Boot Time Defrag Locking Up?

Smithers1983

I always keep my Defraggler updated to the most current release. For my installation, I have the Boot Time defrag selected to always run at boot up. On average, I restart or boot up my computer 2-3 times per day. I noticed after updating Defraggler to 2.02.253, atleast once a day the computer would fail to transition from the Windows OS boot screen to the Boot Time defrag. It resulted in a still black screen and stay there with no computer activity. I would be forced to turn the computer off by holding in my power button. After the restart completed the Boot Menu would show and alert me the OS failed to start properly. About two days ago I disabled the boot time defrag and everything has been fine since then. Just throwing this out there to see if anyone else is experiencing the same problems.

OS: Windows XP - Version: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

Why would you need to run boot time defrag all the time?

I hate answering criticizing questions... One time I chose this option, and since it didn't delay my boot time annoyingly I never went back in to turn it off. What I was truly pointing out is... The boot time defrag option has a high probability to lockup my Windows when booting. Perhaps a change in the most recent revision may have caused this.