Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

And that's my biggest gripe about CCleaner, and the only reason I continue to use BleachBit alongside it. BleachBit can remove locked files after restarting the computer and after all these years CCleaner really should have that ability.

This is a must-have option. Let's ask the developers once again.

This is a must-have option. Let's ask the developers once again.

You should also try to get them to implement a auto update and trim for Winapp2, just like all the others have, so users don't have to keep manually doing it over and over again.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

• Moderators

You should also try to get them to implement a auto update and trim for Winapp2, just like all the others have, so users don't have to keep manually doing it over and over
Why would they do that, the file here is a template and trim is a batch file made by a member. Remember they don't actually endorse using the TEMPLATE as a whole file but for finding entries you want and make your own ini. TRIM batch makes that easier, yes, but it's not an official thing.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Modified Entry:  [Recent Items More*]

Removed Warning message and removed FileKey1 to prevent removing user added/pinned items to the Quick Access of Windows 10 File Explorer.

[Recent Items More*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectFile=%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Microsoft\windows\recent\customdestinations|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Modified Entry:  [AutoPlay Devices*]

Added DetectOS=|6.2   The RegKey1 entry does not appear to exist in the Windows 10 registry.  At least it doesn't on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems.  There is a Settings>Devices>Autoplay setting provided in Windows 10.

Edited on 27-Feb:  Changed DetectOS=|6.1 to DetectOS=|6.2

[AutoPlay Devices*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectOS=|6.2
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Warning=This will clear out devices and drives from AutoPlay that you've connected to your computer.
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\KnownDevices

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I think this either needs to be modified so it doesn't keep resetting the action center back to default or needs to be removed, as I don't see why one would set the action center then have it reset by Winapp2?

[Action Center*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
Warning=This will reset your Action Center notifications back to default.
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\ActionCenterCache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Checks
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Providers\EventLog
RegKey3=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Checks
RegKey4=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Providers\EventLog

Modified Entry:  [AutoPlay Devices*]

Added DetectOS=|6.1   The RegKey1 entry does not appear to exist in the Windows 10 registry.  At least it doesn't on my Windows 10x64 Pro systems.  There is a Settings>Devices>Autoplay setting provided in Windows 10.

[AutoPlay Devices*]
LangSecRef=3025
DetectOS=|6.1
Warning=This will clear out devices and drives from AutoPlay that you've connected to your computer.
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\AutoplayHandlers\KnownDevices

It does exist on a Windows 64-bit system. Uncheck this entry in CCleaner, connect some flash drives a few times and check it after that.

I think this either needs to be modified so it doesn't keep resetting the action center back to default or needs to be removed, as I don't see why one would set the action center then have it reset by Winapp2?

[Action Center*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

Warning=This will reset your Action Center notifications back to default.

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Checks

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Providers\EventLog

RegKey3=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Checks

RegKey4=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Providers\EventLog

To resolve the issue, remove RegKey1 and RegKey3 from the entry. RegKey1 for Windows 7 and Vista. RegKey3 for Windows 10.

It does exist on a Windows 64-bit system. Uncheck this entry in CCleaner, connect some flash drives a few times and check it after that.

I tested and examined the registry on three different Windows 10x64 Pro systems after connecting and disconnecting 3 Sandisk Extreme Flash Drives, 1 WD Passport drive, and 1 Samsung T3 SSD.  The "KnownDevices" registry key was non-existent on all of these systems.  I know that AutoPlay was on because it opened File Explorer to show the device contents on all the USB 3.0 devices.  This is with Build 14393.693 and Insider Build 15042 of Windows 10x64 Pro.

Modified Entry:  [Action Center*]

Removed RegKey1 and RegKey3  and removed Warning Message to stop resetting user settings for the Action Center

[Action Center*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Action Center\Providers\EventLog
RegKey2=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Security and Maintenance\Providers\EventLog

I would like to propose that we stop adding items that reset user settings and other things such as window sizes, etc. back to DEFAULT.  

There is not anything much more frustrating than having to track down why settings will not stay set or windows that are sized to my preference will not stay set as I want them.  In my opinion this is not the function of CCleaner.  It is a junk/trash cleanup tool, not a utility to manage settings on user systems.  

Again, JMO  :blink:  But then again, it is a strongly felt opinion about this  :ph34r:

And if the group accepts this "restriction", then please remove the following items from Winapp2.ini

[MS Management Console More*]

[stored Explorer View Settings*]

There is a entire in Winapp2 that keeps resetting my Quick Access back to default, but I have not been able to track down which entry is doing it. If anyone could find, I would appreciate if we can modify/remove that one, too.

Also, I agree with siliconman01. No need to keep those kind of entries in here.

There is a entire in Winapp2 that keeps resetting my Quick Access back to default, but I have not been able to track down which entry is doing it. If anyone could find, I would appreciate if we can modify/remove that one, too.

See this post on [Recent Items More*]

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=280886

ignore my previous request

no need to re-add [Favicons*] and [Adobe Flash Player Settings*] into non-ccleaner file

i just add these two to my own custom ini

Please change:

[3GP Video Converter*]
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\ImTOO\3GP Video Converter\Settings|OuputDir
to
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\ImTOO\3GP Video Converter\Settings|OutputDir

[AccurateRip Cache*]
Detect1=HKCU\Software\AWSoftware\EAC
to
Detect1=HKCU\Software\AWSoftware\EACU

[Adobe Reader XI*]
to
[Adobe Reader 11.0*]   (same name as in winapp.ini)

[Comodo*]
to
[Comodo Internet Security*]

[Dr. Watson*]
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Dr Watson|*.log
to
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Dr Watson|*.log;*.dmp
    (see http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kbase/WindowsTips/Windows2000/RegistryTips/RegistryTools/DrWatson.html )

[GetRight*]
LangSecRef=3024
to
LangSecRef=3022   (= Internet, same number as in winapp.ini)

[GetRightToGo*]
LangSecRef=3021
to
LangSecRef=3022   (= Internet)

[internet Explorer*]   (only the second section with LangSecRef=3031)
to
[internet Explorer App*]

[Miranda IM Cache*]
FileKey1=%AppData%\Miranda\Profiles|*.*|REMOVESELF
to
FileKey1=%AppData%\Miranda IM\Profiles|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Miranda IM Chat Log*]
FileKey1=%AppData%\Miranda\Profiles\*\Logs\Chat|*.*|REMOVESELF
to
FileKey1=%AppData%\Miranda IM\Profiles\*\Logs\Chat|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Miranda IM Log*]
FileKey1=%AppData%\Miranda\Profiles\*\Logs\Chat|*.*|RECURSE
to
FileKey1=%AppData%\Miranda IM\Profiles\*\Logs\Chat|*.*|RECURSE

[MP3Gain*]
LangSecRef=3024
to
LangSecRef=3023   ( = Multimedia)

[Mp3tag*]
LangSecRef=3024
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log
to
LangSecRef=3023   ( = Multimedia)
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log;Mp3tagSettings.zip

• Moderators

Hard to tell because he'd need to know which version .ini he had previously and then run a dif between the two versions, just to narrow it down in suspects (though I'll bet it's actually caused by the registry clean)

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

Please change:

[Comodo*]

to

[Comodo Internet Security*]

[internet Explorer*]   (only the second section with LangSecRef=3031)

to

[internet Explorer App*]

I don't understand the need for these 2. The Comodo entry cleans all Comodo products (internet security, anti-virus, firewall, etc) and Internet Explorer is a web browser, not a app?

The others look good, unless anyone else rejects?

[Mp3tag*]
LangSecRef=3023
Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log

You now can install Mp3Tag as a portable version.

If you do so, the file "Mp3tagError.log" (and all others files normaly stored in "%AppData%\Mp3tag")

are stored in the installation directory of Mp3Tag; and then there is no registry entry.

How can one then delete the "Mp3tagError.log" file?

• Moderators

. How can one then delete the "Mp3tagError.log" file?
You'd have to make sure your portable drive always has the same drive letterThen edit the ini to point to the log file as it exists on your drive

You'd have to make sure your portable drive always has the same drive letter Then edit the ini to point to the log file as it exists on your drive

So, i use

FileKey1=x:\Portable\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log

and delete the line

Detect=HKLM\Software\Florian Heidenreich\Mp3tag

because there is NO "HKLM..."  Mp3Tag:

[Mp3tag Portable on X:*]

LangSecRef=3023

Default=False

FileKey1=x:\Portable\Mp3tag|Mp3tagError.log