Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

I suggest we leave things as is until Winapp steps into the arena and debate.   :ph34r:

I recently switched back to Avira Internet Security and was a bit surprised to find that its Avira Speedup System optimizer uses Winapp2.ini.  I don't recall seeing it being used, but it has been a year since I used Avira.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Best way to take pressure off Winapp is to leave it alone (see post 5520), make polite requests for new softwares to be added, and say thank you from time to time.

Two analogs come to mind: Gorhill's decision to separate uBlock Origin from uBlock, and the story of The Little Red Hen.

edit: 

Hey siliconman01, is that the same ini file? 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Best way to take pressure off Winapp is to leave it alone (see post 5520), make polite requests for new softwares to be added, and say thank you from time to time.

Two analogs come to mind: Gorhill's decision to separate uBlock Origin from uBlock, and the story of The Little Red Hen.

edit: 

Hey siliconman01, is that the same ini file? 

Yep, it is Winapp2.ini Version 5.11

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

You are most welcome!   :rolleyes:

What you should also realize is that Winapp2 is not just for CCleaner anymore. There are 3 other cleaners that use Winapp2.

Other program's issues, or inadequacies, aren't really winapp2's problem. They are free to maintain a list more appropriate for them instead of copying that made for another program (IMO)

Smalik is also right that it isn't just Winapp himself that makes this all happen. We all have been contributing entries to Winapp2 for years now. 1 person wouldn't have made all this happen by himself. A little appreciation towards people who have been contributing their time to make entries wouldn't hurt once in a while.

I've always been happy to provide entries, and help on this forum, purely to help the community, not for any kind of gratitude. I'm happy I've helped, and know it's appreciated. Obviously different people, different attitudes :)

But that is the thing. If he did throw it on GitHub, it would take a lot of the pressure off for him. What he has to do now is add all the entries in manually, but if he put it on GitHub, all he would have to do is click a button and it is done already.

What you should also realize is that Winapp2 is not just for CCleaner anymore. There are 3 other cleaners that use Winapp2. I always see entries get removed because they were added to CCleaner, which isn't fair for the other cleaners as they lose some cleaning ability then.

Smalik is also right that it isn't just Winapp himself that makes this all happen. We all have been contributing entries to Winapp2 for years now. 1 person wouldn't have made all this happen by himself. A little appreciation towards people who have been contributing their time to make entries wouldn't hurt once in a while.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate.

• Moderators

Guys please, remember that talk of compatibility with other programs is not supposed to occur on open forum. We are an official site, and while I, personally, think it's great that our cleaning rules are helping users who, for whatever reason, choose to use ccleaner (imnsho the best of its class) to clean their PC, I'm going to ask that we not mention that here anymore. Thanks.

For anyone waiting on the new version I have an idea. Take the entries you feel you need added, copy them and paste them in your own file. There no need to wait on anyone else. I'm beginning to believe that some of the complaints are coming from people who may not be grasping the point of this thread and file. Let me then, again, lay it out for you:

The entries provided here are for PERSONAL USE winapp2 files. This thread and Winapp2.com are allowed some lee-way by ccleaner's developers because the creation of community entries reduce the amount of redundant work an individual would need to go through to create entries for applications that they use.

Yes we all got used to a regular release schedule, but that is not guarantee of future versions, nor does that make winapp2 your monthly slave (as unpaid workers are known). If you want an updated file in your ccleaner, then update your file.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Thunderbird entries have Thunderbird in the entry name.  Seems redundant.

[Thunderbird Corrupt SQLites*]

[Thunderbird Crash Reports*]

[Thunderbird Extensions Log*]

[Thunderbird Install Log*]

[Thunderbird Maintenance Service*]

[Thunderbird Minidumps*]

[Thunderbird Net Predictions*]

[Thunderbird Startup Cache*]

[Thunderbird TestPilot Error Logs*]

[Thunderbird Update Logs*]

[Thunderbird webappsstore.sqlite*]

• Moderators

Thunderbird entries have Thunderbird in the entry name.  Seems redundant.  
Not redundant. Ccleaner can't handle entries with equal names. Thus as firefox entries and thunderbird entries would share names the software name is necessary.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Not redundant. Ccleaner can't handle entries with equal names. Thus as firefox entries and thunderbird entries would share names the software name is necessary.

