Is this okay?

Anwar

:( I am not sure if my computer is ready to be updated I contact Microsoft by mail and they say only make calls so i hope you can help me anyone

My system

Intel pentium 4 2.40 GHZ

Intel extreme Graphics 64mb

A 30 Gb hard disk

if I miss something tell me! Thanks :D

• Moderators
You're sure you really do want Windows Vista? ;)

22630[/snapback]

It's worth a try, hence I don't like Windows XP all that much -- I went from absolutely hating Windows XP in 2003 when I got my new PC with it pre-installed to in-the-now of just putting up with it.

I'm looking forward on Vista. Although, I have 512MB Of RQAM I should upgrade to 1GB or more. my CPU is a AMD Athlon Xp 2000+ 1.667GHZ. not bad. my video card is just ATI ASUS 9200SE 128MB 64-BIT. "Should really upgrade to ASUS ATI 9800SE with 256MB"

my Motherboard is highly good for the use of Vista. An MSI KT7266 Pro. Ver. 2 that can support PC3200 but handles PC2100 normaly. I should be fine once released.

Yeah, but is Windows Vista designed to please end-users like you or to please the media giant industry like the RIAA and MPAA ?

Seems like the whole system is centered around Treacherous Computing (TC) and DRM (Digital Restriction Management) and various other "content protection" schemes.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

All I know is that I'll be ready for Vista once full released. I'll have 2GB of RAM by then hopefully. My CPU should hold up. Mainly the amount of RAM is the #1 Issue to me here. my CPU runs at 1.667GHZ with an MSI kT7266 Pro. Ver. 2 Motherboard. I'm also upgrading my piss of junk Graphics card to an ATI 9800Pro.

If I run into any problems or... run into any bug by that time. I'll see that there looked at :huh: .

All I know is that I'll be ready for Vista once full released. I'll have 2GB of RAM by then hopefully. My CPU should hold up. Mainly the amount of RAM is the #1 Issue to me here. my CPU runs at 1.667GHZ with an MSI kT7266 Pro. Ver. 2 Motherboard. I'm also upgrading my piss of junk Graphics card to an ATI 9800Pro.

If I run into any problems or... run into any bug by that time. I'll see that there looked at  :huh: .

23292[/snapback]

Yeh that computer will be able to run vista. But why not keep old graphics card or go for a nVidia? ;)

Vista will boss you around. You dont control Vista, Vista controls you.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

Yeh that computer will be able to run vista. But why not keep old graphics card or go for a nVidia? ;)

Vista will boss you around. You dont control Vista, Vista controls you.

23309[/snapback]

really? An OS control me? Ha, as far as I know, I'm controling everything here on Xp :lol: . but the reason I'm upgrading the card is cause it lacks on games. you know, I play Halo for the PC and also other games such as Dawn Of War which requirs a bit more on the video card. Mines 64-Bit. Needs at least 128-Bit :unsure: .

well, I'll be good to go on Vista. But the RAM is a pain :huh:

as of the moment, the only game vista can play is farcry.

23931[/snapback]

Cool! i've played it and got stuck at some part where I had no guns and I was nocked out during that part. But anyways, I need to upgrade anyway in order to play agmes that I want to play and I can't play them with the card I have. Would lag and crap.

• 2 weeks later...
When I buy the final release of Vista one thing I'll be doing is getting rid of my 128 MB ATI Radeon and switch to a different display card manufacturer altogether.

22458[/snapback]

What model and do you have any intention of selling it (Paypal)

IPB Image

• Moderators
What model and do you have any intention of selling it (Paypal)

24991[/snapback]

As for what I'll replace it with I don't know, hence I haven't started looking yet. As for selling it I won't since I'm going to donate it to my old PC, that is if it will run on Win98 if not I'll upgrade the OS to something newer but not XP because some of my old games that I still like don't run correctly on XP.

As for what I'll replace it with I don't know, hence I haven't started looking yet. As for selling it I won't since I'm going to donate it to my old PC, that is if it will run on Win98 if not I'll upgrade the OS to something newer but not XP because some of my old games that I still like don't run correctly on XP.

24996[/snapback]

Well the alternatives are basically a card with a graphics chipset from either ATI or nVidia.

You can always dual-boot Windows 98 and Windows XP on the same computer or either or both of them with another operating system.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

80x15_3.png

• Moderators
You can always dual-boot Windows 98 and Windows XP on the same computer or either or both of them with another operating system.

25018[/snapback]

I don't know if Win98 could even run the hardware on my WinXP system, I already know it won't work with my Dell LCD monitor since I tried it, not knowing if the hardware would work is the reason I've never bothered creating a partition for Win98 on my WinXP system.

I do however know my old system could run Win2k or WinXP because I ran the Microsoft scanner some years ago that stated it could, although the minimum amount of memory would be less than the recommended 512MB. The only problem is I'd have to get a slightly larger hdd as well since 2k and XP do consume allot of hdd just for the OS.