Defraggler Boot Time Defrag Doesn't Start on Windows 7 Pro

pook1y7985

I am using Windows 7 Professional and when I tell Defraggler to run a boot time defrag it reboots my system and the command line Defraggler starts flashes for a second and then Windows continues to load. It doesn't appear to be defragging my system at all. After running another analysis my drive is still just as fragmented. Anyone else having this issue?

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I believe the developers are currently working on recreating and fixing this bug. Just to make sure you are all running the latest version of defraggler, please post your version number. (Go to Help>about in defraggler)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring up a slightly older thread but, the threadstarter described exactly what happens on my windows XP SP3 when I tried a boot time defrag, I am running the latest version of Defraggler (V2.01.239), is there any news or fixes for this issue? I looked over the Docs to see if I could find anything about it but found nothing, just to make sure this wasn't some common issue that's been sorted many a time before. I like defraggler, and I think it would be nice if this feuture worked :)

~Peace

• 4 weeks later...

OK it seems a lot of you don't understand what Defraggler's boot-time defrag is doing. If you select it it doesn't defragment the enitre drive at system startup only those that are normally locked becuase they are in use, like pagefile.sys (the page file) and some of the files in Windows\system32\config. So if your computer doesn't have any of these fragmented files then boot-time defrag will do nothing.