MS Word History not Cleaned

FGWeber

Well, I use another Registry cleaner and it seems to detect recent items history references of deleted MS Word Documents even if I have ran CCleaner to delete junk files before doing a Registry scan. I use Office 2007.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

• Moderators

Do you have the history ("Recent Documents") feature turned on in Word (it's in "Tools->General"):

78bc246cd964.png

Also make sure you of the MS Office box ticked/enabled in CCleaner. Unless they've changed something in CCleaner not mentioned in the changelog it should still clean it.

Yes on Both questions and as I pointed out all other history, excel, pp, etc..... is cleared...... this only just begin two upgrades ago before that CCleaner worked perfectly

Do you have the history ("Recent Documents") feature turned on in Word (it's in "Tools->General"):

78bc246cd964.png

Also make sure you of the MS Office box ticked/enabled in CCleaner. Unless they've changed something in CCleaner not mentioned in the changelog it should still clean it.

Okay today I got an idea from reading another thread..... I went back to version 3.00.1310 and voila problem solved, MS Word history now cleaned.

Over the next few days I will updated the versions to let every one know where the bug starts for any that may be interested.

F

Final post on this I hope to hear from Piriform........ I have gone back and re-loaded and run older versions of CCleaner on my laptop and my desktop.

Version 3.02.1343 is the last version that cleans the history in Word 03, on both the laptop and desktop.

From upgrade 3.03.1366 thru the latest version 3.05.1409 there is no history cleaning of Word on either computer, all other software History is cleaned this issue for me at least is specific to Word03.