Displaying Issues

delta3030

Yeap they are all checked, then I click analyze, progress bar fills, once it's done, it shows nothing, I push Run Cleaner, progress far... progresses lol, and still nothing, then if i push Run Cleaner again though it finally shows something ('0 mbs deleted' or something).

• 3 weeks later...

I too am having the same problem. I also am running Windows ME. I originally had version 1.25.201 and everything was running fine. I upgraded to v 1.26.218 and had the display problems. I uninstalled and reinstalled the old v 1.25.201 and am still having the display problem. Help!

Hi. I have the exact same problem and have had this occurring with the past 2 CCleaner versions. I use Windows 98SE.

It seems to have something to do with the amount of things to be deleted. If the amount is too weighty the cleaner will not show anything at all, but it will delete it. Try deleting and then using your computer for a minute or 2, then retry the CCleaner. It should then display the items.

Hopefully there is a solution for this......

I get the same problem with 98 SE, but not with XP. This started after I upgraded to 1.26.218.

23765[/snapback]

I too am having this problem. I have just downloaded the program and ran it tonight. After ANALYSING, I just get a blank box with nothing reported. I am running windows Me. I don't want to delete without knowing what I am deleting. Any solutions?

Hi.? I have the exact same problem and have had this occurring with the past 2 CCleaner versions.? I use Windows 98SE.

It seems to have something to do with the amount of things to be deleted.? If the amount is too weighty the cleaner will not show anything at all, but it will delete it.? Try deleting and then using your computer for a minute or 2, then retry the CCleaner.? It should then display the items.? 

Hopefully there is a solution for this......

23558[/snapback]

If it is related to an excessive number of items, try selecting only one or two categories of issues at a time when analyzing and cleaning. If you can get through one thorough cleanup this way, the number of items for subsequent cleanups should be manageable even if you select all categories.

If it is related to an excessive number of items, try selecting only one or two categories of issues at a time when analyzing and cleaning.  If you can get through one thorough cleanup this way, the number of items for subsequent cleanups should be manageable even if you select all categories.

24047[/snapback]

Thank you very much, Glenn. This seemed to do the trick. I asked the program to analyse only Firefox files, unchecking cookies, and ran delete. The display worked fine after this. Most of the junk files seemed to be in Windows Temp and I freed uo 0.5GBy by deleting these. It now seems to be a very useful program!!