Adobe Flash cookies not completely CCleaned ?

Suman

CCleaner appears to clean flash cookies, but references to the websites whose flash cookies have supposedly been removed by CCleaner remain on the Adobe flash player settings manager after CCleaning ...

post-41688-051788700 1292585728_thumb.png

Are these website references just empty folders ?, or should they have been removed by CCleaner ?.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums Suman. :)

Do you have those sites listed in 'Cookies to Keep'? If so they would be located and listed here in CCleaner:

Options -> Cookies

That's about the only thing I can think of why CCleaner wouldn't remove them.

• Moderators

those cookie are gone however yes flash will still remember the sites. This is discussed much and the only way to remove one entry (other than through the screen you refer) is to remove ALL entries by deleting settings.sol from

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Do you have those sites listed in 'Cookies to Keep'?

The Yahoo login cookie was the only one I deliberately kept.

When regular (not flash) cookies are cleaned not a trace remains.

So I was just concerned about the references to the websites remaining in the "Adobe flash player settings manager" after CCleaning flash cookies, (e.g. Google mail).

Thanks Nergal and Andavari

Hi, could you please tell me how you got that screenshot? I think it is in adobe flash player settings. I checked my program, flash player is there, I can't find way to open adobe flash player settings. step by step instruction please.

CCleaner appears to clean flash cookies, but references to the websites whose flash cookies have supposedly been removed by CCleaner remain on the Adobe flash player settings manager after CCleaning ...

post-41688-051788700 1292585728_thumb.png

Are these website references just empty folders ?, or should they have been removed by CCleaner ?.

Hi, I have adobe acrobat installed. There is a feature "web capture" under "advanced". Every time it make a PDF file from a web site, the url recorded on the list. ccleaner does not clean that list.

Is something I need to do specifically in the settings, ccleaner's or acrobat?

Thanks in advance for all your input.

those cookie are gone however yes flash will still remember the sites. This is discussed much and the only way to remove one entry (other than through the screen you refer) is to remove ALL entries by deleting settings.sol from

%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys