Inactive gumbs

snovic

Thanks for replies guys.

This error does not occur constantly on my Lap. Sometimes after starting CCleaner everything is all right, and buttons are available immediately.

That's why I thought that maybe there is something wrong with my laptop, but I see that others have the same problem.

And I must say, this problem occur to me first time with latest version. Never before I haven't this "problem".

And what difference is between slim and usual exe instalation file?Does this affect the options which CCleaner have?

• Moderators

I'm also a little confused as to why they are suggesting the slim build. The Slim Build is just the installer without the Google toolbar/Chrome Browser installer. Maybe they meant to point you to the Portable Build (a little further down that page) which will run from any folder.

I would try to download the Portable build extract it to your desktop and run it from there. Please report back if this still encounters the same delay.

Am I correct in assuming that " sec gumbs " means Seconds (a short period of time)? Also, I fixed your last post, because the word you used (which I replaced with "guys" ) means something entirely different, and could be construed and rude/offensive, though I am quite aware this was not your intent but instead a failure in translation.

Can you also tell us what security programs you are running as one of them might be scanning ccleaner before it begins and thus causing a delay. Also it would help us to know the processor and ram on your computer, as well as for us to make sure you have Windows XP fully Patched (to at least Service Pack 3).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

... Also it would help us to know the processor and ram on your computer, as well as for us to make sure you have Windows XP fully Patched (to at least Service Pack 3).

Thank you for corecting my (bad english) post. Here are requred:

=======================================================

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional (I have licence, OS isn't patched)

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name PITAGORA

System Manufacturer TOSHIBA

System Model 000000

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel ~1828 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date TOSHIBA Version 3.40, 12/03/2007

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale Serbia and Montenegro

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.5512 (xpsp.080413-2111)"

User Name PITAGORA\Suad

Time Zone Central Europe Standard Time

Total Physical Memory 1,536.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 807.33 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.95 GB

Page File Space 3.35 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

==============================================

And I use Avira AntiVir Personal, always activ. Also have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, with protection modul inactiv most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the slim version installed, and I have observed the same thing in the laster CC version.

Me too

the last release (always slim since years) takes some few seconds before being active

in each of my 3 (different) computers

(7/11)

.!-!-!-!.

EsseCi @ logoyn.png

Hi everyone,

CCleaner v3.01.1327 main UI loads faster than previous versions because initial software detection is being executed as a background task. The "Analyze" and "Run Cleaner" buttons will be enabled as soon as "Windows" and "Applications" tabs finish loading.

Thanks

MrT