Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

previous name for this entry were using "Windows" but based on suggestion, the "Windows" were removed so that the result page will show [Windows - Error Reporting More*] instead of [Windows - Windows Error Reporting More*]

and usually entries that complement default cc's cleaning rule will have "more" so i think we don't need to change the name

I agree, but there are some entries that have "Windows" in it. There is no CCleaner default rule for this. They have an entry with the name "Memory Dump".

EDIT

You're right, there is a built-in rule for this. I'm sorry. I think we should keep the same name.

• Moderators

New:

[Zemana AntiMalware (Reports)*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Zemana\AntiMalware
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Zemana\AntiMalware
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Zemana\Zemana AntiMalware\reports|*.txt

I agree, but there are some entries that have "Windows" in it. There is no CCleaner default rule for this. They have an entry with the name "Memory Dump".

under system, Windows Error Reporting

the dump location are used by WER

as for entries that have "Windows" in it, some entries should have "Windows" to avoid confusion and it's up to the @ROCKNROLL whether to follow that naming scheme or not

under system, Windows Error Reporting

the dump location are used by WER

as for entries that have "Windows" in it, some entries should have "Windows" to avoid confusion and it's up to the @ROCKNROLL whether to follow that naming scheme or not

I agree. I think "Windows" can be removed from [Windows Error Reporting More*], [Windows Installer Temps*], [Windows Memory Leak Detection*], [Windows System Profile*] and [Windows Tracing*].

Updated: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/b0a91971be469b26030d37c375e5bdeeb6a81066

I will keep the current version scheme then.

As for the Memory Dumps rule, that is only for the non-CCleaner version of Winapp2. Years ago, there was a cleaner for Winapp2 for cleaning memory dumps, until it was added to CCleaner. That is why it is in the Removed entries file.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Revised Entry

Changed name from [Windows Backup*] to [Windows Backup Logs*] and corrected the Detect.

[Windows Backup Logs*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\Logs\WindowsBackup|*.etl

[AIMP 4*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\AIMP\AIMP.exe
Default=False
Warning=This will delete AIMP's auto profile and program backup. Make sure your AIMP running properly before using this entry
FileKey1=%AppData%\AIMP|*.bak
Filekey2=%ProgramFiles%\AIMP\!Backup|*.*|REMOVESELF
- add FK2 - delete auto backup of profile and program

[PnaclTranslation Cache*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome\User Data\PnaclTranslationCache|*.*

[Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional\*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional\*\Reports|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional|ndefrg.log
- fix filekey3

is there any reason why we should delete PendingFileRenameOperations@RK1? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960241.aspx
i noticed the problem with this entry using WhyReboot software after updating 7-zip where older context menu dll file doesn't get replaced with the newer dll
i think we need to remove RK1 and rename to [AppCompactCache*]

[session Manager*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\AppCompat\Programs|*.txt;*.xml
FileKey2=%WinDir%\AppCompat\Programs\Install|*.txt;*.xml
RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations
RegKey2=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|AppCompatCache
RegKey3=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|CacheMainSdb
RegKey4=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|SdbTime

is there any reason why we should delete PendingFileRenameOperations@RK1? https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960241.aspx

i noticed the problem with this entry using WhyReboot software after updating 7-zip where older context menu dll file doesn't get replaced with the newer dll

i think we need to remove RK1 and rename to [AppCompactCache*]

[session Manager*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations

RegKey2=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|AppCompatCache

RegKey3=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|CacheMainSdb

RegKey4=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|SdbTime

This could contain information about programs that were once on the system and now are not. There are two other known privacy eraser programs that have included this into their programs. My suggestion is, open some portable apps then remove it from the system completely, and purge from the Recycle bin. Then, uninstall a few programs from the system and then view the "AppCompatCache" value and you will see for yourself.

This could contain information about programs that were once on the system and now are not. There are two other known privacy eraser programs that have included this into their programs. My suggestion is, open some portable apps then remove it from the system completely, and purge from the Recycle bin. Then, uninstall a few programs from the system and then view the "AppCompatCache" value and you will see for yourself.

