Alternative to Microsoft "Hot Mail"

tommyk

If anyone has seen my thread about my hotmail being hijacked I was wondering if there is an alternative to Microsoft's "Hot Mail" Apparently Microsoft's hotmail has problems.

Is there a safer alternative to Microsoft to set up an easy to use "hotmail" account?

Thanks

• Moderators

Hi tommy.

There are some good web mail alternatives to Microsofts "Hotmail", but as far as I'm aware, there isn't another variety of "Hotmail". Windows "Live Mail" is the same thing under a different name.

That's the way your question reads, but if you just want a good alternative, I'd suggest one of the following.

Yahoo Mail.

GMail.

Opera Mail.

I use all three, and for me they've been spam free.

Hope that helps.

I was looking for another e-mail provider other than my Thunderbird e-mail I use for personal correspondence. I used "hotmail" to correspond with others that I don't want my "home" e-mail address known.

Something I can log onto away from home and still use e-mail.

I've heard gmail was good but have no idea on it's use, so I was looking for some feed-back on a safer alternative to Microsoft's Hot Mail.

• Moderators

Yahoo, GMail and Opera are all good "Web Mail" alternatives to Hotmail, and in the time I've used them, I've never had a problem.

They all basically work in the same way, and you can log on to them from any computer.

Thunderbird is an "email client", which as you probably know is a computer program you use to manage your mail from your desktop. You can read it on line or download it to your PC.

I don't use an eMail client, so I couldn't reliably recommend any, but there are some alternatives to Thunderbird mentioned in that link.

I'm sure you'll get some more input on alternatives, if it's a different "email client" you want.

Hope that helps.

• Moderators

Another vote for GMail here Tommy.

Easy to sign up to, deals with the spam before you get it, and has quite a few good features such as being able to see which IP address last accessed your messages. If it's not you, then you'd know you had problems :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Neutral vote.

I use Yahoo because it allows to sort by sender, date, other fields, (Gmail does not but it has been requested often). Am considering changing. Yahoo has slowed down a lot lately, I think ?? because of tons of ads. Also because, this is silly, but Gmail allows you to save animated gifs from the page, and Yahoo only presents them as bitmap files. Told you it is silly. :lol:

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

Tommyk, I also vote for Gmail, have been using since inception, overall very happy.

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• 3 weeks later...

Neutral vote.

I use Yahoo because it allows to sort by sender, date, other fields, (Gmail does not but it has been requested often). Am considering changing. Yahoo has slowed down a lot lately, I think ?? because of tons of ads. Also because, this is silly, but Gmail allows you to save animated gifs from the page, and Yahoo only presents them as bitmap files. Told you it is silly. :lol:

I've used both, prefer Yahoo, have several accounts for mail, sports, junk.

I love sports, premium cigars, among other things....GO BROWNS, INDIANS (yeah I'm a die hard), BUCKEYES, YSU, NAVY.....and ND.