Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

surely any cleaning done via CC should not remove a user's personal data - at least without a warning.

@droyk, your Vivaldi mock-up has Bookmark Backups and FlashPlayer Settings being deleted.

that may tick off some Vivaldi users.

my theory with browser cleaning is after the clean it should be in the same state as if the browser was used in Private or Incognito Mode.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

surely any cleaning done via CC should not remove a user's personal data - at least without a warning.

@droyk, your Vivaldi mock-up has Bookmark Backups and FlashPlayer Settings being deleted.

that may tick off some Vivaldi users.

my theory with browser cleaning is after the clean it should be in the same state as if the browser was used in Private or Incognito Mode.

You are correct i should have  done that but that was the reason its not checked by default 

sometimes you just want too delete history,cookies and caches 

but sometimes you want too delete every single thing that includes personal data

i did this because Vivaldi still in beta state  

so that's the reason i want too add bookmarks backup and flash player settings to the ccleaner list  

and guys if you have some free time will you plz help me on enhancing my code a bit

So now what i want is Last download location ,Compact databases ,and saved passwords and little a Vivaldi icon

i really dont know how to get that icon there 

if u want an example see this pic ScreenShot_20151104190121.pngso plz help me on that 

if u guys don't help me i will get this working eventually but that will take time

so guys plz help me on this  

• Moderators

Does custom location chrome not work with vivaldi?

Sorry i don't know what your question meant ?

will you plz explain me 

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

Works willa custom Firefox, Chrome, opera and thunderbird

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Droyk when using ccleaner.ini it's easy to just type it in, of course you'd need to go into CCleaner's 'Options > Advanced' and then enable/tick 'Save all settings to INI file', then close CCleaner. Then look in the folder where CCleaner is installed and open ccleaner.ini to edit it.

You can then paste in where that Chrome-based browser profile is located (something like this but you'll have to edit in the actual path where your profile is located):

CustomLocation1=CHROME|C:\Path To Vivaldi\Profile

Edited by Andavari

Modified Entry:  [Windows Defender More*] 

Moved LangSecRef to Utilities  (3024)to coincide with CCleaner's [Windows Defender]

[Windows Defender More*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Defender
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Backup|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Network Inspection System\Support|*.txt
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans|*.bin;*.bin*
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service|*.log
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\Scans\History\CacheManager|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Modified Entry:  [Windows Defender More*] 

Moved LangSecRef to Utilities  (3024)to coincide with CCleaner's [Windows Defender]

[Windows Defender More*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows Defender
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Backup|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Network Inspection System\Support|*.txt
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans|*.bin;*.bin*
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service|*.log
FileKey5=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\Scans\History\CacheManager|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Support|*.*|RECURSE

I get your point i did the same thing when i want to clean Vivaldi and google chrome together but then i realize that i don't have to do this, i just don't want to do this, i want Vivaldi as a single application   

and then i rewrite-ted the whole code and maked Vivaldi a single application the whole process took me  20 minutes means i wasted my 10 minutes on rewriting the code but that's fine i only wasted my 20 minutes

So what i am trying to say is i don't have to make Vivaldi combined with any other application 

and i don't see any reason to do that 

but thanxx for your time

Tested [bing Weather*] with ExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\*\|container.dat

It seemed to fix the issues with app auto closing on launch, but Keeping Container.dat broke the map section.

Edit: Still crashes after rebooting. Tried expanding away from the Weather entry to exclude container.dat in [Feeds Cache*] and [internet Explorer*] with no luck

Edit2: experiment was a bust.

Edited by Coffee4Joe

Hi.  I have email notification for new replies.  This is how the message above appeared.  I am on Windows 7 x64 and email is gmail (website)

============== Begin paste

CSGalloway,

Coffee4Joe (http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showuser=57395) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled "Winapp2.ini additions".

------------------------------

----------------------------------------
Added ExcludeKey= to prevent container.dat from being deleted. It seems to fix the issues with app auto closing on launch.
[bing Weather*]LangSecRef=3031Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbweDetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbweDefault=FalseFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSEFileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSEFileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSEFileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\Content|*.*FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\CryptnetUrlCache\MetaData|*.*FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\DOMStore|*.*|RECURSEFileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\PRICache|*.*FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Temp|*.*FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\LocalState|*.tmpFileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\LocalState\Cache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\LocalState\navigationHistory|*.*|RECURSEFileKey14=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\TempState|*.*|RECURSERegKey1=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbwe\SearchHistoryExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\*\|container.datModified ExcludeKey1 with a wildcard to cover more container.dat's from being deleted.
[internet Explorer More*]LangSecRef=3022Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet ExplorerDefault=FalseFileKey1=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txtFileKey2=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\LocalService\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey3=%SystemDrive%\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|frameiconcache.dat;tabiconcache.datFileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.txt;brndlog.bakFileKey6=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\Last Active|*.*|RECURSEFileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SmartScreen|*.tmpFileKey8=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey10=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\IECompatUACache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey11=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey12=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey13=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache.old|*.*|REMOVESELFFileKey14=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\iconcache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey15=%LocalLowAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AppCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey16=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txtFileKey17=%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UserData|*.*|RECURSEFileKey18=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey19=%WinDir%\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\IETldCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey20=%WinDir%\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey21=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\AppData\LocalLow\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txtFileKey22=%WinDir%\System32\config\SystemProfile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer|brndlog.bak;brndlog.txtRegKey1=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CNum_CpCacheRegKey2=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International|CpCacheRegKey3=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\International\CpMRURegKey4=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\LowRegistry\Audio\PolicyConfig\PropertyStoreRegKey5=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetupRegKey6=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Recovery\PendingDeleteRegKey7=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLSTimeRegKey8=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\StatsExcludeKey1=FILE|%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\*\|container.dat
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=32310&view=getnewpost

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an
email for each reply made to this topic.  Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.
This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

You can unsubscribe at any time here: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=like&do=unsubscribe&key=Zm9ydW1zO3RvcGljczszMjMxMDszNzUwOzM3NTA7Y3NnYWxsb3dheUBnbWFpbC5jb20,

============== end paste

• Moderators

@CSGalloway I don't understand your post, it looks like you just copy pasted the post notification email that anyone gets when it a thread is subscribed to. What was the point/question you're attempting to make?

