Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

FileKey2 could be there for any number of reasons and probably shouldn't be included just for Realtek Install Files cleanup.

It's a hidden empty directory. Realtek High Definition Audio driver installation creates this directory. I have tested this by uninstalling and re-installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver a few times. I use a program that monitors installations. I have notified Realtek about this empty directory.

New Entry

[Acrobat Reader DC*]

LangSecRef=3021

Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Setup Files|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\Setup|*.*|REMOVESELF

FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Cache|*.*|RECURSE

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVConversionFromPDF

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVConversionToPDF

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cDockables

RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles

RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cToolbars

RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\RememberedViews\cNoCategoryFiles

RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\ShareIdentity

RegKey8=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Synchronizer\DC

FileKey2 shouldn't be included. In the past it prevented updates: #1604, #1605. And you wrote: #3018.

• Moderators

FileKey2 could be there for any number of reasons and probably shouldn't be included just for Realtek Install Files cleanup.

No I agree that the folder mentioned is too generic and not only related to realtek

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

New entry

[MySQL Workbench*]
LangSecRef=3021
DetectFile=%AppData%\MySQL\Workbench
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\MySQL\Workbench\log|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\MySQL\Workbench\sql_history|*.*
FileKey2=%AppData%\MySQL\Workbench\cache|*.*

[VoidTools Search Everything*]
LangSecRef=3024
DetectFile1=%ProgramFiles%\Everything
DetectFile2=%AppData%\Everything
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Everything|*.csv;*.txt
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Everything|*.csv;*.txt
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Everything|*.txt;*.csv
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%AppData%\Everything\Filters.csv
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\Everything\Filters.csv
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\Everything\Filters.csv

- fix Excludekey

• Moderators

It's a hidden empty directory. Realtek High Definition Audio driver installation creates this directory. I have tested this by uninstalling and re-installing Realtek High Definition Audio driver a few times. I use a program that monitors installations. I have notified Realtek about this empty directory.

it is also created/used by other lazy programmers who fail to follow the TMP or TEMP user and system variables.

I'm not arguing the fact that it can/can't be deleted, my concern is someone running CC and using your Realtek entry, then finding other stuff has gone.

yep, it's a temp folder so 'who cares' applies, but still, maybe at least a warning that not only Realtek may be effected.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

the last sentence is my full argument against its inclusion, it covers things outside of it's named function. Warnings, in general are useless one time popups especially when over used.

If you want that folder removed here's an entry, I even put a warning on it

[Program Files temp folder*]
LangSecRef=tbd
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\temp
Default=False
Warning=some developers are lazy and fail to follow TMP or Temp user and system variables, it's a temp folder so 'who cares' I've made this warning super long, but that's okay most users clicked ok the second the window popped up.
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\temp
Edit

Or, in seriousness, you could just include the folder in your personal inculdes

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

I guess it is different with the new Acrobat Reader DC. I have removed the installation files and tried running the update, no issue.

I would recommend waiting for the first larger update of the new Acrobat Reader DC. Some smaller updates worked in the past also, but the bigger ones failed.

Revised Entry

Changed the Detect from HKCU to HKLM for no conflict with Adobe Acrobat DC entry.

[Acrobat Reader DC*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Acrobat Reader DC\Setup Files|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Cache|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVConversionFromPDF
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVConversionToPDF
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cDockables
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\AVGeneral\cToolbars
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\RememberedViews\cNoCategoryFiles
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Reader\DC\ShareIdentity

New Entries

[Adobe Acrobat DC*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Setup Files|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat|*.idx|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\Cache|*.*
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\DC|UserCache.bin
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVConversionFromPDF
RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVConversionToPDF
RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cDockables
RegKey4=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cRecentFiles
RegKey5=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\AVGeneral\cToolbars
RegKey6=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\RememberedViews\cNoCategoryFiles
RegKey7=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\ShareIdentity

[Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\DC
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller DC|*.log
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller DC\Cache|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\PrinterJobControl

Revised Entry

Changed the Detect from HKLM\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller to HKLM\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\11.0 because it was having a conflict with the new Adobe Acrobat Distiller DC entry (look at the acrodc1 snapshot). Adobe Acrobat XI More entry will still popup (look at the acrodc1 snapshot) because the Adobe Acrobat DC installer creates some registry data that is shown in the acrodc2 snapshot. I have removed that data manually (subkeys 10.0, 11.0, 7.0, 8.0, 9.0) and it is not getting re-created after opening Adobe Acrobat DC.

