Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

10 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I believe back_track is referring to the alphabetization of the entries in the CCleaner application pane, where it prioritizes entries with spaces over those without. (eg. Origin* comes after Origin Installers*, but based on the bottom set of entries, I imagine that Origin * would precede Origin Installers* ). Changing entry names however restores their disabled state because CCleaner does not detect that an entry's name has been changed and instead detects it as a new entry, requiring the end user to reconfigure their settings after any name changes (via the UI or via ccleaner.ini)

100% correct, just lazy to writing it down.

In recent days, I have been utilizing Winapp2.ini's revised WinappDebug utility to edit my custom.ini file that I have for all my special additions to Winapp2.ini for my systems.  My editing work has been to ensure that all cleaning modules are in alphabetical order and pass all the tests in WinappDebug.  In addition, I edited out a substantial number of \| to be just | (single pipe).  A lot of my added cleaning modules center around removing language files that are non-English in a multitude of third-party programs.  So I have a "Section=US English Language" that contains approximately 45 unique cleaning modules for non-US English file removals.  

HOWEVER, on testing my edited custom.ini file, I found major problem where ExcludeKey entries would not be honored with just the | (single pipe).  I had to go back and add the \ to make CCleaner honor the ExcludeKey.  Below is a list of the ExcludeKey entries that failed to work after I removed the \.  I know that environmental entries require the \| instead of just |; however, these are not environmental entries. 

Can someone please clue me in as to why these will not work properly without the \.  ??

ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2017\Backups|IS_Dynlist_S.log
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2017\Backups|IS_Dynlist.log
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2017\Backups|IS_Dynlist_Age.log
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%AppData%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys|settings.sol
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Program Files\Amazon\MP3 Downloader\Translations\|en_US.xml
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\AudioConverter Studio|English.lng
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramData%\CanonIJFAX\Canon MX920 series FAX\LanguageModules\0409|CNCARBL.DLL
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro *\Python Libraries\tcl\tk*\msgs|en.msg
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro *\Welcome\pages\start|en.html
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Corel\Corel PaintShop Pro *\Welcome\static\ipp\data\offline|offlinedata-en.js
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\DisplayFusion\Languages|en-us.lang
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\DisplayFusion\Languages|en.lang
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Internet Download Manager\Languages|template.lng
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Internet Download Manager\Languages|template_inst.lng
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools X\Languages|English.lng
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\jv16 PowerTools 2017\Languages|English.lng
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Languages|english.lng
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Languages|lang_en.qm
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Malwarebytes\Anti-Malware\Languages|lang_en_US.qm
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\MediaInfo\Plugin\Language\|en.csv
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%AppData%\MediaInfo\Plugin\Language\|en.csv
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Mp3Tag\lang\|English.lng
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Mp3Tag\lang\icons\|English.ico
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\MSI Afterburner\SDK\Localization\Installer|Afterburner.lic
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\MSI Afterburner\SDK\Localization\Installer|Afterburner.nsh
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Rainmeter\Languages\|1033.dll
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\TechSmith\Snagit *\dictionaries|en-us.aff
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\TechSmith\Snagit *\dictionaries|en-us.dic
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Speccy\Lang|lang-9999.dll
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Sticky Password\Language|stpass.ENU.lng
ExcludeKey5=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Sticky Password\Language|stpass.ntv.lng
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\AnvSoft\Syncios Data Transfer\pdt_lang_v2|lang_en.ini
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\AnvSoft\Syncios Data Transfer\pdt_lang_v2|language_lookup.ini
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nv3d.chm
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nv3deng.chm
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvcpl.chm
ExcludeKey4=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvcpleng.chm
ExcludeKey5=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvdsp.chm
ExcludeKey6=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvdspeng.chm
ExcludeKey7=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvlic.chm
ExcludeKey8=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvlicENG.chm
ExcludeKey9=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvmob.chm
ExcludeKey10=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvmobeng.chm
ExcludeKey11=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvst3.chm
ExcludeKey12=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvwks.chm
ExcludeKey13=FILE|%Windir%\Help\nvcpl|nvwksENG.chm

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

• Moderators

All of the ExcludeKey's I have in my winapp2.ini for things I've personally put into it contain: \|
Even for stuff located in D:\PortableApps which has to be written exactly as that in winapp2.ini with no environment variable used, otherwise they don't seem to work.

