Avast Behaviour Shield

Fluffy

Hi

Has anyone else who uses Avast noticed infections on thier behaviour shield ?I checked mine and if you look back it has shown infections but MBAM,Avast and superantispyware show nothing.

If you look at this thread others are having the same problem and waiting for Avast to give an answer

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=61342.0

• Moderators

Yes, I noticed it when I used to use Avast 5, and thought it was a bug. The problem showed up maybe two months ago after a program update (not a definition file update).

I noticed it would report 1 infection randomly about once per week in that graph it shows for the statistics, but rather oddly that's the only area it showed up in the program. It showed absolutely nothing in the log files, etc., and after scanning the whole computer Avast would state it was all clean.

Same as Andavari.

Graph shows red lines, log files for those dates tell nothing, computer is not infected.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

What is pointless about having the seven shields to protect us from malware?

If you get infected that much to need 7 sheilds then id be worried. Iv never even bothered with a AV on my laptop

No fate but what we make

If you get infected that much to need 7 sheilds then id be worried. Iv never even bothered with a AV on my laptop

It's just protection. Just because you have more shields on doesn't mean you get infected more often. I have all of my avast shields on, along with MBAM and Spyware Blaster, and I rarely get infected.

• Moderators

How is Avast these days?

You're best to try it for yourself to draw your own conclusions. Where it may work perfectly fine on some computers, other computers it doesn't get along with - but the same could probably be said with most av software.

Are you using Avast 5 or 4? I can't seem to find a P2P shield in Avast 5.

Find it here :

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

I think you just hit the nail on the head there Andavari, what works well on some peoples machines, doesn't work well on other peoples.

Avast ( which as we all know is a very good av) doesn't seem to agree with my machine, it gives it indigestion I think!

Avira gives no problems, but I know doesn't work for other people.

MSE works good for me and Emsisoft anti-malware which I'm trialing now is ok-ish will have to wait and see I think.

The avast shield issue is an interesting one, keep us updated Fluffy.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Avast ( which as we all know is a very good av) doesn't seem to agree with my machine, it gives it indigestion I think!

I don't know what it is with Avast but on my system it just created problems, on my mothers laptop it ran perfectly fine. Could be down to some drivers, etc.

I don't think Alwil (the makers of Avast) have completely sorted the issue with Aladdin/Sentinel HASP License Manager which during the initial public release of Avast 5 would cause a BSOD during startup if the two were on the same computer, which would result into no choice but to uninstall Avast 5 in safe mode. Still with whatever fix they've did I don't think the two merrily co-exist but instead are somewhat bickering when on the same system however that HASP License Manager is required to use some uber expensive commercial software so Avast 5 being freeware just had to go.