[Adobe Acrobat Distiller*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKLM\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\11.0
Default=False
FileKey1=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller 11|*.log
FileKey2=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\Distiller 11\Cache|*.*
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Adobe\Acrobat Distiller\PrinterJobControl

the last sentence is my full argument against its inclusion, it covers things outside of it's named function. Warnings, in general are useless one time popups especially when over used.

If you want that folder removed here's an entry, I even put a warning on it

[Program Files temp folder*]
LangSecRef=tbd
DetectFile=%ProgramFiles%\temp
Default=False
Warning=some developers are lazy and fail to follow TMP or Temp user and system variables, it's a temp folder so 'who cares' I've made this warning super long, but that's okay most users clicked ok the second the window popped up.
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\temp
Edit

Or, in seriousness, you could just include the folder in your personal inculdes

Developers are humans too and they can also make mistakes. After reading the 'Warning' you made for this entry, and the advice that you posted for me, it shows you have some kind of attitude problem. I raise my question again, why are you a moderator of this forum? You always find ways to insult and harass other members here. If I have to, I can make a custom entry for myself. I don't need your advise.

Piriform should look into this, otherwise people like me will leave this project.

Revised Entry

Changed from: FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Adobe\Installers|*.*|RECURSE
To: FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Adobe\Installers|*.log.gz|RECURSE

There are some important files in the uninstall directory.

[Adobe Updater*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Adobe
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Adobe\Installers|*.log.gz|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Adobe\ARM|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\AAMUpdater|*.Log|RECURSE
FileKey4=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Updater*|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\*\Updater|*.log
FileKey6=%AppData%\Adobe\LogTransport*\Logs|ulog_*.tmp
FileKey7=%AppData%\Adobe\Acrobat\*\Updater|*.log

• Moderators

Developers are humans too and they can also make mistakes. After reading the 'Warning' you made for this entry, and the advice that you posted for me, it shows you have some kind of attitude problem. I raise my question again, why are you a moderator of this forum? You always find ways to insult and harass other members here. If I have to, I can make a custom entry for myself. I don't need your advise.

1) my post was tongue and cheek. I've never insulted nor harassed a member of this thread or this forum (at least not since my first few months of coming to the site in 2009). So if you read that into my (badly englished) posts, that's on you.As far as your belief, one I've been confronted on by you on previous occasion(s), that I have a personal vendetta against you, or other submitters, you couldn't be further from correct. I don't even usually notice the submitter until I've already looked at an entry and judged it to have the possibility of causing issue, from the perspective of the developers adding the entry to ccleaner. I've mentioned before, it has been given to the moderator staff, and in particular me as a active user of the template and participant of the thread to police for this type of entry; which is all I've done (as well as simply expressed an opinion and not a veto-proof one either).

EDIT

For those who do not remember: an entry for windows media player included *.db. though many in the thread caught that it literally removed the users' entire music database (star ratings, play counts, notes) it was still added to the program and many people suffered, though the final template version included a warning.

/EDIT

2) the warning included in my "entry" is WORD FOR WORD from the post previous to mine. It is not a slight to developers, it's a slight to the liberal use of warnings already in the template as well as the (nigh) impossibility of wording a warning especially in a entry (yours) that cleans other items besides the %programfiles%\temp folder.

I had 3CX VoIP Phone installed http://www.3cx.com/voip/voip-phone/ and it left the following mostly empty directories.

..\AppData\Local\3CX VoIP Phone
> tree
D:.
├───Cert
├───History
├───Language
├───Logs
├───Phonebook
│   ├───Contacts
│   ├───Phones
│   └───Photos
├───Provisioned
├───Recordings
├───Snapshots
├───Updater
└───Video

Can you explain how I add an entry for this?

I have lots of directories in appdata pertaining to old installations and I want to delete them at the root and not just specify temp files that might be in them.

Is this possible?

I also notice that there are lots of entries in the ini file that don't appear in the GUI.

e.g.

[18 Wheels of Steel*]
Section=Games
Detect=HKCU\Software\ValuSoft
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\18 WoS American Long Haul|*.log;*.crash
FileKey2=%Documents%\18 WoS Extreme Trucker|*.log;*.crash
FileKey3=%Documents%\18 WoS Extreme Trucker 2|*.log;*.crash
FileKey4=%Documents%\18 WoS Haulin|*.log;*.crash

[1Click DVD Copy Pro*]
LangSecRef=3023
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\1click dvd copy pro
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\1click dvd copy pro|*.log
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\1click dvd copy pro|*.log

I don't even have a Games section on the Applications tab.

