Post DeskTop

Inu-Ya

yeah, i make them for myself. i use icons that are not mine, so therefore i cant distribute it.

@JohnDemolition: i use an app called reshacker and open the system files i wanna change (like shell32.dll, mydocs.dll etc.) and then replace them.

but i dont recommend doing it if you have no clue what you are doing. if you do anything wrong, you can destroy the whole OS.

trust me, i have tried and failed many times LOL..but i think it's fun..and besides, you actually learn alot by doing this kind of stuff:)

of course you can get programs that do this for you like icon packager, windowblinds etc, but i dislike having many apps using resources in the background just to make it look cool.

yeah, i make them for myself. i use icons that are not mine, so therefore i cant distribute it.

@JohnDemolition: i use an app called reshacker and open the system files i wanna change (like shell32.dll, mydocs.dll etc.) and then replace them.

but i dont recommend doing it if you have no clue what you are doing. if you do anything wrong, you can destroy the whole OS.

trust me, i have tried and failed many times LOL..but i think it's fun..and besides, you actually learn alot by doing this kind of stuff:)

of course you can get programs that do this for you like icon packager, windowblinds etc, but i dislike having many apps using resources in the background just to make it look cool.

24153[/snapback]

I see what you mean :rolleyes:

Thats cool. If I were to do it. I'm sure I could do it. <_<

Thats a cool background. :)

You guys kill me with not having any icons though. The whole point of the desktop is quick access to programs. :P

24386[/snapback]

That is the point of having a desktop yes but that is also the point for having a dock application. In my case Rk Launcher why would you have both? A dock gives you access to all the programs you way other wise have on your desktop in a clean little skin able interface.

That is why tho because Rk Launcher does use so little resources i mean i just checked it out via Process Explorer it reported rk launcher as using 0 cpu and 5.5mb of ram. And surely if you have a load of icons on your desktop windows still has to draw them anyway does it not?

Amongst the anti virus. firewall, anti spyware, messenger program, music player and web browser that more or less everyone has running such a small amount of resources does not matter.

• Moderators

Why use that program when you can just line your icons along the bottom of the screen? Maybe I'm missing something but from what I can tell everything those programs do I can do without it.

To be honest though I dont give a crap what my desktop looks like as long as its organized.