[Suggestion] Add UAC shield to Recycle Bin context menu

ricktendo64

Here's an idea...how about adding the User Account Control (UAC) shield to the right click Recycle Bin menu, if you have UAC turned on (I personally have it off) it will warn you when launching and/or running CCleaner from the recycle bin

image135t.png

Here is how it will look with the shield

ccleanerrec.png

All you need to do is add a blank REG_SZ entry to the registry called HasLUAShield (look in the Computer right click shell "HKCR\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell\Manage" for more info)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Open CCleaner...]
"HasLUAShield"=""

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\shell\Run CCleaner]
"HasLUAShield"=""

BTW: If the key is added to XP nothing out of the ordinary will happen

Not appropriate for the PORTABLE version of CC which should not meddle with the registry.

Would it be helpful if CC gave its own warning,

REGARDLESS of how it was launched (i.e. not just recycle bin),

if instead it first looked at whether UAC would kill/restrict its operation,

and if relevant issued its own warning that UAC may interfere and then give the choice of proceed or abort ?

Alan

Not appropriate for the PORTABLE version of CC which should not meddle with the registry.

Would it be helpful if CC gave its own warning,

REGARDLESS of how it was launched (i.e. not just recycle bin),

if instead it first looked at whether UAC would kill/restrict its operation,

and if relevant issued its own warning that UAC may interfere and then give the choice of proceed or abort ?

Alan

Not talking about adding more warnings, just a simple shield like windows has in some context menu entries or links to say if you launch this prog uac dialog will show up when launched

uacshields.png

But by definition you CANNOT meddle with the registry with a Portable program.

And what is the big deal about doing this specifically with the Recycle Bin right click launch ?

Is UAC totally blind sided when a desktop/start menu/anything else action launches CC.

Does UAC happily allow deletion of files as a result of anything other than a Recycle Bin launch ?

You seem to me to have focused upon the one and only way that you launch the non-portable CC,

and ignored all the other ways that other people launch both non-portable and portable variants.

Is that a little selfish ? ! !

Alan

Frankly the only selfish person I see here is yourself..."I dont want this, I dont want that..."

Let me educate you a little, the portable version of CCleaner has the option to add a shortcut to recycle bin (Options -> Settings) I am simply trying to make it cooler...to add a UAC shield next to it

So please keep your misinformed opinions to yourself Al, because you CLEARLY! dont know WTF you are talking about

Nowhere did I say "I dont want this"

Nowhere did I say "I dont want that"

Do you not understand that the registry MUST NOT be violated by PORTABLE applications ?

Please educate me upon WHY CCleaner merits this proposed UAC Shield when launched via the recycle bin,

BUT NOT WHEN IT IS LAUNCHED BY ANY OTHER MECHANISM.

I accept your superior skill at abuse and foul language,

but require no further demonstration of such ignorance.