Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I guess I'm confused on "removed entries" is someone keeping a log of removed entries? My initial understanding of the move to git is that removed entries are easily seen (red minuses) Edit Ohhhhh There's a separate ini for removed entries....but why? :lol: usually, removed are done because either integration with ccleaner default or dangerous to use

Book keeping, among some other uses for winapp2.ini that aren't kosher for this forum.

Book keeping, among some other uses for winapp2.ini that aren't kosher for this forum.

Do you mean good uses for WinApp2.ini for the other cleaners that the file uses?  Or entries that are too dangerous for the general public?

Do you mean good uses for WinApp2.ini for the other cleaners that the file uses?  Or entries that are too dangerous for the general public?

I don't think we're maintaining a 'dangerous entry' ini. I used to quite a long time ago, but it got almost no traffic so I stopped.

I don't think we're maintaining a 'dangerous entry' ini. I used to quite a long time ago, but it got almost no traffic so I stopped.

A user once tried bringing this back to the Winapp2 GitHub page, but we all agreed not to use it as it was "unofficial".

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

Analysis Complete - (0.473 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.92 KB to be removed. (Approximate size)

Secure file deletion enabled - Simple Overwrite (1 pass)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Details of files to be deleted (Note: No files have been deleted yet)

Utilities - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware    1 KB    1 files    

Utilities - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware*    1 KB    1 files    

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\protection-log-2016-11-27.xml    1 KB

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs\protection-log-2016-11-27.xml    1 KB

The two utilities seem to be duplicated....

Keep in mind that the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware cleaner code that is part of winapp.ini removes all files that have been quarantined by MBAM.  This could be hazardous if MBAM quarantined a false positive and then you run CCleaner...you would lose the quarantined file and could not restore the false positive file.  Particularly hazardous if you have MBAM to automatically quarantine files.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

New Entry:  [Ashampoo Burning Studio 18*]

[Ashampoo Burning Studio 18*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\log|*.xml;*.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Audio Disc Project\SaveDialog_CPlaylistDlgEx|InitialDirectory
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Backup Project\BackupOptions|CustomLocation
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\BDMV Disc Project\SelectBDMVFolder|BdmvPath
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Browse Image Project\BrowseImageFile|ImagePath
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Browse Image Project\SaveDialog_SelectImageBrowse|InitialDirectory
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Burn Image Project\SaveDialog_SelectImageBrowse|InitialDirectory
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Burn Image Project\SelectImage|ImagePath
RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Data Disc Project\SaveDialog_AddFilesAndDirs|InitialDirectory
RegKey9=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Data Disc Project\DumpImage|ImagePath
RegKey10=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\DVD-Video Disc Project\MoviesPage|Path
RegKey11=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\DVD-Video Disc Project\SaveDialog_authed.CMoviesPage.Movies|InitialDirectory
RegKey12=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Logs
RegKey13=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\tempFiles
RegKey14=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\Unknown Project
RegKey15=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\VCD Project\SaveDialog_OnAddMovies|InitialDirectory
RegKey16=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\VIDEO_TS Disc Project\DumpImage|ImagePath
RegKey17=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 18\VIDEO_TS Disc Project\SelectVideoTSFolder|VideoTSPath

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Dunno if this is a bug with the winapp2 entry, or showing up a bug with CC, or just a quirk of my computer, but part of the "Internet Explorer More" entry keeps showing webcache folder cleaned, then when you run CC again, it shows it cleaning the exact same files again (same file sizes), even though it's supposedly just deleted them, and even though the folder it's cleaning is actually empty. So EVERY time I run CC I get the below result for the entry, even though there's nothing there :huh: 

Uj9Mjri.jpg

• Moderators

V01.log and WebCacheV01.dat are always locked by a svchost.exe process.

the others can be deleted but get re-created, definitely at each boot, maybe sooner.

all part of the brave new IE/Edge/Win10 new world I think.

are you Windows 10?

(apologies if none of that was news, may help others though)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

V01.log and WebCacheV01.dat are always locked by a svchost.exe process.

the others can be deleted but get re-created, definitely at each boot, maybe sooner.

all part of the brave new IE/Edge/Win10 new world I think.

are you Windows 10?

(apologies if none of that was news, may help others though)

They're not even there, the folder is empty, yet CCleaner is claiming to clean them (analyze shows nothing, cleaning repeatedly shows them in the results of what's just been cleaned). And just to pre-empt, yes, I have hidden and system files visible.

And no, not Win10, am on Win7 and it's IE11

Modified Entry: [samsung Magician Logs*]

Added FileKey5 for Samsung Magician V5.0

[Samsung Magician Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Samsung Magician
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Samsung Magician
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Log|*.*

Why isn't the version number updated within the file?

The one I am currently using shows:

; Version: v5.21.160816
; Application Cleaning file
;
; Notes
; # of entries: 2,570

The one currently posted shows:

;
; Notes
; # of entries: 2,577
25qd6wl.jpg

Modified Entry: [samsung Magician Logs*]

Added FileKey5 for Samsung Magician V5.0

[Samsung Magician Logs*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Samsung Magician
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Samsung Magician
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician|*.log;*.txt|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Logs|*.*
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Samsung\Samsung Magician\Log|*.*

Please don't forget this entry for Winapp2.ini

New Entry:  [Malwarebytes V3 Logs*]

-  Malwarebytes Version 3 combines and replaces Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Anti-Exploit, and Anti-Ransomware.  

[Malwarebytes V3 Logs*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Malwarebytes
Default=False
Warning=You must manually and temporarily turn off Malwarebytes "self-protection" to remove the logs.
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService|*.log;*.bak
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Malwarebytes\MBAMService\logs|*.*

Updated: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/856ea0a45d587e6c433d98965fa413a2c6fbbd3b

Probably better to keep the old entries for awhile longer, because I heard v3 was pretty buggy, so people might stick with the old versions until v3 is more stable.

Updated: https://github.com/MoscaDotTo/Winapp2/commit/856ea0a45d587e6c433d98965fa413a2c6fbbd3b

Probably better to keep the old entries for awhile longer, because I heard v3 was pretty buggy, so people might stick with the old versions until v3 is more stable.

Yep!  It will be awhile before V3 is fully functional.  Was surprised that it got released so quickly during the beta testing cycle.

Version number has not been updated

I usually leave that up to Robert, as I don't know what the proper version number is, as a rarely use CCleaner.

I usually leave that up to Robert, as I don't know what the proper version number is, as a rarely use CCleaner.

By looking at the version number in the file Version: v5.21.160816 that tells me it's for Ccleaner v5.21 and file release date of August 16, 2016

We are currently on v5.24.5839 and you updated the INI file on December 09,2016, so I would venture to say that internal version number should be v5.24.161209

So I would suggest you also make that change when updating the final INI file to be downloaded so there is a way for the users to keep track of which file they have.

25qd6wl.jpg

Awesome

One more thing I forgot to mention and I do not know how he gets that figure.  Just below the version number, there is this:

; Notes
; # of entries: 2,579

Unless he can tell us, my suggestion would be to eliminate that count until a correct number of entries count can be placed within the file

25qd6wl.jpg