CCleaner isn't cleaning Google Chrome

zawjo

Hey guys, I have read this entire forum post by post... but see, the problem is I DID NOT experience the problem until version 3.04.1389 was downloaded and installed on my computer... I have unchecked ALL the boxes for the cleaning of the browser when it is closed. I currently use Google Chrome version 11.0.672.2 Beta. I have downloaded and installed them both from www.filehippo.com. My knowledge of computers is very limited... so don't ask me to do much technical stuff and don't expect much from me...

Oh and I'm using Windows XP 32-bit.

Where is CCleaner certified for use on Google Chrome version 11.0.672.2 Beta ?

You may need to wait.

Generally Beta products are to volatile to merit any bugfixes before they become stable.

Alan

You may need to wait.

Generally Beta products are to volatile to merit any bugfixes before they become stable.

Alan

That may be but at least the developer now knows that there could be a big bump in the road ahead...

Anthonyk747 and pthubbard -- I don't know why you're having issues now. With CCleaner 3.04.1389, I've got all the boxes checked for Google Chrome under CCleaner applications and regardless of what boxes I have checked or unchecked on Google Chrome itself (options>under the hood>content settings), Google Chrome files show up in CCleaner when running analyze and CCleaner is cleaning the files on my Win7 X64 box. I'm sure the developers will take a look at your issues.

You may need to wait.

Alan

Well it's been cleaning just fine for the last 40 versions of Beta I've been using of Google Chrome.... even version 3.03 cleans this version of Beta Chrome JUST FINE! So I have no idea what changed....

Edited by Nergal
For Language: Please choose your words better
Life may not be fair, but the least we can do is make games fair.

--Me

I love Dragons!!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Sorry if this covered elsewhere - but I can't find it!

Using Chrome 10.0.648.151 and ccleaner version 3.04.1389 (according to the upgrade procedures in both pieces of software these are the latest versions).

XP with all Service packs

I can't see where (in Chrome) to check if i am deleting history on exit of chrome

Ccleaner appears to clean everything OK EXCEPT Chrome's most visited websites.

After I clean up using ccleaner and restart chrome I can still see the "most visited sites" from a previous session.

The history has been cleared by ccleaner - because if i go into history there are no entries.

If I then use Chrome to delte all history, the "most visited sites" is then cleared.

Is this a bug in ccleaner? Should it purge Chromes "most visited website"

Ta

• Moderators

10 just came out thank you for your report. the developers will see it and (if they haven't already) will begin to look into it.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Ccleaner appears to clean everything OK EXCEPT Chrome's most visited websites.

Is this a bug in ccleaner? Should it purge Chromes "most visited website"

Thanks, we'll look into this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Same problem but with a twist.

I have ccleaner v 3.14.1616.

When I run my cleaner, a box pops up and says my google chrome is not closed, and so it cannot clean the files.

I have no check in the box mentioned in the fix above.

I have gone to msconfig, (msconfiguration) from the start menu, to see what is running at startup on my computer and google chrome is check marked in there.

When I remove the checkmark I am asked to restart my computer, I do, and ccleaner cleans my chrome files.

Somewhere along the line, using the chrome browser, it gets installed back into my startup files, the checkmark in google chrome returns, and ccleaner, again, will not clean chrome files.

There must be a setting to remove chrome from system start up?

Ive checked all of the settings in the chrome options, cannot find a way to "do not run at start up".

I believe that this was not an issue 2 or 3 ccleaner updates ago.

The fix you mention above does not work for me because I dont have that box checked.

Perhaps I should go back, download an older version of ccleaner and disable my updates?

Thanks

Razz

• Moderators

are you running chrome print or sync?

that's what causes the message you got

if not, Please start a new topic as this is a different issue than original report

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

are you running chrome print or sync?

that's what causes the message you got

if not, Please start a new topic as this is a different issue than original report

Nergal, no, I though we were talking about ccleaner not allowing us to clean the google chrome files?

No, I am just talking about google chrome, the browser.

And the error message I am getting is because google chrome keeps running an exe file everytime I open the browser, appearing to ccleaner to be open, when in fact it is not open.

Ccleaner will not clean the files of any browser that is open while running it.

Would you like me to start a brand new thread regarding this issue?

• Moderators

Both of those things are part (or plugins for) google chrome. They both cause the chrome EXE running (as do many other chrome plugins and themes).

and yes your issue is Different from the one this thread covers, please open a new thread.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Dear CCleaner forum members:

I used "what's running" to discover if any instances of Google Chrome were running after the browser was closed.  Yes, there were more than a half dozen instances running.  SO, long story short, I made a note of the location of these Google Chrome instances, and there were NOT Google Chrome, but they were in actuality a rogue program called "NINJA LOADER", which was attempting to provide advertisements onto Google Chrome, EVEN THOUGH Google Chrome was officially closed.  All said, just go to the control panel, programs and features, and look for "NINJA LOADER" in the list.  IF it is there, uninstall it, and you will not have any more problems.  It worked for me, but I naturally cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

Best wishes to all,

DAVE

:) 

• Moderators

All said, just go to the control panel, programs and features, and look for "NINJA LOADER" in the list.  IF it is there, uninstall it, and you will not have any more problems.  It worked for me, but I naturally cannot guarantee that it will work for you.

Unfortunately with rogue programs/malware merely uninstalling them isn't enough therefore it's recommended that you and anyone else who needs proper help removing malware or verifying their system is actually clean can visit a malware removal site listed in item 10 here: