CCleaner v3.0

MrG

• Admin

cc_128.pngSince its initial release in 2004, CCleaner has been the market-leading cleaning tool for Windows PCs. We are proud to announce the release of CCleaner v3.0! This release includes a multitude of features and changes, but don't worry we haven't changed the interface too much, so you'll still know how to use it. :)Changes include:

• A new 64-bit native EXE designed specifically for 64-bit systems.
  • A new Drive Wiper tool screen under the Tools section, which allows users to securely erase the contents or free space on a specified drive.
  • Improved support for Internet Explorer 9 and the Google Chrome browsers.
  • We have also added improved cleaning support for HTML5 database storage, allowing CCleaner to effectively manage the next generation of web applications.
  • Additional cleaning support for Microsoft Silverlight Isolated Storage.
  • We've added three new environment variables (%SystemDirectory%, %SystemDirectory32%, and %SystemDirectory64%).
  • New application icon.
  • New Intelligent cookie keeping feature.
  • and more...

You can download CCleaner 3.0 now at www.piriform.com/ccleaner

P.S. Are you on Facebook?Become our friend at facebook.com/Piriform

View the full blog post

My Win 7 pinned icon wasn't changed... I have to do it manually... :(

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

If you're using a x64 Win7, the exe is named CCleaner64, so the pinned icon can't change - and I don't think programs can pin themselves to the Taskbar. :unsure:

Piriform French translator

Wipe Free Space is now a "Tool" as pointed out above, but it's now in three different sections of CCleaner.

It's still in "Options\Settings", "CCleaner\Windows\Advanced", and now "Tools".

Confusing.

Which is why I suggested removing it from settings and cleaner: http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=30318 :)

Installation, today, of CCleaner V 3.00.1303 (28/10/2010) on my old and poor MS Windows ME (Millenium Edition) machine fails.

The advertising message is: "ccleaner requires Windows 2000 or later.".

Until now the ccleaner updating was correct. The last level is V 2.36.1223.

Could you confirm that Version 3 is not for Win ME machines ?

Well, WinME has a completely different kernel than Win2000. I guess devs didn't want to put time and effort into supporting a nearly-unused OS.

But you're right, something should be done about this: http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/introducing-ccleaner/system-requirements

x86 installation is still there... why? the installer should move the important file to new clean installation on Win 7 x64 installation folder, install the new files and erase the old ones...

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

x86 installation is still there... why? the installer should move the important file to new clean installation on Win 7 x64 installation folder, install the new files and erase the old ones...

Actually, it does use the x64 Program Files folder, but only if it's not an update. :huh:

• Moderators

•  
  • Pressing the Advanced button in the Installer allows for Install for only this user or for all users :)
  • Yahoo Toolbar has Been replaced by Google Toolbar
  • Option to show initial results in detailed form
  • Delete added to startup entry screen
  • I agree with Dennis

Wipe Free Space is now a "Tool" as pointed out above, but it's now in three different sections of CCleaner.

It's still in "Options\Settings", "CCleaner\Windows\Advanced", and now "Tools".

Confusing.

•  
  • Winapp2.ini can you (along with me and any one else) go through the embedded (when they are posted) and cull Winapp2.ini (the file not person ;) ) (i.e. Games explorer is close to your Games statistics Entry not completely but close)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

I don't like any of the new icons and images, they look crap. Pirform revert back to the old ones or have some guy who is good at art create them for you, the new ones really suck.

That is a matter of opinion I think. Personally I don't like the "brush" icon, however the others look much better IMO.

I'm Shane.

Actually, it does use the x64 Program Files folder, but only if it's not an update. :huh:

Indeed, what is not correct IMO

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

No, actually.

Mine had the older icon pinned on the taskbar but when I rebooted the computer, it automatically changed itself on the newer version without having to remove and replace it from there.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Here is my opinion on CCleaner v.3.

The standard installer build prompts you in you like to include Google Chrome.

The icons have changed but I do like the older icons better because they are smoother for the eye and the new ones are just a bit rough.

No major redesign on the user interface besides the icons and maybe the text.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

Many thanks Piriform....keep up the good work. :P

My two penneth worth......Looks great, works well, like the addition of "Tools", installed on both XP Pro SP3 and Windows 7 (32 bit) the installation was text book and installed in the same location and removed previous version. :P

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• 2 weeks later...