From reading the ExcludeKey use page below, it appears that CCleaner uses \| consistently on ExcludeKey except for REG.

https://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-exclude-items-from-ccleaners-cleaning

Perhaps we should enforce \| for ExcludeKey to ensure that they work consistently, eh?  :blink:

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

1 minute ago, siliconman01 said:

From reading the ExcludeKey use page below, it appears that CCleaner uses \| consistently on ExcludeKey except for REG.

https://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-exclude-items-from-ccleaners-cleaning

Perhaps we should enforce \| for ExcludeKey to ensure that they work consistently, eh?  :blink:

Agreed, at least until this is fixed by CCleaner. We will work on trying to restore them all.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

8 minutes ago, Winapp2.ini said:

that doesn't sound like a difficult change to make to the debugger now that the infrastructure for alphabetization and numbering checks is. I'll work on expanding their reach to the exclude keys soon

Thanks much Winapp2.ini and ROCKNROLL!;)

23 hours ago, Winapp2.ini said:

I believe back_track is referring to the alphabetization of the entries in the CCleaner application pane, where it prioritizes entries with spaces over those without. (eg. Origin* comes after Origin Installers*, but based on the bottom set of entries, I imagine that Origin * would precede Origin Installers* ). Changing entry names however restores their disabled state because CCleaner does not detect that an entry's name has been changed and instead detects it as a new entry, requiring the end user to reconfigure their settings after any name changes (via the UI or via ccleaner.ini)

Doesn't constantly changing names also bloat the ccleaner.ini file over time, as all the old names and their setting will be saved in the ccleaner.ini, even if the entry is no longer present in winapp2?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JDPower said:

Doesn't constantly changing names also bloat the ccleaner.ini file over time, as all the old names and their setting will be saved in the ccleaner.ini, even if the entry is no longer present in winapp2?

Yes this is correct

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

It does, and I imagine that's the intended behavior for CCleaner to preserve the state of entries even when they're not detected.

I re-wrote WinappDebug to be a little more comprehendible, this update includes pipe symbol (enforces a preceeding backslash) tracking for FILE exclude keys, and alphabetization & numbering tracking for excludekeys, detects, and detectfiles in general. Let me know if anything seems amiss.

14 hours ago, siliconman01 said:

We discussed that just a month ago. :) That's why I revised all the ExcludeKeys and added the \|.

(Post, Post)

20 hours ago, Andavari said:

That's why I manually clean ccleaner.ini periodically. Remove renamed entries, and remove things I no longer have a need for.

Be handy if someone with a bit of scripting knowledge could create a script that alphabetised ccleaner.ini so all the app entries were together

Latest WinappDebug.exe ("Make sure Detect and RegKey entries point to the registry") appears to be working quite well.   

22 hours ago, APMichael said:

We discussed that just a month ago. :) That's why I revised all the ExcludeKeys and added the \|.

(Post, Post)

Yep.... guess my brain plaque is worse than I figured it is.  :wacko:

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JDPower said:

Be handy if someone with a bit of scripting knowledge could create a script that alphabetised ccleaner.ini so all the app entries were together

Absolutely, been wanting that literally for years. Then again the developers could help tremendously by categorizing it so things don't just end up anywhere inside of ccleaner.ini, such as:

[Options]
[App Cleaners]
[User Excludes]
[User Includes]

New Entry

[Extensions Databases*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Chromium
Detect2=HKCU\Software\SuperBird
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect4=HKCU\Software\Vivaldi
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chrome Plus\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Flock\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Rockmelt\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\SRWare Iron\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\UUser Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Torch\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\User Data\*\IndexedDB|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entry

[Extensions State*], [Session Storage*] and [Extensions Databases*] remove *LOG.*;Log;*.log files.
We can use [Logs*] entry to remove .old and debug.log files.

[Logs*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Chromium
Detect2=HKCU\Software\SuperBird
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect4=HKCU\Software\Vivaldi
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\Application|debug.log
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\User Data\*\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chrome Plus\Application|debug.log
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Chrome Plus\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\Application|debug.log
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Flock\Application|debug.log
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Flock\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\Application|debug.log
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome Cleanup Tool|*.log
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Rockmelt\Application|debug.log
FileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Rockmelt\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey14=%LocalAppData%\SRWare Iron\Application|debug.log
FileKey15=%LocalAppData%\SRWare Iron\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey16=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\Application|debug.log
FileKey17=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey18=%LocalAppData%\Torch\Application|debug.log
FileKey19=%LocalAppData%\Torch\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE
FileKey20=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\Application|debug.log
FileKey21=%LocalAppData%\Vivaldi\User Data\*|*.old|RECURSE

Modified entry:  Change the [Print Spooler service Log*] to [Print Spooler Service Log*] for appearance consistency.

18 hours ago, JDPower said:

9 hours ago, Andavari said:

Absolutely, been wanting that literally for years. Then again the developers could help tremendously by categorizing it so things don't just end up anywhere inside of ccleaner.ini, such as:

[Options]
[App Cleaners]
[User Excludes]
[User Includes]

I created a tool for this, you can find it here If you run it in the CCleaner Program Files directory on Windows 10, you must run it as an administrator. It will prune invalid winapp2.ini entries from the file if handed a winapp2.ini file. Use with caution, it only detects entries marked with the winapp2.ini single asterisk for this operation, and will not remove dead winapp.ini entries (of which I wouldn't imagine there are many)

I recommend that we change the name [Office More*] to [MS Office More*] to clearly specify that it is Microsoft Office that is being cleaned.  There are several other office suites such as WPS Office (see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_office_suites ).  I recognize that CCleaner uses only [Office 2016] but that does not make it very clear either.