Erunt and system restore

Eli

Hi

Does working with ERUNT on a regular daily basis interfere in anyway with system restore in WIN XP SP 3 ?

Could be any conflict between these ?

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

• Moderators

No conflicts that I've ever encountered, however I try to keep my System Restore points current to when I made an ERUNT backup, i.e.; after uninstalling software, or after updating software such as Windows Updates.

The advantage of ERUNT is that it can really save you if a System Restore point ever fails, at least with ERUNT you can get a good working registry back.

No conflicts that I've ever encountered, however I try to keep my System Restore points current to when I made an ERUNT backup, i.e.; after uninstalling software, or after updating software such as Windows Updates.

The advantage of ERUNT is that it can really save you if a System Restore point ever fails, at least with ERUNT you can get a good working registry back.

Hi Andvari ,the event you described is the exact reason that evoked this question.

In my understanding, the system restore point,should always be made after ERUNT backup is made otherwise , the system restore will get us to the point prior to ERUNT backup !

• Moderators

the system restore point,should always be made after ERUNT backup is made

Exactly! That's what I do since System Restore would wipe out any ERUNT backups made before the System Restore point was made. That's one reason it's good to let ERUNT automatically make a daily registry backup then you don't have to worry about it or forget to make a backup.

Exactly! That's what I do since System Restore would wipe out any ERUNT backups made before the System Restore point was made. That's one reason it's good to let ERUNT automatically make a daily registry backup then you don't have to worry about it or forget to make a backup.

Yes, but still before any "play`n around" with the system ,I`d make a manual ERUNT backup + SYS restore point right after that and then I`ll do whatever I`d like ,safely enough....

I have ERUNT set to automatically backup my registry each day with every "first boot up" of the day. I have mine set to retain a total of seven registry backup sets. This process automatically rotates out the oldest backup and replaces it with the newest, so I always current backups for the last seven days. In addition, I periodically (but rather frequently) create manual System Restore points.

• Moderators

Like you TomAZ I let ERUNT do its own thing automatically, and then I manually make a System Restore Point everyday. I also do what Eli referred to about manually making an ERUNT and System Restore Point before trying out software.