CCleaner disappears

r1wigs

After doing a complete restore on my computor, 64 bit Windows 7 I downloaded and installed the latest version of ccleaner and it disappears after a few hours and I have to reinstall it.(

when the newest version is running it runs very slow) I have done it 4 times. It is nowhere to be found in programs. On the 5th time I searched online and found an older version and it works perfectly. When I install the latest version the icons are just little square boxes and theysometimes won't open up nor is it listed in programs. At first I thought it was the firewall blocking it somehow but the old version is working. I guess it is not such a big problem but I am curious as to why it happens.

Do you clean the registry ?

It is nowhere to be found in programs.

This implies you looked every where because you did not know where it was.

Could it have been installed in some location defined by a defective registry trying for an earlier location ?

Could it have been installed in some cache or temporary folder where it purges itself into oblivion ?

Do you clean the registry ?

This implies you looked every where because you did not know where it was.

Could it have been installed in some location defined by a defective registry trying for an earlier location ?

Could it have been installed in some cache or temporary folder where it purges itself into oblivion ?

I let it install in the default folder it creates when installing as I always do.

I let it install in the default folder it creates when installing as I always do.

My view is that should you have restored a system with a previous installation of CCleaner,

the registry may have a corrupted memory of where that was held,

and its corrupted memory is probably the ultimate default over what would be the normal default on a clean installation.

Hazelnut's suggestion of using the Portable version avoids any such problem.

N.B.

Where possible I prefer to switch my CIS protection from the "safe" configuration to a special BLOCK ALL on the Firewall,

and a ANYTHING ALLOWED MODE for AntiVirus and DEFENSE+ Behaviour protection.

I especially adopt this configuration when using a Partition Manager ever since all my Partitions vanished.

I do not know if CIS caused the malfunction,

but the Partition Manager strongly recommended against modifying partitions whilst applications were running,

and security software is designed with the special ability to conflict with anything it chooses.