Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators
A quick question I have, whats the difference if any, between downloading winapp2 file and running the .bat file to trim it manually vs using [Voldemort]?

I gave [Voldemort] a try for the first time yesterday and it produced a winapp2.ini 54KB's in size vs the one I trim manually with the .bat file that was 71KB's in size. From what I could tell at a glance while running CCleaner, everything was there.

As I stated in the post above yours, it is not possible to discuss the existence of ccleaner enhancing software on this forum. I've removed your reference with the accepted name however I will have to forbid this question from being answered or discussed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Yes, and I will most likely install the paid version when it is released.  However, I still do not see how this negates my recommended change at post #5238.  There are a lot of programs that have a free and paid version and have the same cleaner in Winapp2.ini.  ??

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Yes, and I will most likely install the paid version when it is released.  However, I still do not see how this negates my recommended change at post #5238.  There are a lot of programs that have a free and paid version and have the same cleaner in Winapp2.ini.  ??

I don't support that. Like in this case, both programs are different so that's why there should be separate entries.

Revised Entry

Please use this one instead of the one I posted above.

Included history.xml into
%CommonAppData%\Avg\log\AV16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
%LocalAppData%\Avg\log\av16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\log\av16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\log\av16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock

Added:
%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF
%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

[AVG Protection*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\AV
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\AVG\Av|updatecomps.bak;*.old
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Avg\AV\Antispam|*.tmp;*.tmp1;*.tmp2;*.gz
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Avg\AV\SetupBackup|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Avg\log\AV16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\Avg\log\fmw1|*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey6=%CommonAppData%\MFAData\logs|*.*
FileKey7=%CommonAppData%\MFAData\pack|*.*
FileKey8=%CommonAppData%\MFAData|msistorg.dat.bkp;public_installation_log.xml
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Avg\log\av16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Avg\log\fmw1|*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\MFAData\logs|*.*
FileKey13=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\av16\temp|*.*
FileKey14=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\log\av16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey15=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\log\fmw1|*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey16=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey17=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\av16\temp|*.*
FileKey18=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\log\av16|history.xml;*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey19=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Avg\log\fmw1|*.log;*.log.*;*.log.lock
FileKey20=%WinDir%\SysWOW64\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\AvgSetupLog|*.*|REMOVESELF

New Entry

[Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional\*\Logs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\Disk Defrag Professional\*\Reports|*.*|RECURSE

New Entry

[Auslogics Registry Cleaner 5*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\Software\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X
Detect2=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X
Default=False
Warning=This will remove your backups, and you will be unable to undo any changes you made with Auslogics Registry Cleaner.
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Rescue\Auslogics Registry Cleaner|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Rescue\Auslogics Registry Cleaner|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKLM\Software\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFailed
RegKey2=HKLM\Software\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFound
RegKey3=HKLM\Software\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemoved
RegKey4=HKLM\Software\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemovedTotal
RegKey5=HKLM\Software\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.LastScan
RegKey6=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFailed
RegKey7=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsFound
RegKey8=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemoved
RegKey9=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.ErrorsRemovedTotal
RegKey10=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Auslogics\Registry Cleaner\5.X\Settings|RegCleaner.AppLogic.LastScan

I remember the discussion we had before on this entry. Since we have not removed any other registry cleaner entries from Winapp2.ini, we should add this entry.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&page=253&do=findComment&comment=264474

Revised Entry

Added *.txt into FileKey1 and FileKey2

[PerfectDisk More*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Raxco\PerfectDisk
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Raxco\PerfectDisk\*|*.log;*.txt
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\Raxco\PerfectDisk\*|*.log;*.txt

Revised Entry

Changed the Detect

[Auslogics Disk Defrag*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect1=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Auslogics\DiskDefrag
Detect2=HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Auslogics\DiskDefrag
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\DiskDefrag\*\Logs|*.*|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Auslogics\DiskDefrag\*\Reports|*.*|*.*|RECURSE

I remember the discussion we had before on this entry. Since we have not removed any other registry cleaner entries from Winapp2.ini, we should add this entry.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&page=253&do=findComment&comment=264474

And it still won't, and shouldn't, be added, no matter how many times you post it.

And it still won't, and shouldn't, be added, no matter how many times you post it.

I just wanted your lives to be easier. That program leaves lots of traces that are harder to delete manually.

Read what you said before http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=264484

My response http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=264572

How about this @siliconman01?

New Entry

[Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016\log|*.xml;*.txt
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016\Data Disc Project\SaveDialog_AddFilesAndDirs|InitialDirectory
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016\tempFiles

[starCraft II Logs*]
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*
FileKey2=%Public%\games\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*
FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*
FileKey4=%Documents%\StarCraft II\GameLogs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*
FileKey6=%Documents%\StarCraft II\UserLogs|*.*|RECURSE

The detect on this entry, the registry key it is pointing to, does not exist on my system, however I am still getting log files that the FileKeys are pointing to. Was the registry key changed in a StarCraft 2 update? Can anyone else confirm this?