AppCompatCache work like Perfetch, i know that after i google-d it but what about RegKeg1?

deleting PendingFileRenameOperations will create problem like i've mentioned above

AppCompatCache work like Perfetch, i know that after i google-d it but what about RegKeg1?

deleting PendingFileRenameOperations will create problem like i've mentioned above

I agree with you. RegKey1 should be excluded.

Distributed [Windows System Profile*] into separate entries. So please add these and remove [Windows System Profile*].

[systemprofile Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3022
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

[systemprofile History*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

[systemprofile Temporary Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Local Settings\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Temp|*.*|RECURSE

[systemprofile Temporary Internet Files*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entry

Changed |REMOVESELF with |RECURSE

[NetworkService Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

Revised Entry

Removed: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations

[session Manager*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|AppCompatCache
RegKey2=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|CacheMainSdb
RegKey3=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|SdbTime

Revised Entry

Removed: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager|PendingFileRenameOperations

[session Manager*]

LangSecRef=3025

Default=False

RegKey1=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|AppCompatCache

RegKey2=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|CacheMainSdb

RegKey3=HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\AppCompatCache|SdbTime

why not change the name to AppCompactCache* ?

i think it is better to use that name rather than Session Manager

What is this entry about and why is it in the Windows Store Apps section?

I think it should be removed.

[Windows Retail Demo*]
DetectOS=10.0|
Section=3031
Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\RetailDemo|*.*|REMOVESELF

[Windows Retail Demo*]

DetectOS=10.0|

Section=3031

Default=False

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/issues/20

https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/pull/21

[Windows Retail Demo*]

DetectOS=10.0|

Section=3031

Default=False

This is from Windows 10 Insider Builds.  I would not remove it.

https://www.neowin.net/news/windows-10-has-a-secret-retail-demo-mode-with-a-new-app-and-video-loop

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Revised Entry

Changed name from [NetworkService Temps*] to [NetworkService Temporary Files*] same like [LocalService Temporary Files*] and [systemprofile Temporary Files*].

[NetworkService Temporary Files*]
LangSecRef=3025
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\Temp|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp|*.*|RECURSE

Do we really need the entries listed below. I cannot find those locations on Window 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. I checked a few other known privacy eraser programs and they don't have cleaning rules for the locations listed below.

[LocalService Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF

[LocalService History*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

[LocalService Temporary Internet Files*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Temp\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

[NetworkService History*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

[NetworkService Temporary Internet Files*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Content.IE5|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\Content.IE5|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Content.IE5|*.*|RECURSE

[systemprofile Cookies*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

[systemprofile History*]
LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3022
Default=False
FileKey1=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

Do we really need the entries listed below. I cannot find those locations on Window 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. I checked a few other known privacy eraser programs and they don't have cleaning rules for the locations listed below.

[LocalService Cookies*]

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Cookies|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey4=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies|*.*|REMOVESELF

[LocalService History*]

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService.NT*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\History|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History|*.*|RECURSE

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

FileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Content.IE5|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\Content.IE5|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey4=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService.NT*\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey6=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Content.IE5|*.*|RECURSE

[systemprofile Cookies*]

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

[systemprofile History*]

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

LangSecRef=3022

Default=False

I have some of the locations on my Win10 system. My guess could be these are some old entries during 2000/XP times, as I see Content.IE5, which makes me think of Internet Explorer 5.

I think we should change Detect to DetectFile=CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\RetailDemo and DetectOS=10.0| can be removed.

[Windows Retail Demo*]
DetectOS=10.0|
Section=3025
Default=False

I have some of the locations on my Win10 system. My guess could be these are some old entries during 2000/XP times, as I see Content.IE5, which makes me think of Internet Explorer 5.

Same here, all of these exist on my Win7 laptop:

[LocalService Cookies*]

[systemprofile Cookies*]

[systemprofile History*]

Becoming a regular occurrence in this thread - "This doesn't exist on MY system so should be removed from winapp2". Not that it bothers me as I hardly bother with the main file since the GitHub move, makes it a PITA to copy new entries.