CCleaner Community Forums
Icedrake

Hosts File Update

I did mine via Hostman updater and it shows 05/01/11. So, something is out of kilter

I did mine via Hostman updater and it shows 05/01/11. So, something is out of kilter

Yes, something weird is going on. The latest update date shown on their site is 03-30-11, but according to HostsMan, it's been updated twice since then, most recently on 05-01-11. Strange.

An explanation at last... they have moved servers

http://msmvps.com/blogs/hostsnews/archive/2011/05/03/1792640.aspx

I don't use Hostman but you will have to edit your source there to get updates from the new server.

Hostman is already using the new server. I have had updates on the 30th and on the 5th but both were the same number of sites so I guess it was the same definitions or just some minor adjustment

Hostman is already using the new server. I have had updates on the 30th and on the 5th but both were the same number of sites so I guess it was the same definitions or just some minor adjustment

Have you changed your server settings in HostsMan? I have not, yet I still received the updates on those two days.

Have you changed your server settings in HostsMan? I have not, yet I still received the updates on those two days.

No but it is already connecting to the new server

hpHosts updated 05-25-11 (a lot of domains added)

Link???? Site still shows older file >>> Download: hosts.zip [right-click - Select: Save Target As] [updated May-09-2011]

Link???? Site still shows older file >>> Download: hosts.zip [right-click - Select: Save Target As] [updated May-09-2011]

He said hpHosts had been updated not MVPS

ROFL :P