Multiple Hard drives

rcp623

• Moderators

Maybe I'm naive, but IMHO this is begining to be more of a flame war and less answering the OP's question, which actually seems to have been Answered.

If the OP doesn't reply in the next few days, I'm going to stop watching this topic, I've stayed because I've been wanting to aid him/her.

That said, I feel like Both Alan and Pierre are fighting here, and have three times now felt like reporting it. I haven't because maybe they are making valid point, I just don't see them, in their multiple long bear poking posts.

Nuff said, just my opinion :huh::blink:

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Maybe I'm naive, but IMHO this is begining to be more of a flame war and less answering the OP's question, which actually seems to have been Answered.

If the OP doesn't reply in the next few days, I'm going to stop watching this topic, I've stayed because I've been wanting to aid him/her.

That said, I feel like Both Alan and Pierre are fighting here, and have three times now felt like reporting it. I haven't because maybe they are making valid point, I just don't see them, in their multiple long bear poking posts.

Thank you.

I think of you as the school prefect come behind the bicycle sheds to rescue me from the school bully ! !

I offered advice on 9th August to the O/P which involved the use of the recycle bin.

Six days later there was a point raised about the safety of trusting the recycle bin.

A point which I countered.

Starting from 20th August Pierres chose to make it personal.

Pierres seems to be pursuing a vendetta against me that has spilt over from what had been technical issues in

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=29092&st=40

There I gave solid evidence that sometimes special temporary files need to be available after BOOT-UP,

and that CCleaner will clean these files regardless of the 48 hours age protection for TEMP files.

He will not even concede his error in saying it is 24 hours protection.

I will listen to and either concede or counter his arguments so others will not be misled.

I am happy for these topics to be locked - 2 and 3 page topics which could have been 1 page without these arguments.

If this is locked the O/P can always P.M. for additional advice from who ever he thinks can help.

Regards

Alan

You are perfectly correct. For some reason I don't understand, Alan seems to take everything I say as a personal attack. I've decided to put an end to the pointless bickering.

"Do not mock the crocodile until you've finished crossing the river" (African proverb)

• Moderators

Hallelujah to that.

I won't close this thread as that would be discourteous to rcp623, who may want to post his future findings here.

And with all due respect to the other members in this thread, and without taking sides, I'll simply delete any posts which in any way continue the "debate".

:)