Jump to content
CCleaner Community Forums
Winapp2.ini

Winapp2.ini additions

Recommended Posts

Please replace [Internet Explorer More *]  with this one.

[Internet Explorer *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iconcache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Entries

[Windows AppCache *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows PRICache *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SMalik said:

You forgot to change [Internet Explorer More *] to [Internet Explorer *]

I am going to work on this entry because I see some of the stuff is being removed by CCleaner's built-in entry for Internet Explorer. Also, some of the paths/locations in this entry belong to very old versions of Internet Explorer. Should I remove those paths/locations?

Whoever added FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE in this entry is wrong. First of all it does not belong to Internet Explorer, It is for Window 8/10 Start Menu entries. Removing all files from here can break Start Menu of Windows 8/10.

start_menu_entries.png

There actually already is an Internet Explorer entry in winapp2.ini

 

[Internet Explorer *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\windows_ie_ac_001
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_001
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\windows_ie_ac_001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage

[Internet Explorer More *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|frameiconcache.dat;tabiconcache.dat;brndlog.txt;brndlog.bak
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Last Active|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SmartScreen|*.tmp
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iconcache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\*Service\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey11=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\*Service\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey14=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CNum_CpCache
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CpCache
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\CpMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLSTime
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\|container.dat
	
12 minutes ago, SMalik said:

New Entries

[Windows AppCache *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows PRICache *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE

Are these two entries related to something in particular? Could they be included in Windows Subsystems *?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2017 at 16:36, Winapp2.ini said:

There actually already is an Internet Explorer entry in winapp2.ini

 


[Internet Explorer *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\windows_ie_ac_001
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_001
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\windows_ie_ac_001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage

[Internet Explorer More *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey2=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|frameiconcache.dat;tabiconcache.dat;brndlog.txt;brndlog.bak
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Last Active|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SmartScreen|*.tmp
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iconcache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\*Service\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey11=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\*Service\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
FileKey14=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CNum_CpCache
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CpCache
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\CpMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLSTime
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\|container.dat
	

Are these two entries related to something in particular? Could they be included in Windows Subsystems *?

I just saw it. Now both are showing up under Windows Store.

The other two entries  belong to Windows 8/10. They were included into [Internet Explorer More *] entry, but they have nothing to do with IE. I don't know much about those yet. I use another program and that does remove files from those two locations.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we should merge the entry with LangSecRef=3031 into LangSecRef=3022

[Internet Explorer *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iconcache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\windows_ie_ac_001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

These .txt files are not junk. These are part of the program.

Removed:
%ProgramFiles%\VideoLAN\VLC|*.txt
%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\VideoLAN\VLC|*.txt

[VLC Media Player *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\VideoLAN\VLC
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\vlc|*.cache-3

vlc.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Changed LangSecRef=3022 to LangSecRef=3025

[LocalSystem *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Local Settings\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey12=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey14=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey15=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey16=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey17=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey18=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This entry should be removed. I have used this program. There is no .log file at %AppData%\R-Wipe&Clean\ and  %CommonAppData%\R-Wipe&Clean\ is used for temporarily storing the running scheduled task.

[R-Wipe&Clean *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\R-TT\R-Wipe&Clean
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\R-Wipe&Clean|*.log
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\R-Wipe&Clean|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\R-Wipe&Clean|*.*|REMOVESELF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Added: %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\LocalCache\PlayReady\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

[Movies & TV *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe*
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\PRICache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\AC\TokenBroker\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\LocalCache\PlayReady\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\LocalState\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\LocalState\Database\anonymous|*.log
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\LocalState\PlayReady|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistory\SearchHistory

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Removed: ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware Player\|vixwrapper-product-config.txt

[VMware Player *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware Player
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VMware|*.log
FileKey2=%Documents%\My Virtual Machines|*.log|RECURSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Removed DetectFile and changed the Detect.

Removed:
%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.rtf;*.zip|RECURSE
%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware VIX|*.txt;*.rtf
%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.rtf;*.zip|RECURSE
%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\VMware\VMware VIX|*.txt;*.rtf
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware VIX\|vixwrapper-config.txt
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware Workstation\|vixwrapper-product-config.txt
ExcludeKey3=PATH|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\Help\|*.txt

[VMware Workstation *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware Workstation
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\VMware\hostd|*.log;*.gz|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\VMware\Installer|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\VMware\logs|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.log;*.gz;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VMware|*.log
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client\Logs|*.log;*.gz
FileKey7=%Documents%\My Virtual Machines|*.log|RECURSE

VMware.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After doing a OS reload for my Win 7 box, I found some files in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Temp" that can be removed.....  Can a new rule be added please....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not have ACDSee Pro but have ACDSee 6.0 Standard yet Pro also shows.  Can the DETECT* be fixed for PRO please.....  ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/138/commits/d2a330ad5c6ef14eda229e4211916080501d0d66

 

I did not join the internet explorer entries because one refers to the Metro app while the other refers to the desktop one.

