Computer Make and Model

keyboardNinja

Is it possible you can add the computer's manufacturer and model (like you can get from msinfo32.exe) to the list of things Speccy reports (and publishes)?

Knowing the hardware is great, but sometimes when helping someone, we need the brand and model to be able to point to the right drivers and such. Having all that (brand and model) in the published report would be fantastic. :)

Thanks,

keyboardNinja

The motherboard manufacturer is more important than the computer manufacturer when it comes to drivers. The "Summary" page reports the manufacturer and model number, and the "Motherboard" page reports the manufacturer and model number as well as the chipset vendor and model.

I generally find that searching for the manufacturer's web page, finding their downloads page and then searching for the reported model number gets me what I need faster than just trying to Google the motherboard model.

Hope that helps. Only used Speccy a couple of times but its looking like an amazing tool!

Well, the motherboard manufacturer isn't always the computer manufacturer. Typically I'm helping individuals with OEM computers (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Asus, etc.), and I need to find the exact brand and model to point to the right drivers to install. Searching by motherboard is a waste of time, and asking the owner rarely works.

I come across custom builds occasionally, but don't usually deal with them (somebody else will always know more than I do about customs).

It seems like it would be a simple thing to just add the brand and model in the summary page. It would make my job a lot easier.

Hopefully this will be implemented in a new release soon. :)