HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\5.5\VisitedDirs) to be removed, same thing with [Adobe Photoshop CS2 More*]. If you decided to keep them separate or as one entry, please change the LangSecRef to 3023.

Winapp.ini from CCleaner 5.38 has all of the Photoshop entries, including CS2, with LanSecRef 3021. For example:

[Adobe Photoshop CS2]
ID=2027
LangSecRef=3021
Default=True
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\VisitedDirs
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU\Photoshop\FileList
FileKey1=%appdata%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache|*.*

Shouldn't [Adobe Photoshop *] that is now in Winapp2.ini also then use LangSecRef=3021 ?

5 hours ago, SMalik said:

After reading some articles online about these directories, I think we should not add this entry. Also, the current [LastGood.tmp Folder *]  entry should be removed. Removing both or any of these directories can break Windows 7.

Can break Windows 8+, not 7, correct?

5 hours ago, SMalik said:

How about adding a DetectOS for Windows 8 or higher and keeping it?  I've used the original for many moons and it never damaged Windows 8 or 10.  Lastgood.tmp does get created every now and then 

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

3 hours ago, PICPro said:

Winapp.ini from CCleaner 5.38 has all of the Photoshop entries, including CS2, with LanSecRef 3021. For example:

[Adobe Photoshop CS2]
ID=2027
LangSecRef=3021
Default=True
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\VisitedDirs
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\MediaBrowser\MRU\Photoshop\FileList
FileKey1=%appdata%\Adobe\CameraRaw\Cache|*.*

Shouldn't [Adobe Photoshop *] that is now in Winapp2.ini also then use LangSecRef=3021 ?

In that case, we should keep LangSecRef 3021, but then we should change the LagSecRef's of the entries listed below to 3021.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 15
Adobe Premiere Elements 15
Adobe Elements Organizer
CyberLink AudioDirector 8
CyberLink ColorDirector 6
CyberLink PhotoDirector 9
CyberLink PowerDirector 16
Faststone Image Viewer

2 hours ago, cbaumer0628 said:

Can break Windows 8+, not 7, correct?

It can impact any Windows OS. They recommend using the Disk Cleanup utility to remove these directories, just like Windows.old directory.

CCleaner uses LangSecRef 3021 for internet security programs. I think we should change the LangSecRef of Avast, AVG, Avira AntiVir Desktop, Bitdefender, ESET, Kaspersky, McAfee and Norton to 3021 from 3024.

1 hour ago, ROCKNROLL said:

A few updates were released today to fix some regressions from the overhaul, 1 in slim cleaner and 1 in internet explorer. Please update your Winapp2 copy.

You guys forgot to update ACDSee and K-Lite entries.

So the Internet Explorer metro app entry got merged into the Internet Explorer entry, as I suggested before. This is better and the correct way.

Revised Entry

This path, HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer is available on Windows, including Windows 8 & 10.

Removed:
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\windows_ie_ac_001
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_001

[Internet Explorer *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatUaCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey15=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\windows_ie_ac_001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats

8 hours ago, SMalik said:

It can impact any Windows OS. They recommend using the Disk Cleanup utility to remove these directories, just like Windows.old directory.

The explanation between Lastgood.tmp and System Restore at the link below implies that using System Restore is better.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/0d818ddf-6de9-4931-8a55-a8b4792c8863/the-difference-between-system-restore-and-last-good-known-configuration?forum=w8itprogeneral

21 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

You're trying to prove a wrong point here. Since Windows XP until now, with Window 10, I never used System Restore, but I"ll not suggest an entry to remove all restore points. I think I am the one who provided the entry to remove %WinDir%\LastGood.tmp . After reading some information about this, it is not safe. People complain about Winapp2.ini being very aggressive. I am worried that at one point, Piriform might stop its use with CCleaner.

By the way, disk imaging is better compared to System Restore.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, SMalik said:

By the way, disk imaging is better compare to System Restore.

hell yeah, orders of magnitude better.
it's an important point that needs stating occasionally to highlight that fact.
System Restore does not include any personal files.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

10 hours ago, SMalik said:

You're trying to prove a wrong point here. Since Windows XP until now, with Window 10, I never used System Restore, but I"ll not suggest an entry to remove all restore points. I think I am the one who provided the entry to remove %WinDir%\LastGood.tmp . After reading some information about this, it is not safe. People complain about Winapp2.ini being very aggressive. I am worried that at one point, Piriform might stop its use with CCleaner.

By the way, disk imaging is better compared to System Restore.

Yep, you did initially submit it on 25-July-2013 so it's been in Winapp2.ini for 4.5 years.  Anyone complained about it destroying their system as of yet?  I yield on this point to whatever y'all decide. :rolleyes: