Windows 8

CTskifreak

I want the EU, the DoJ et al. to stop suing Microsoft whenever they introduce new things into Windows.

Then Microsoft will be able to do nice things ;)

About the "inside" of Win8....AppX "Jupiter" packages look like it's the end of bad uninstallers.

Piriform French translator

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that windows 8 like to be as cloud...sounds modest :-(

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Win8 programmers must be laughing out loud right now...I mean, all tech sites are making huge articles out of small things and concept UIs that might not make it into the final release, but no one is talking about under-the-hood changes (Jupiter, RedHawk, software DWM, ...)

the "cloud-stuff" are overvalued. its no alternative to private data-security and certainly not for business or establishment. i think its useless.

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• 2 weeks later...

It's even written on the Win8 desktop and winver message (in red letters), it's the first time they do this..

That Canouna guy must be feeling bad right now - two people fired partly because of him :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I know this is over a month since the last post - but this is relevant.

http://arstechnica.c...s-horrified.ars

"a version of WPF built on top of Direct2D"

The writer doesn't know anything about WPF...

Direct2D was created because C++ programmers wanted hardware-accelerated graphics since C# programmers had them with WPF, not the other way around. WPF is already fully hardware-accelerated.

Some tech writers need to calm down, think, and realize .NET isn't going to be left behind.