CPU Temp reading

Tedwoodc

Speccy uses WMI Classes to extract CPU temperature this method isn't compatible with older Pentium 4 or Celeon (old) processors.

To read their temperature would require access the SMBus and probing the appropriate registers which should be easy to code :)

speccy_vs_speedfan_vs_everest.jpg

Considering the number of other programs that support these CPUs e.g. SpeedFan and Everest Home Edition it would be rather disappointing for Speccy not to support such old basic hardware.

Richard S.

I have a Celeron 440. Speccy and SpeedFan agree that my CPU is 48?C currently, so Speccy appears to be compatible with the C.440, unless both programs are incorrect. I know that the C.331 is several years older than the 440, which may be why yours isn't reading.

The 331 was first released Sep 2004, the 440 in June 2007.

The Celeron brand is Intel's budget line of processors the name can be confusing because it's been used since the time of Pentium II all the way to Core 2 Duo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celeron

The Celeron 331 aka Prescott is comparable to the Pentium 4 processor and thus not supported by Speccy.

Richard S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...