System Restore-Windows Vista

cblackink

I apologize in advance if this is covered elsewhere...I just can't locate it and am exhausted. Anyway, I have a computer that runs Windows Vista. I am trying for the first time ever to run system restore. I have tried three different restore points and I keep getting an error message that says it was not successful and "an unspecified error occurred during system restore". I use Windows Vista Home Premium. Any help would be fantastic. Thanks in advance.

If Kroozer's excellent suggestion doesn't work, can I ask if you are trying to do a restore because of malware/virus problems?

I'm not certain if this problem was caused by malware or a virus. Suddenly, I'm no longer able to see images in HTML emails. I have no problem opening pictures saved on my hard drive, just images in emails. It could be due to a virus or other issue. I'm very frustrated at the idea of having to use "safe mode" just to run system restore. I've never had a problem like this one before (although over the years, I've had many others). I've just never been unable to run system restore.

• Moderators

Might be an idea to check on the virus/malware side of things.

Follow what steps you are able to here and post any logs you have managed to do in the Spyware Hell area of the forum where our spyware mod will see if there are any problems

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=20120

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not certain if this problem was caused by malware or a virus. Suddenly, I'm no longer able to see images in HTML emails. I have no problem opening pictures saved on my hard drive, just images in emails. It could be due to a virus or other issue. I'm very frustrated at the idea of having to use "safe mode" just to run system restore. I've never had a problem like this one before (although over the years, I've had many others). I've just never been unable to run system restore.

The key here, is to find out IF it is in the system settings, or truly a virus.

What browser do you use? If IE, try downloading & installing Firefox. IF Firefox, try IE.

This will help locate the source of the problem. Sometimes settings on a PC can change, so by trying an alternate browser, we can see if it might be a settings change or malware.

Post back here if you can see images in HTML emails using another browser.

Regards,

Don