What do you want in CCleaner 3.0

ishan_rulz

I would not a happy camper with no XP support.

Mircosoft is supporting XP til 2014 why would CCleaner stop before then, that would not be smart.

Also, I guarantee the 2014 support date will be extended, they always are.

Win7's success is greatly exaggerated, downgrading happens a lot, but it's still reported as a new Win7 sale. Just around 6 months ago I bought 2 new Dells with Win7, but downgrade rights with XP Pro pre-installed.

I would not a happy camper with no XP support.

Mircosoft is supporting XP til 2014 why would CCleaner stop before then, that would not be smart.

Also, I guarantee the 2014 support date will be extended, they always are.

Win7's success is greatly exaggerated, downgrading happens a lot, but it's still reported as a new Win7 sale. Just around 6 months ago I bought 2 new Dells with Win7, but downgrade rights with XP Pro pre-installed.

The 2014 support is for security fixes - not new functionality nor bugfixes. Even MS has began dropping support for XP with IE9 and WLE 2011. And this limit will not be extended. All programmers want XP to die.

And I don't know anyone who actually used his downgrade rights. Unless you have serious proof, I don't believe it "happens a lot".

Piriform French translator

• Moderators

I would like see "Delete web SQL tatabases" in Delete Private Data changed to "Delete web SQL databases," as I assume that is what's meant. If anything knows what a tatabase is, please let me know.

Where is 'delete private data' mentioned in ccleaner?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Also I think a tatabase might be a database not a tatabase o__O

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

That instantly made me think of Tata Motors the car brand, and then I thought it would be hard word to squeeze a car into CCleaner.:lol: Nevermind.:lol:

I was very tempted to photoshop a car into the results pane of ccleaner when I saw this, but then decided I was entirely too lazy to open the start menu and google a picture of a car.

I would like to see an option to clean the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties\Notification Area\Customize Notification Icons. I have one item (SuperAntiSpyware) listed ten times, and others of uninstalled programs. <_<

Edited: Solved with posts 69 and 70 below.

• Moderators

I would like to see an option to clean the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties\Notification Area\Customize Notification Icons. I have one item (SuperAntiSpyware) listed ten times, and others of uninstalled programs. <_<

Am I misreading this (I tried a number of times) but doesn't Tray Notifications cache do that? or are you asking for a more particular one (like the cookies and startup section)?

If so than +1 (I don't much care for the all or nothing approch in tray notification cache)

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

- - - doesn't Tray Notifications cache do that?

Nope. Ticking Tray Notifications Cache (and reboot) had no change. Win Vista.

So I don't know exactly what cleaning Tray Notifications Cache does.

Maybe it cleans out old balloons, although I see no reason for caching them.

Edited: Solved with posts 69 and 70 below.

• Moderators

So I don't know exactly what cleaning Tray Notifications Cache does.

On WinXP it removes Customize Notifications - the systray icons settings next to the clock. It also gets rid of icons from software uninstalled ages ago which had tray icons such as a previously used antivirus or firewall. Explorer.exe has to be manually end-tasked after using it though then started again, and then a reboot is necessary for any new customizations to stick.

Thanks Andavari, it worked on my Vista, but not exactly as you described. After end-tasking (End Process) Explorer.exe under Processes, could not retask, so I had to shut down with the box power button and power up. Custom Notification Icons list shows all but one past item (Windows Task Manager because I just opened it) gone.

Starting anew with a clean list. :)

On WinXP it removes Customize Notifications - the systray icons settings next to the clock. It also gets rid of icons from software uninstalled ages ago which had tray icons such as a previously used antivirus or firewall. Explorer.exe has to be manually end-tasked after using it though then started again, and then a reboot is necessary for any new customizations to stick.

I didn't knew CCleaner does that! I use a .reg file...

Browsing with Opera browser elegance and mastery.

Newer interface and improved cleaning that burrows deeper into your directories to remove orphaned files and folders. That's what I want.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

If you run CCleaner v.5.4.1 from a desktop shortcut and choose Analyze, you will get the message "Proceeding will perform the actions specified below:

Obliterate the following Chrome items

Clear browsing and download history

Empty the cache

Delete cookies

Delete web local storage

Deleter web SQL tatabase

The options below the list include Help, Cancel, and Delete Private Data.