Edit: it looks like also that you didn't notice took back his entry that you quoted, as it broke things

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

@CSGalloway I don't understand your post, it looks like you just copy pasted the post notification email that anyone gets when it a thread is subscribed to. What was the point/question you're attempting to make? Edit: it looks like also that you didn't notice took back his entry that you quoted, as it broke things

Sorry if I triggered a new post alert, I thought I was onto something with fixing [bing Weather*] but it flopped completely so I removed it.

• Moderators

Sorry if I triggered a new post alert, I thought I was onto something with fixing [bing Weather*] but it flopped completely so I removed it.
No I understand what you did, I don't understand why copied the post notification e-mail in whole, or even at all.

I posted the email notification exactly as I received it - sicne it didn't match the spacing that it had earlier on this thread.  Seems like it should be the same - or at least the email notification should be easier to read....

• Moderators

Um, you'll have to talk to the companies that create the forum software and php programming language and your e-mail provider because

1) I, for one, don't always see it wrong

2) You made no reference to this you just pasted it like we're mind readers

3) it has nothing to do with this thread. Maybe it should be a comment in a thread to the admin staff, though even then, see my main point of who would be able to fix this and see the Admin of this site is not listed there.

4) why would it matter what the e-mail looks like? I promise you that things look even worse on tapatalk, android app, as it doesn't show quote and code as differentiated from regular text and I've never thought to post a screenshot with no information about it, lol

Sorry I'm maybe taking this a bit more serious than I intended...I'm off to get some sleep

• Moderators

@JDPower,

and it appears again, later down...

Added ExcludeKey= to prevent container.dat from being deleted. It seems to fix the issues with app auto closing on launch.
[bing Weather*]LangSecRef=3031Detect=HKCU\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppModel\SystemAppData\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbweDetectFile=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_8wekyb3d8bbweDefault=FalseFileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\AppCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INetCache|*.*|RECURSEFileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INetCookies|*.*|RECURSEFileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\INetHistory|*.*|RECURSEFileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.BingWeather_*\AC\Microsoft\CLR_v4.0|*.log|RECURSEFileKey6=

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

@JDPower,

and it appears again, later down...

There's simply a line break missing in CSGalloway's copy and paste, it's a messed up formatting version of:

Default=False

FileKey1=

You asked what FalseKey1 was, which doesn't appear anywhere.

It must be psychic night on here or something :huh:

@Nergal

Maybe it would help if I knew if Coffee4Joe used a mac or PC when posting the message I copied and pasted from my gmail inbox.  Maybe there is a problem there..... with the translation of line breaks?

It's a formatting issue in the email notifications, I see it all the time, but given it's merely a notification of a new reply I click the link and read the, correctly formatted, post here. It's nothing too do with what machine Coffee4Joe is using.

Start a thread about it in the discussion area if it bothers you, but given no one's complained about it (to my knowledge) in all the years I've been here I doubt it'll be considered high priority to fix, even if it CAN be fixed.

I sure know how to wake up a thread  :ph34r: 

Does anyone want to see if they can reproduce these steps that cause the app crash. On Win10 the error log for Bing Weather gave me 0x803e0102 which pointed me to this article .

Didn't really give an answer but it pointed me to try cleaning [Notification Cache*] and [bing Weather*] together. After a reboot Weather app will close immediately after launching.

If it does crash here's the powershell command to fix it. (Run as admin)

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Whereas Microsoft is retiring Internet Explorer and Edge is far from being fully functional and "security ready", I have elected to default my browser to Google Chrome on my Windows 10 systems.  After a couple of weeks of using Chrome, I discovered this a.m. that our Winapp2.ini's [html5 Storage*] cleaning code is not cleaning Chrome's File System folder.  In fact, this folder had grown to 3.5+ gigabytes in size since my installation of Chrome.  See the code below for this element.

[HTML5 Storage*]
LangSecRef=3029
SpecialDetect=DET_CHROME
Detect1=HKCU\Software\Torch
Detect2=HKCU\Software\SuperBird
Detect3=HKCU\Software\Chromium
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Chrome Plus\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Chromium\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Flock\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Rockmelt\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey6=%LocalAppData%\SRWare Iron\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey7=%LocalAppData%\Torch\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\SuperBird\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\Amigo\User Data\*\File System|*.log;*MANIFEST*;*.old|RECURSE

As a neophyte Chrome user, I am wondering why FileKey1 should not be changed to FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Google\Chrome*\User Data\*\File System|*.*|RECURSE to clean out this entire folder.  From what I read via a "Chrome HTML5 Storage" search, it appears safe/proper to fully clean out this "File System" folder.  

I yield to users who have Chrome experience and knowledge.  

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.