I included the PRI cache into the Subsystems entry based on this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj552947.aspx

The Windows AppCache entry is part of Internet Explorer and some Metro apps based on this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh673545(v=vs.85).aspx

and the path is actually covered by an existing filekey in the Internet Explorer More * entry:

	    FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CSGalloway said:

I do not have ACDSee Pro but have ACDSee 6.0 Standard yet Pro also shows.  Can the DETECT* be fixed for PRO please.....  ??

Please review the latest revision I posted above and see if it addresses the problem you are having

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I looked

 and it still has the same detects for the 3 ACDSee entries. 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee 6.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CSGalloway said:

I looked

 and it still has the same detects for the 3 ACDSee entries. 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ACD Systems\ACDSee 6.0

Please doublecheck. The ACDSee Pro entry no longer uses a Detect.

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/blob/d2a330ad5c6ef14eda229e4211916080501d0d66/Winapp2.ini

 [ACDSee Pro *]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\ACD Systems\ACDSee Pro
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\Catalogs\*Pro\Default|*.*
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\ICMCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\ACD Systems\SavedSearches|*.*|RECURSE
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks good but I could likely spot what the detect would be and not have to use the detectfile for pro - if someone wanted to export the HKCU\Software\ACD Systems\  and send it to me please....

I also just emailed ACDSee support asking for a regkey test for users of ACDSee PRO - will post here if/when i hear back from them...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Modified Entry:  [SetRegistryKey Leftovers *]

Removed the Detect because this is another case where if the Detect value is not present at Trim time, the entry is not picked up.  However, it can be created at any time between Trims, so it would not get cleaned until the next Trim:

[SetRegistryKey Leftovers *]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New entry:  [Ookla Speed Test *]  

[Ookla Speed Test *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_43tkc6nmykmb6
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_43tkc6nmykmb6
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_*\LocalState|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_*\LocalState\Unity\Local.*\Analytics\ArchivedEvents\*|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Ookla.SpeedtestbyOokla_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27.12.2017 at 03:26, Winapp2.ini said:

...and the path is actually covered by an existing filekey in the Internet Explorer More * entry:


	    FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE

SMalik wrote that the FileKey is to aggressive: https://forum.piriform.com/topic/32310-winapp2ini-additions/?page=270&tab=comments#comment-289728.

The following two FileKeys should replace the aggressive one:

FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache.old|*.*|REMOVESELF

But this still covers the folders "ActionCenterCache" and "PRICache". Maybe it is better not to compress the entry and use the previous FileKeys?

FileKey=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompat*Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old|*.*|REMOVESELF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New: Deals with ClamWin Portable failed updates for the virus database which are incomplete, can be large, and don't get automatically cleaned by ClamWin Portable itself.

If anyone knows where the installed version of ClamWin stores this it could also be added into the winapp2.ini cleaner [ClamWin*].

Edit:
If whoever adds this to winapp2.ini doesn't like the name perhaps change it to [ClamWin Portable*], I was undecided about the naming of it.

[ClamWin Portable Failed Updates*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile=%SystemDrive%\PortableApps\ClamWinPortable\ClamWinPortable.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\PortableApps\ClamWinPortable\Data\db\clamav*|*.*|REMOVESELF

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/138/commits/d2a330ad5c6ef14eda229e4211916080501d0d66

 

I did not join the internet explorer entries because one refers to the Metro app while the other refers to the desktop one.

I included the PRI cache into the Subsystems entry based on this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj552947.aspx

The Windows AppCache entry is part of Internet Explorer and some Metro apps based on this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh673545(v=vs.85).aspx

and the path is actually covered by an existing filekey in the Internet Explorer More * entry:

 


	    FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE

 

In the first line of the link you provided (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh673545(v=vs.85).aspx) it says “Internet Explorer 10 and Windows apps using JavaScript support the Application Cache API (or AppCache), as defined in the HTML5 specification”.

I think there should be a separate entry for this under Windows Store, otherwise please add %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE in [Internet Explorer *] metro app entry.

[Internet Explorer *]
LangSecRef=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\windows_ie_ac_001
DetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_001
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\INet*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0\UsageLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\*|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\PRICache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\AC\Temp|*.*
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\windows_ie_ac_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCR\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\windows_ie_ac_001\Internet Explorer\DOMStorage


%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE should be removed. Like I said before, removing all the data base files at once from %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows \Caches, can break Windows 10 Start and the Start Menu.

The entry listed below is more balanced and compatible with IE 10 & 11. I have checked CCleaner's winsys.ini file and excluded the items that are included in CCleaner's built-in entry for Internet Explorer.

[Internet Explorer More *]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatUaCache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\System32\config\Systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStore
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\DOMStorage
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDelete
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Revised Entry

Added:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

[Windows ShellBags *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\BagMRU
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags
ExcludeKey1=REG|HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags\AllFolders\Shell
ExcludeKey2=REG|HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×