Found that out myself a few months ago.

[VMware Workstation*]
LangSecRef=3024
Detect=HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\Installer\VMware Workstation
DetectFile=%CommonAppData%\VMware\VMware Workstation
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\VMware\hostd|*.log;*.gz|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\VMware\Installer|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.log;*.gz;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey4=%Documents%\My Virtual Machines|*.log|RECURSE
FileKey5=%LocalAppData%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone Client\Logs|*.log;*.gz
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.rtf;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware VIX|*.txt;*.rtf
FileKey8=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.rtf;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey9=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\Program Files*\VMware\VMware VIX|*.txt;*.rtf
FileKey10=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\VMware\hostd|*.log;*.gz|RECURSE
FileKey11=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\VMware\Installer|*.*|REMOVESELF
FileKey12=%LocalAppData%\VirtualStore\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone|*.log;*.gz;*.zip|RECURSE
FileKey13=%CommonAppData%\VMware\logs|*.log|RECURSE
ExcludeKey1=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware vCenter Converter Standalone\Help|*.txt|RECURSE
ExcludeKey2=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware VIX\vixwrapper-config.txt
ExcludeKey3=FILE|%ProgramFiles%\VMware\VMware Workstation\vixwrapper-product-config.txt

add detection file and filekey 13^^

new:

[Orcs Must Die! Unchained Logs*]
LangSecRef=Games
Detect=HKCU\SOFTWARE\Robot Entertainment\Orcs Must Die! Unchained
Default=False
FileKey1=%Documents%\My Games\Orcs Must Die Unchained\SpitfireGame\Logs|*.log;*.dmg|RECURSE

Ps I would say you be free to collect all change and post it in a seperate file it will also reduce winapps work ^^

thx

________

I updatet smaliks winapp2.txt file to the change of this post and I found 1 forgotten entry ;-)

and comment out all out this ;

Please add a line in this file, right at top most, saying

"save this file to ccleaner installation folder which is usually c:\Program Files\Ccleaner"

for rat-brained dumbos like me, who download this file and don't know what to do with this. :)

Another tip will help, saying "you need not close/ restart ccleaner. just go to Cleaner - Application tab to see what new entries are appearing."

Thanks.

--

Rawat

Please help me with adding Firefox Light browser entries in cleaner.

seeing suggestions in this forum, I added to ccleaner.ini -

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX Light|E:\MyData\light\Light\Profiles\lightprofile1

but nothing is appearing in ccleaner.

this is the folder where my Firefox light profile resides, with the nomenclature of standard firefox.

What did I miss?

Thanks.

As winapp2.ini was taking a long time to load, I followed suggestions and ran trim.bat and now my winapp2.ini is reduced from 828kb to a comfirtable 81 kb, less than one tenth, and is taking no visible time in loading.

Thanks for this help.

trim.bat issues.

1. at a point it said "OOPS - using not default ccleaner"

What was that for and how did it affect me?

I am on ccleaner 5.03. Did it mean that I was not having latest version?

2. at a point it said "Reporting "BAD" volatile Detections in file #_?_BAD_*_WINAPP2.INI"

I selected "preserve".

What was that for and how did it affect me?

3. first I had run trim.bat in my backup folder thinking that I would trim the file here and then more to ccleaner installation folder.

but it didn't run. then I ran in ccleaner installation folder and ran.

in my backup folder run,

3.a. it didn't give any message and ended. I kept waiting for it to end. Then I realized and ran in ccleaner installation folder.

I mean, it should give message what it has done, and why it is not able to proceed.

3.b Then it had created #TRIMMER folder in my backup folder, which it didn't remove (nor asked me whether to delete or not, as it asked in run from ccleaner installation folder)

housekeeping alert. :-) :-)

3. it left a @_#_7_BAD_FULL.LST file.

What to do with it? Is it needed for winapp2.ini to work or should I delete it?

If it is not required, shouldn't it be created in #TRIMMER folder itself so that it would have got deleted or not depending on user choice.

And if it is related to my above "BAD" message (point 2 above) (as the name suggests), there should be a message suggesting the user what to do with entries in this file.

