Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

3 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

did or does this location exist on any version of Windows 7-10? I don't have it on my Windows10 system either.

I have this on windows 10, AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache...

BTW why were all the "*" changed to " *", this is going to cause a headache.

38 minutes ago, SMalik said:

As for Ashampoo Burning Studio, if there is a newer version of the program is available for free with support for more drives, who will install or keep the previous free version?

Many do. Especially the year named versions as they're usually giveaway versions, not 'always free' versions (even though they technically are, they're not publicised as such to potential users). And newer is not always better. I used an old version of Burning Studio for years, cos the newer version added a load of bloat and functions I didn't need, was about ten times the size, and made a simple job complicated.

It sometimes seems like there's an OCD file size obsession when it comes to winapp2, even at the cost of functionality.

8 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Given that it's related to Windows Installer, should we fold this into the [Windows Installer *] entry?

I agree with you, %SystemDrive%\Config.msi|*.*|REMOVESELF  should be merged into [Windows Installer *].

On 11/21/2017 at 23:47, SMalik said:

"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts" not being wiped. Can someone take a look into this?

[Cached File Extensions*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts
RegKey2=HKU\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts

Any fix for this?

On 12/13/2017 at 22:27, SMalik said:

Please change the Detect. It shows up on a system that does not have any Adobe CS products.
Remove %LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater\*|aamul.log;aamun.log. It is already in [Adobe Updater *] and that's where it should be.

[Adobe CS *]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\CS*ServiceManager\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\CS*ServiceManager\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%AppData%\com.adobe.downloadassistant.AdobeDownloadAssistant|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%Documents%\Adobe\Adobe Media Encoder\6.0.0|*.log
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater\*|aamul.log;aamun.log
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Akamai\Cache|*.*
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Akamai\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

I see you have changed the Detect, but forgot to remove FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater\*|aamul.log;aamun.log

[TeraCopy *]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Code Sector\TeraCopy
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\TeraCopy|FileList.dat;Transfer.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\TeraCopy\History|*.*
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\TeraCopy|FileList.dat;Transfer.log
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\TeraCopy|FileList.dat;Transfer.log
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Code Sector\TeraCopy|LastTargetFolder

- Added FileKey2

20 hours ago, Special said:

BTW why were all the "*" changed to " *", this is going to cause a headache.

Partially for better alphabetization in the CCleaner interface, but also because many entries have been merged together or otherwise heavily modified, and lacking an effective way to communicate these sweeping changes to the end user, changing the name (which will toggle the entry back to disabled) seemed like a good way to indicate that a lot of changes have occurred.

If you're worried about the ccleaner.ini bloat, you can trim it using ccinidebug in the top post. If you're worried about resetting your settings, you can find & replace all the "*" to " *" in ccleaner.ini (this will transition over your old settings to new entries, assuming the name hasn't been otherwise changed other than the added space)

14 hours ago, SMalik said:

Some Windows 10 app"s names are changed. Zune Music is "Groove Music" now and Zune Video is "Movies & TV".

Have the paths also changed, or just the app names themselves?

14 hours ago, SMalik said:

Any fix for this?

Key might be in use, have you tried ending explorer.exe before cleaning?

3 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Have the paths also changed, or just the app names themselves?

Key might be in use, have you tried ending explorer.exe before cleaning?

Just the app names.

As for the Cached File Extensions, I have tried that.

• Moderators
On 12/14/2017 at 14:00, Winapp2.ini said:

Given that it's related to Windows Installer, should we fold this into the [Windows Installer *] entry?

There's a [Windows Installer Temps*] entry in there, I didn't find the one in the above quote.

Based upon combining them, here's what I've did on my system. Added Detect1 and Filekey1.

[Windows Installer Temps*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Installer
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Config.msi|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%WinDir%\Installer\MSI*.tmp-|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%WinDir%\Installer|*.tmp|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\Installer|SourceHash{*};wix{*}.SchedServiceConfig.rmi

15 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

Again, many thanks for all the effort y'all have put into optimizing Winapp2.ini...the file that is :D

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

2 hours ago, Special said:

And why are we removing it? It's an entry I use to clean out...