I am on a Windows 10 64-bit and I also play StarCraft in 64-bit (since you can play it in either 32-bit or 64-bit).

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

I just wanted your lives to be easier. That program leaves lots of traces that are harder to delete manually.

Read what you said before http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=264484

My response http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&p=264572

I was involved in that discussion, I know what was said. But the ethos of CCleaner right from day one was to be a SAFE cleaner, and not deleting registry backups has always fallen into that category. The solution to the entries that shouldn't be there is to remove/edit them, not add more.

• Moderators

The solution to the entries that shouldn't be there is to remove/edit them, not add more.
And (as I believe I stated before) the only way to change/remove them is for community members to point out the entries which overstep this guideline, so @Winapp2.ini can cull them.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

And (as I believe I stated before) the only way to change/remove them is for community members to point out the entries which overstep this guideline, so @Winapp2.ini can cull them.

I was referring to them being changed/removed by members, not winapp2 himself, he already does more than enough!

How about this @siliconman01?

New Entry

[Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016

Default=False

FileKey1=%AppData%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016\log|*.xml;*.txt

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016\Data Disc Project\SaveDialog_AddFilesAndDirs|InitialDirectory

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Burning Studio 2016\tempFiles

This is okay by me if it is not desirable to combine and use the one I submitted.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I don't understand this logic. If Auslogic Registry Cleaner is dangerous because it removes backup files made by that program, then all of the programs in the post listed below do the same.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&page=253&do=findComment&comment=264572

I don't understand this logic. If Auslogic Registry Cleaner is dangerous because it removes backup files made by that program, then all of the programs in the post listed below do the same.

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&page=253&do=findComment&comment=264572

Correct, they should not be there, but until a member edits and submits (or suggests complete removal) of those entries they will remain. It's not that hard to understand. This is a COMMUNITY built file, all @Winapp2.ini does is compile all the entries into the downloadable file for US (no small job in itself). He is not a developer, he does this in his own free time and can't be expected to go through them all himself.

• Moderators

I think there is some miscommunication here.

@SMalik is correct, he already listed the ones which need be removed the post he linked specifically called out many entries.

Here are some entries that remove registry cleaner/uninstall backups. In fact, all of the entries that remove backups should be removed. The entries that have a warning should also be removed.

Acebytes

Ace Utilities

AMUST Registry Cleaner Undo Data

Auslogics (All programs)

AVG PC TuneUp & TuneUp Utilities (Backups)

CleanMyPC Registry Cleaner

Eusing Free Registry Cleaner Backups

Glary Utilities (Backups)

IObit Advanced SystemCare (All)

jv16 PowerTools (All)

jv16 PowerTools Reg Compact Backups

NirSoft RegScanner Backups

Perfect Registry

RegClean Pro

RegCleaner 4.3

Registry Clean Expert

Registry First Aid (Backups)

Registry Mechanic

Reg Organizer (Backups)

Revo Uninstaller Backups

System Mechanic

SystemTuneUp

Total Uninstall Backups

Total Uninstall Free Backups

TweakNow PowerPack 2005

Uniblue Registry Booster 2(Backups)

Uniblue Registry Booster(Backups)

WinASO Registry Optimizer (Backups)

Either somebody can refute them (one-by-one) or they should be wholesale removed and let members resubmit entries without reg backup removal

I was referring to them being changed/removed by members, not winapp2 himself, he already does more than enough!

I of course meant for him to push the removals to the template, don't be stubborn for little reason. Edited by Nergal
tapatalk removes hard returns

[starCraft II Logs*]

Section=Games

Detect=HKCU\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\StarCraft II

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*

FileKey2=%Public%\games\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*

FileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*

FileKey4=%Documents%\StarCraft II\GameLogs|*.*|RECURSE

FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Starcraft II\Logs|*.*

FileKey6=%Documents%\StarCraft II\UserLogs|*.*|RECURSE

The detect on this entry, the registry key it is pointing to, does not exist on my system, however I am still getting log files that the FileKeys are pointing to. Was the registry key changed in a StarCraft 2 update? Can anyone else confirm this?

I am on a Windows 10 64-bit and I also play StarCraft in 64-bit (since you can play it in either 32-bit or 64-bit).

*Ahem*

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

I of course meant for him to push the removals to the template, don't be stubborn for little reason.

I wasn't being stubborn, was just clarifying that I was AGREEING with you to make sure there was no misunderstanding. Now my clarification of misunderstanding has been misunderstood. Not quite sure how you correct a misunderstood misunderstanding, that's like dividing by zero or something ain't it  :P