Thanks.

i don't think this is correct

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX Light|E:\MyData\light\Light\Profiles\lightprofile1

if cc already include Firefox Light into its detection, then you can use

CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|E:\MyData\light\Light\Profiles\lightprofile1

the cleaning will be under Firefox

you need to check the detection log by using Analyze

if nothing detected, mean CC doesn't include FF Light yet

you need to download winapp2.ini and search for firefox entries (search DET_MOZILLA)

modified all ff entries according to your FF Light location

example

[Adblock Plus/Edge For Firefox**]
LangSecRef=3026  >>>  replace with Section=Firefox Light (incase you want cc clean under Firefox Light, not default Firefox )
DetectFile=E:\MyData\light\Light\App\Light.exe
Default=False
FileKey1=E:\MyData\light\Light\Profiles\lightprofile1\adblock*|patterns-backup*.ini;*.tmp

trim.bat issues.

1. you need to put trim.bat and ccleaner.exe in same folder

if you're using 64 bit windows, trim.bat will use CCLEANER64.EXE

2. i don't think you need it so just choose Skip

3. you can delete @_#_7_BAD_FULL.LST file and it is created outside #TRIMMER folder because you choose to Preserve(point 2)

here what i choose everytime i use trim.bat

(O)rganize or (S)kip  >>  O  --  Sorting

®eplace or (S)kip   >>  R  --  Sorting

(P)reserve or (S)kip  >>  S  --  Debugging

(U)pdate or (S)kip     >>  U  --  Update winapp2.ini with trimmed entries

(D)elete or (S)kip      >>  D  --  Delete #TRIMMER folder

I opened winapp2.ini

I am noticing that all references to Firefox and thunderbird are referring to hdd folders

FileKey1=%AppData%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*

and

FileKey1=%AppData%\Thunderbird\Profiles\*

whereas I have moved my ff and tb to

E:\MyData\ff\Profiles\ffprofile2

and

E:\MyData\tb\profiles\tbprofile1

These are working well as I have put the relevant entries in profiles.ini files.

So, does it mean that winapp2.ini is not able to help detect my moved profiles?

But I find that ccleaner does clean my ff and tb and there are entries in the log saying so many MB cleared.

probably default setup of ccleaner is able to detect my locations to new moved locations.

so, could you please confirm again that I need to manually edit winapp2.ini file to change the hdd folder references to E:\MyData\ff\profiles\* and E:\MyData\tb\profiles\*

And there I add Light's moved profile location also.

Thanks.

so, could you please confirm again that I need to manually edit winapp2.ini file to change the hdd folder references to E:\MyData\ff\profiles\* and E:\MyData\tb\profiles\*

And there I add Light's moved profile location also.

Thanks.

CustomLocation only affect entries without *

so currently cc only clean entries without *

winapp2.ini = entries with *

for portable browser, you need to change winapp2 entries based on the profile location

plus, you need to check whether CC support FF Light or not

CustomLocation only affect entries without *

so currently cc only clean entries without *

winapp2.ini = entries with *

Wow, and here I was thinking CCleaner was ahead of the game. Looks like that isn't the case.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

• Moderators

More to the point, custom location only supports specialkey and specialdetect entries...why would you need anyother use for it, everything else ccleaner does is plaintext and not behind codewall.

In fact this is exactly why we are able to use winapp2 entries, because very little of ccleaner's cleaning routine is obscured behind the software.

everything else ccleaner does is plaintext and not behind codewall.

Maybe I just misunderstand what you meant by this, but CCleaner is not open-source, so thus everything CCleaner does is behind a "codewall". Maybe you meant winapp/winapp2 that is not behind a "codewall" and are written in plain text.

I am a maintainer for Winapp2. I also have a open-source group on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/opencommunity

• Moderators

Maybe I just misunderstand what you meant by this, but CCleaner is not open-source, so thus everything CCleaner does is behind a "codewall". Maybe you meant winapp/winapp2 that is not behind a "codewall" and are written in plain text.
yes I mean winapp.ini and winsys.ini (the cleaning routine) are plaintext and not coded.

• Moderators

specialkey and specialdetect entries.

Go back long enough and those didn't exist. Just speculation but perhaps it was all the me too copycat cleaning tools which were blatantly stealing cleaning routines which caused it - this was before and after the winapp2.ini community file existence.