Leaving favicons untouched?

mekd

Is it possible to delete cookies without wiping out all favicons?

If I have several tabs open in my IE browser and run CCleaner then all the favicons in the tabs are gone (probably because CCleaner wiped out the cookies or something) and only when I restart the browser and the program reload the pages from the web sites the favicons are displayed again.

I couldn't find an option in CCleaner to change that. Is it possible?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure, but I would guess that you have checkmarked Temporary Internet Files under CCleaner's Internet Explorer options? That might explain why the site favicons disappear if you run CCleaner while you have IE opened and running. I would recommend running CCleaner only when your web browsers are closed in order to avoid the issue you describe.

I use Avant Browser for normal browsing and have IE8 for rare occasions. Whenever I run CCleaner, whatever the status of my browser, all the favicons are gone. I should like to add my request for this to be an option in a future release but I am happy to avoid the problem by adding the appropriate folder to the Exclude list in CCleaner.

Only, I just can't find the right folder despite a search with hidden folders displayed. Would some kind person please tell me the path to the folder that holds my Avant Broswer favicons? I will be most grateful.