Time to upgrade in just a few weeks, pay again

stanford

Hi, I bought CCleaner. Two weeks later, there was an updated version for only $24.95. I let it go for awhile, then paid for it, too. A few weeks later, there is another updated version to buy. Does it ever end? Why not just update paid users for free, for a year?

• Moderators

Ccleaner is free for all to use. What you paid for was 'paid support' from Piriform.

You do not have to buy this support in order to use the program.

You can always download from the builds page here

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Another case of a slightly misleading download page :o

I disagree. The problem lies in stanford's failure to fully read the information published on the download page. The payment is for support, and it's pretty clearly stated, IMHO. We all have to beware, read things twice, caveat emptor, stuff like that.

• Moderators

cazboy please note that stanford is not the first to have paid for ccleaner thinking he had to buy it, (nor the last I bet).

I think it could be made a bit clearer on the website than it is

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

cazboy please note that stanford is not the first to have paid for ccleaner thinking he had to buy it, (nor the last I bet).

I think it could be made a bit clearer on the website than it is

Hazelnut & stanford - you are quite right! I was not trying to be "smart-aleck" or insulting in any way. Especially since I just started posting here! You are right - the website could stand to be a bit clearer what its intended meaning is. I guess I'm just used to all the duplicitous and misleading tactics, so I approach most websites with a skeptical eye.

Again, my sincere apologies.

It is clear but I guess you just have to put next to "Priority Support" something like (Optional) or separate it entirely from the "Download CCleaner Installer" part and put it below.

I actually thought that he'd been duped by some ignominious website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I bought CCleaner. Two weeks later, there was an updated version for only $24.95. I let it go for awhile, then paid for it, too. A few weeks later, there is another updated version to buy. Does it ever end? Why not just update paid users for free, for a year?

I agree.

It is confusing.

Especially for newcomers to the site.

Perhaps they can make 2 buttons of equal size, & label one for download (freeware) & the other for Priority Support (Payware)?

Just my 2 cents. Let me hear the heat!