%AppData%\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache  =  C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache

not C:\Users\{username}\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache

i hope you can confirm whether you have that folder in Roaming directory, not LocalLow

Modified entry:  [Cyberlink Install Files *]

Removed DetectFile1 and DetectFile2

Added  Detect=HKCU\Software\CyberLink

Reason:  If the user trims Winapp2.ini and the users installed Cyberlink program has not been upgraded/updated, [CyberLink Install Files *] was getting trimmed out.  So when a Cyberlink upgrade occurs, the install files would not be cleaned until the user updates Winapp2.ini again and the trim would then leave [CyberLink Install Files *] in.  

[CyberLink Install Files *]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKCU\Software\CyberLink
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\install_backup|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\install_clap|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\install_backup|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\install_clap|*.*|REMOVESELF

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Thank you everyone for your patience with this second overhaul. We hope we can get this merged really soon.

In the meantime, if anyone can help out with this issue, we would be grateful: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/148

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Revised Entry

Added: %CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Security Health\Logs|*.*|RECURSE

[Windows Logs *]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Network\Downloader|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Security Health\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\USOShared\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\ConnectedDevicesPlatform|*.log
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Diagnostics|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\UNP\Logs|*.*
FileKey7=%SystemDrive%\PerfLogs\System\Diagnostics|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%SystemDrive%\PerfLogs\System\Performance|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%WinDir%\debug\WIA|*.log
FileKey10=%WinDir%\inf|*.log*
FileKey11=%WinDir%\Logs\CBS|*.cab
FileKey12=%WinDir%\Logs\dosvc|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey13=%WinDir%\Logs\NetSetup|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey14=%WinDir%\Logs\SIH|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey15=%WinDir%\Logs\WindowsBackup|*.etl
FileKey16=%WinDir%\Panther|cbs.log;DDACLSys.log;miglog.xml;Migrep.html;PostGatherPnPList.log;PreGatherPnPList.log
FileKey17=%WinDir%\Panther\FastCleanup|*.log
FileKey18=%WinDir%\Panther\Rollback|*.txt
FileKey19=%WinDir%\Panther\UnattendGC|diagerr.xml;diagwrn.xml
FileKey20=%WinDir%\repair|setup.log
FileKey21=%WinDir%\System32\catroot2|*.chk;*.log;*.jrs;*.txt
FileKey22=%WinDir%\System32\LogFiles\HTTPERR|*.log
FileKey23=%WinDir%\System32\LogFiles\Scm|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey24=%WinDir%\System32\LogFiles\Srt|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey25=%WinDir%\System32\sysprep\Panther\IE|diagerr.xml;diagwrn.xml;*.log
FileKey26=%WinDir%\System32\WDI\*|snapshot.etl|REMOVESELF
FileKey27=%WinDir%\System32\WDI\LogFiles\StartupInfo|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Tracing
RegKey3=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\RADAR\HeapLeakDetection\DiagnosedApplications
RegKey4=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Tracing
RegKey5=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings

1 hour ago, Tr3bg0D said:

How often is the Master file updated?

There is no regular update schedule. The commits I have been linking refer to a branch (Moscadotto-patch-1) that will eventually be merged with the master (and updating the main file with the aggregate of all 25+ commits in the branch), but has not yet been.

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/138/commits/0ad7e965172522011d7cbf3389d494d6808fc7f2

On 12/19/2017 at 13:14, Winapp2.ini said:

There is no regular update schedule. The commits I have been linking refer to a branch (Moscadotto-patch-1) that will eventually be merged with the master (and updating the main file with the aggregate of all 25+ commits in the branch), but has not yet been.

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/138/commits/0ad7e965172522011d7cbf3389d494d6808fc7f2

You forgot to change [Internet Explorer More *] to [Internet Explorer *]

I am going to work on this entry because I see some of the stuff is being removed by CCleaner's built-in entry for Internet Explorer. Also, some of the paths/locations in this entry belong to very old versions of Internet Explorer. Should I remove those paths/locations?

Whoever added FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*Cache*|*.*|RECURSE in this entry is wrong. First of all it does not belong to Internet Explorer, It is for Window 8/10 Start Menu entries. Removing all files from here can break Start Menu of Windows 8/10.