AVI files

Mudd

• Moderators

Hi Mudd.

Have you checked to see if "Windows Audio" is still running and is set to "Automatic" in "Services". Media Player won't play anything without it, although other audio players will work fine.

Start\Run\Type "services.msc" in the box (no quotes)\Hit OK. Scroll down to "Windows Audio" and make sure it's running.

It seems obvious, but it hasn't been mentioned yet unless I've missed it, which is well nigh possible.

Hi Mudd.

Have you checked to see if "Windows Audio" is still running and is set to "Automatic" in "Services". Media Player won't play anything without it, although other audio players will work fine.

Start\Run\Type "services.msc" in the box (no quotes)\Hit OK. Scroll down to "Windows Audio" and make sure it's running.

It seems obvious, but it hasn't been mentioned yet unless I've missed it, which is well nigh possible.

It indicates "Started" and "Automatic." This was the first suggestion about the Services. Thanks, that eliminates a possible problem. I'm not going to quit. May not live long enough to find the problem but am going to look.

Mudd

It indicates "Started" and "Automatic." This was the first suggestion about the Services. Thanks, that eliminates a possible problem. I'm not going to quit. May not live long enough to find the problem but am going to look.

I like your style, Mudd. :D

There are several small avi movies here: AVI Fractals. When I click on them, they open in windows media player 10.

If they play and yours don't, try VLC player portable to play yours. If it won't play yours either, the files themselves may be messed up. Only way I know to check that is to try different players.

I will try some of the files you have if you can attach them. The file size limit is about 1.07 mb, it says just below here.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I like your style, Mudd. :D

There are 4 avi files here. They will all play with windows media player 10 on this computer except #3. It has to have VLC player. Download them if you like and see if your player will play them.

If your player will play these except for #3, but it won't play yours, then your avi files may have gotten messed up.

1.win.avi = #1

2-clock.avi = #2

3-nogowmp.avi = #3

4-Cheers.avi = #4

If you haven't fixed it soon, try VLC portable as suggested by Andavari and see if it will play yours or these.

Keep after it...

I've downloaded the VLC and it works. But, for my files I'm using Irfan Viewer. It's easy to get a full screen for these tired old eyes. For your four AVI's, none will run for me. See attachment for reason, and bet that's the reason for all the problems.

I'm considered Hard-Headed by some people that know me. I'm not giving up on this. Even if I have to spend most of an afternoon or morning doing a reformat I'm going to fix this rascal!!

Mudd

I had tried to edit that post and delete those files from mediafire before you tried to get them. Mediafire sends a bunch of junk with your downloads. Sorry...apparently I was editing while you tried to download.

edit: double click on the blue bar on VLC and it will go to full screen. :-)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

I had apparently deleted those files from mediafire before you tried to get them. Mediafire sends a bunch of junk with your downloads. Sorry...apparently I was editing while you tried to download.

No problem with that. I have found the critter in the hen house, I think. I'm going to try to post a text from from notpad to explain better than I can.

To you and all the good people out there that has tried to help me with this, a Big Thank You. Sure some of them must have a little Texas in them!!

My Graphic Card burned couple weeks ago, and the machine reverted to the Generic Graphics. That answers all my questions. After you read the attached, (if it gets attached), you will see what I'm talking about.

Again, thank to you and all the others. For sure the attachment was not originated from me. Got it from a Forum.

Mudd

Glad it's sorted now Mudd.

You have now been designated our WMP expert!!

Ma'am, I know nothing! Just happened to hit upon another guy's problem. Thank you for all your help and the time you spent with me. Sure appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Mudd