Winapp2.ini additions

Winapp2.ini

• Moderators

I want to make this little event a chance to quote Andrew's words as if they've come from my own fingers;

To everyone in this now 2776 reply post

And thank you to the volunteers who have contributed the winapp2.ini project that benefits BleachBit, CCleaner, and System Ninja.

Now let us all drop this subject and follow @siliconman01's example by getting back to work ;).

Love y'all

Grumpy Gus Gustavison

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

New Entry:

[Windows 7/8 Search (Windows.edb)*]

LangSecRef=3025

DetectOS=6.1|

Warning=Checkmark this entry to remove file Windows.edb ONLY if you have Windows Search service disabled. Windows.edb can be several hundred megabytes in size and is not needed if Search is disabled.

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\|Windows.edb

NOTE: This entry MAY be applicable to Windows Vista and XP; however, I have no way of testing it on these systems. I suspect that if search/Indexing is disabled on Windows Vista and XP, then Windows.edb can be removed.

[indexing Traces*] entry removes .db files. There is no need to add a duplicate entry.

It is safe to remove .db files from that location. There is no need to add a warning.

NEW ENTRY

[Roxio Creator NXT Pro*]

LangSecRef=3021

Detect=HKCU\Software\Roxio\EMC14

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Roxio\EMC14\VideoUI\RecentFiles\Productions

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Roxio\EMC14\VideoUI\RecentFiles\Catalogs

RegKey3=HKLM\Software\Roxio\EMC14\Common SDK\Users

RegKey4=HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Roxio\EMC14\Common SDK\Users

MODIFIED ENTRY

Added the highlighted line.

[Tag&Rename 3*]

LangSecRef=3024

Detect=HKCU\Software\Softpointer\Tag&Rename3\Config

Default=False

RegKey1=HKCU\Software\Softpointer\Tag&Rename3\Config|FCurrentFolder

RegKey2=HKCU\Software\Softpointer\Tag&Rename3\Config|FHistoryList

RegKey3=HKCU\Software\Softpointer\Tag&Rename3\Config|FileListHeader

FileKey1=%Music%|*.jpg

[indexing Traces*] entry removes .db files. There is no need to add a duplicate entry.

It is safe to remove .db files from that location. There is no need to add a warning.

Windows.edb is in a different folder than addressed by Indexing Traces*. It is in the Windows folder and not in the three folders of Indexing Traces*

[indexing Traces*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\PropMap|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\SecStore|*.*|RECURSE

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

Yes, it can be added to Indexing Traces. I tested it with Windows Search enabled on Windows 7 and Windows 8. When CCleaner tries to remove Windows.edb, it cannot because the service has it in use. No error messages are emitted either. So I agree that the Warning message is not needed either. Again, I have no way of testing it on XP or Vista.

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

I took the liberty of merging siliconman01's new 'Windows 7/8 Search (Windows.edb)' entry into 'Indexing Traces'...

and adding FileKey4 for XP.

FileKey4 reflects 'Windows.edb' location In XP

FileKey5 reflects 'Windows.edb' location In Windows Vista/7/8

[indexing Traces*]
LangSecRef=3025
Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows
Default=False
FileKey1=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\GatherLogs\SystemIndex|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\PropMap|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\Projects\SystemIndex\SecStore|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%CommonAppData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows\|Windows.edb
FileKey5=%ProgramData%\Microsoft\Search\Data\Applications\Windows|Windows.edb

As previously stated, Search/Indexing service must be disabled or the process stopped for 'Windows.edb' to be removed

• Moderators

%ProgramData% is the same as %ProgramData%

wait oranges are oranges?!?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Looks like you overlooked the one below:

[MS Office 2013 SkyDrive (setup logs)*]

LangSecRef=3021

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SkyDrive

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SkyDrive\Setup\Logs\|*.*

i think this need to be reviewed

[Age of Empires*]

Section=Games

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games

Default=False

FileKey1=%Documents%\My Games\Age of Empires 2|*.txt

FileKey2=%Documents%\My Games\Age of Mythology|*.txt

FileKey3=%Documents%\My Games\Age of Empires 3|*.txt

cuz i dont ever had this game, and its shows it in ccleaner,detect is wrong, it need to be more specified to Age Of Empires, in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games i only have halo, and its shows Age Of Empires.

sorry for bad english :)

new entry

[MTA San Andreas 1.3 Logs*]

Section=Games

Detectfile=%ProgramFiles%\MTA San Andreas 1.3\Multi Theft Auto.exe

Default=False

FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\MTA San Andreas 1.3/MTA/logs|*.*

FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\MTA San Andreas 1.3/server/mods/deathmatch/backups|*.*

FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\MTA San Andreas 1.3/server/mods/deathmatch/logs|*.*

Looks like you overlooked the one below:

[MS Office 2013 SkyDrive (setup logs)*]

LangSecRef=3021

Detect=HKCU\Software\Microsoft\SkyDrive

Default=False

FileKey1=%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\SkyDrive\Setup\Logs\|*.*

Whoops!

i think this need to be reviewed

[Age of Empires*]

Section=Games

Detect=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games

Default=False

FileKey1=%Documents%\My Games\Age of Empires 2|*.txt

FileKey2=%Documents%\My Games\Age of Mythology|*.txt

FileKey3=%Documents%\My Games\Age of Empires 3|*.txt

cuz i dont ever had this game, and its shows it in ccleaner,detect is wrong, it need to be more specified to Age Of Empires, in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games i only have halo, and its shows Age Of Empires.

sorry for bad english :)

I'll need someone with those installed to provide a better bath :x