Does CCleaner do some analysis of files/directories in these sections before populating the list of Applications?

1) my post was tongue and cheek. I've never insulted nor harassed a member of this thread or this forum (at least not since my first few months of coming to the site in 2009). So if you read that into my (badly englished) posts, that's on you.As far as your belief, one I've been confronted on by you on previous occasion(s), that I have a personal vendetta against you, or other submitters, you couldn't be further from correct. I don't even usually notice the submitter until I've already looked at an entry and judged it to have the possibility of causing issue, from the perspective of the developers adding the entry to ccleaner. I've mentioned before, it has been given to the moderator staff, and in particular me as a active user of the template and participant of the thread to police for this type of entry; which is all I've done (as well as simply expressed an opinion and not a veto-proof one either).

EDIT

For those who do not remember: an entry for windows media player included *.db. though many in the thread caught that it literally removed the users' entire music database (star ratings, play counts, notes) it was still added to the program and many people suffered, though the final template version included a warning.

/EDIT

2) the warning included in my "entry" is WORD FOR WORD from the post previous to mine. It is not a slight to developers, it's a slight to the liberal use of warnings already in the template as well as the (nigh) impossibility of wording a warning especially in a entry (yours) that cleans other items besides the %programfiles%\temp folder.

A while ago, there was a new person who joined this forum and complained about one of the entries under the "Advanced" section in CCleaner. Your reply to him was "do not stick your finger in there." Isn't this a form of harrassment?! I was suprised seeing this kind of language used by a moderator and Piriform did not take any action.

I have more than 10 years of experience in developing all kinds of programs especially Windows Registry cleaners, privacy erasers, and video editing programs. You remember one of my mistakes that I made in the Media Player entry, but you don't remember even one of the 100s of useful entries I provided to this project. That entry is still included in Windows Media Player, but with a warning. What is the difference?

New Entries

[Ashampoo Snap 8 (AutoSave)*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 8
Default=False
FileKey1=%Pictures%\Ashampoo Snap 8\_SNAPDOC|*.*

[Ashampoo Snap 8*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 8
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\CrashRpt\UnsentCrashReports|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%AppData%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 8|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Ashampoo\Ashampoo Snap 8|_NLogMsg.txt

Revised Entries

Changed:

FileKey1=%Documents%\Ace Utilities Backups|*.reg
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Acelogix\Ace Utilities\Backups|*.reg

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Acelogix\System TuneUp\Backups|*.reg

[Ace Utilities*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Acelogix\Ace Utilities
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\Ace Utilities Backups|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%LocalAppData%\Acelogix\Ace Utilities\Backups|*.*|RECURSE
RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Acelogix\Ace Utilities\Settings|UsageHistory

[system TuneUp*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKCU\Software\Acelogix\System TuneUp
Default=False
FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Acelogix\System TuneUp\Backups|*.*|RECURSE

• Moderators

A while ago, there was a new person who joined this forum and complained about one of the entries under the "Advanced" section in CCleaner. Your reply to him was "do not stick your finger in there." Isn't this a form of harrassment?! I was suprised seeing this kind of language used by a moderator and Piriform did not take any action.

I have more than 10 years of experience in developing all kinds of programs especially Windows Registry cleaners, privacy erasers, and video editing programs. You remember one of my mistakes that I made in the Media Player entry, but you don't remember even one of the 100s of useful entries I provided to this project. That entry is still included in Windows Media Player, but with a warning. What is the difference?

can I suggest using PM would be a better avenue to continue this line of conversation.

I don't think members want to follow this. Plus it's off topic.

• Moderators

can I suggest using PM would be a better avenue to continue this line of conversation.
Great suggestion, I have commenced with this

I have a question/suggestion. Do you think it would be a good idea to add warnings to cache files saying something like "Removing these files may slow down the application" I just ask because files like caches and temp files are actually meant to speed up programs.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

• Moderators

Although your suggestion @ROCKNROLL has merit, it runs the gauntlet of immunising users against warnings in general.

I think warnings should be used sparingly and only if some potential adverse effect is not obvious.

Removing cache files, at worst, will make a program slow for the next usage.

Hopefully users of CC and the like should realise that non-essential files are removed but with the next usage, the program will recreate anything it requires.