Things must be bad

hazelnut

To be honest I'm not really that keen on Cadbury's chocolate and even less so over what happened at the Keynsham plant - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8569438.stm

In any case I buy my chocolates from Lido, they sell Bellarom "finest milk chocolate" for ?1.10 in 200g bars and quite tasty too. :)

Richard S.

In any case I buy my chocolates from Lido, they sell Bellarom "finest milk chocolate" for ?1.10 in 200g bars and quite tasty too.

Richard S

For those of us in europe check out Aldi store`s their Choceur bars are 99p for 200g and it`s German chocolate which is good !

• 2 weeks later...

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8569438.stm

Only when Kraft found out later that Cadbury had already spent tens of millions of pounds kitting out its factory in Poland, Mr Firestone said, did Kraft decide that it had no choice but to renege on its commitment to Somerdale.

I thought that when taking over a company there was a thing called DUE DILIGENCE ! !

Alan

When you read the principles set out by the founders of Cadbury`s,they must be spinning in their graves

The Cadburys were pioneers in employee welfare and labor relations, setting standards which other enlightened employers adopted. Cadbury Brothers was the first firm to introduce the Saturday half-day holiday, and also pioneered in closing the factory on bank holidays. In 1918, Cadbury Brothers established democratically elected Works Councils, one for men and one for women. Departments elected representatives to these Councils by secret ballot. The Councils dealt with working conditions, health, safety, education, training, and the social life of the workers.

Conditions and benefits were superior to those workers generally knew in the Victorian era. Young employees were encouraged to attend night school and were allowed to leave work an hour early twice a week. When the Bournville factory opened in 1879, it featured heated dressing rooms, kitchens for hearting food, gardens, and extensive sports fields. Management negotiated special workers' fares with the railway company. The Cadburys even provided swimming pools for employees. They also encouraged the spiritual development of employees, starting morning prayers and Bible readings in 1866, continuing for half a century. Around the turn of the century, the Cadburys established medical and dental departments. They established a Pension Fund in 1906.

I thought that when taking over a company there was a thing called DUE DILIGENCE ! !

Alan

That video is not as good as a face to face conversation, but Marc Firestone's body language is not consistent with candor. :angry: edit: Nor are his words.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Well this one is a shame. Downsizing it so they can sell more bars which are now smaller. I'm not picky with the brand of chocolates, I'm after the taste and the interesting content in it that'll satisfy delight. Valentine's Day is over but chocolate remains immortal.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.