CCleaner Community Forums
rabbit

Remove Applications from CCleaner

I have uninstalled with Revo the Yahoo Toolbar and also AVG virus software; but both still show up under the Applications tab in CCleaner. How do I go about removing those entries?

Thanks

BTW; anyone have opinions as to MS Security Essentials vs. AVG Free, with respect to catching the bad stuff? (I'll post in different sub-forum if this is wrong place).

Remove the registry entries for those, Revo mustn't have done it properly.

[opinion]Microsoft Security Essentials is amazing[fact], it recently won the VB100 award.

Remove the registry entries for those, Revo mustn't have done it properly.

[opinion]Microsoft Security Essentials is amazing[fact], it recently won the VB100 award.

Well I have gone into regedit and removed every entry I could find for YahooToolbar and did a reboot, but it still shows up in CCleaner (haven't done anything for AVG yet). Also did a scan with Glary Registry tool and removed what was listed as invalid entries.

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall CCleaner?

Thanks for the words about Security Essentials; I liked AVG, but seemed to be a resource hog.

Well I have gone into regedit and removed every entry I could find for YahooToolbar and did a reboot, but it still shows up in CCleaner (haven't done anything for AVG yet). Also did a scan with Glary Registry tool and removed what was listed as invalid entries.

Do I need to uninstall/reinstall CCleaner?

Thanks for the words about Security Essentials; I liked AVG, but seemed to be a resource hog.

For yahoo toolbar remove HKCurrentUser\Software\Yahoo\Companion that's the key that CCLeaner uses to dectect if Yahoo is installed

For AVG, depended on what version you had Look for

HKLocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Grisoft\Avg7

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg8

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg9

For yahoo toolbar remove HKCurrentUser\Software\Yahoo\Companion that's the key that CCLeaner uses to dectect if Yahoo is installed

For AVG, depended on what version you had Look for

HKLocalMachine\SOFTWARE\Grisoft\Avg7

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg8

HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG\Avg9

Thanks so much, got rid of Yahoo toolbar and will do AVG tommorrow.

Again I think community forums are the best source of reliable information.