Legitimate reg key deletion - Please fix

dbcch

Hi,

I am the author of Process Lasso. I once had an issue with CCleaner deleting a registry key related to Process Lasso, and you fixed that rapidly -- thank you.

Now I have had another different set of user reports of CCleaner deleting either HKLM\Software\ProcessLasso and maybe HKCU\Software\ProcessLasso. This is a DIFFERENT key than was reported last time. The program files install folder, and application name, are "Process Lasso" (with the space) .. so perhaps that is throwing off the algorithm you're using to guess if a key is obsolete? I did NOT confirm these user reports myself, but they seemed legitimate enough to report to you.

Thank you very much for the great software and support.

Jeremy Collake

Bitsum Technologies

• Moderators

In the meantime whilst waiting for a fix here's some info to pass along to your users to exclude Process Lasso:

How to exclude Process Lasso in CCleaner:

1. Launch CCleaner.

2. Click: Options->Exclude

3. Click: Add->Registry Key->Browse

4. In the drop down box on the left select HKCU, now input on the right: Software\ProcessLasso

5. Click: OK

6. In the drop down box on the left select HKLM, now input on the right: Software\ProcessLasso

7. Click: OK

8. Close CCleaner for the new exclusions to be saved.

If there's any files or folders that also need excluding you could add in those instructions too.

Edit:

I've moved this topic to the Bug Reporting section of the forum!

• Moderators

Sounds like you need to figure out how come your software is not properly registering with the registry. Believe me, you have a bigger issue than you think if CCleaner's Reg cleaner (oft called the most gentle registry cleaner) is finding these entries.

Might I ask why the reg key and the program name are different? Also I don't think (??) this should cause this issue, but I will leave it to the Developers to comment on that.

Also, I could NOT recreate this issue (makes it hard to troubleshoot) what install options are these users using? What Operating System (I tested on a winXP SP3 fully patched.) I tested with ProcessLasso 3.84.8 as downloaded from Cnet.com

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com