XP SP2 is dead.

Aethec

Anyway, in four years no program will be supporting XP.

My feeling is that before the four years are over, there will be an SP4, maybe even an SP5. I will be sticking with my two XP computers as long as I can, as they do not have the hardware to upgrade to W7. (But the W2K computers will have to go soon.)

My feeling is that before the four years are over, there will be an SP4, maybe even an SP5. I will be sticking with my two XP computers as long as I can, as they do not have the hardware to upgrade to W7. (But the W2K computers will have to go soon.)

No there won't be. MS is not stupid. XP is in extended support. That means "no more SPs".:rolleyes:

Piriform French translator

Annoyed that they look for any excuse to stagnate. I know many people still using XP. In fact still using IE 6. Money is not their problem. Having to use their brain is the problem. Can't be bothered to learn anything. Sit in front of the computer hours at a time blankly staring at the monitor playing moron games. Some of them have been using computers for a decade or more and don't know any more now than they knew 10 years ago. When they have a problem they come crying to me. When I try to show them how to fix what are very basic issues they can't be bothered to watch and learn. They just want you to fix it so they can go back to be total jerk offs and play their idiotic games. I'm sure everybody here knows some one like that. Well MS needs to cut this dead weight loose. I have started to. It's time these people realize computers are a major part of life and society now. I would say not being able to use a computer is almost as bad as being illiterate today and it will become even more important as time goes on.

I play games that are a few years old. Are you saying that I'm an idiot just because I play a game that's old? Please! I don't need any more nonsense. :rolleyes: I'm also not a jerk just because I play an older game every once in a while for nostalgia. For your last comment about illiteracy, would you say that people in third world countries that may know how to read and write but don't know how to use a computer are illiterate?

I certainly won't stay in XP forever, and I can always install Windows 7 on my newer computer, but your comments about the stupidity of people that stay on XP just don't add up.

I play games that are a few years old. Are you saying that I'm an idiot just because I play a game that's old? Please! I don't need any more nonsense. :rolleyes: I'm also not a jerk just because I play an older game every once in a while for nostalgia. For your last comment about illiteracy, would you say that people in third world countries that may know how to read and write but don't know how to use a computer are illiterate?

I certainly won't stay in XP forever, and I can always install Windows 7 on my newer computer, but your comments about the stupidity of people that stay on XP just don't add up.

Do you think you could twist my words any more than you have? I made no comments about playing old games. Where is that coming from? I CLEARLY said I know people who spend hours playing moron games staring blankly at the screen. How you managed to twist that into saying your an idiot for playing old games I don't know.

We don't live in third world countries so the comparison is nonsensical. In developed countries being able to use a computer is becoming as important as reading and writing. You are definitely at a disadvantage if you cant' use a computer. It's a basic skill like reading, writing, and math. This is not debatable it's a fact. If you want to use third world countries as a benchmark for your knowledge level than knock your self out. You obviously have a bright future ahead of you with those kind of standards :blink:

It's becoming very clear this forum is filled with people that are stuck in XP land and are resistant to change and have a lot of excuses to justify it. This forum has some knowledgeable people and a good atmosphere in general but I couldn't recommend it as a place for people to come and learn the latest things. There are Windows 7 and even some Vista users here but there are far too may XP only users and they can't offer you any help on the latest. MS is going to be drastically reducing the time between releases for their OS's and you will be absolutely irrelevant if things here stay this way and it sounds like it will. I won't be making any more comments in any other threads about people who refuse to upgrade to XP (I might in this thread if I feel something is posted that needs to be responded to but it will end there for me since I have better things to do like keeping up to date). It's your problem not mine and it's like talking to a wall. MS will also eventually decide it's your problem to and kill XP not matter how many cry about it. Than you can play catch up and wonder how you fell so far behind he curve.

• Moderators

Anomaly this has gone far enough.

You cannot seem to accept the fact that people are free to chose whatever operating system they want to use. People will move to different operating systems as and when they see fit not because you tell them that they have to.

Some of your comments have been insulting to fellow members.

You are banned from posting for 3 days, please take that time to adjust your attitude to other members, or at least keep it to yourself and not post it on forum.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

The derogatory remarks made against us XP users just needs to stop, it's our choice to use it, and if you don't like that's your own problem better kept to yourself and I highly doubt it's "hurting" people using newer OSes.

Lets not forget that not everyone has hardware that's fully capable of properly supporting Win7 efficiently so it isn't just the price of the OS but also the buying of either new hardware or a new PC, and with people still losing jobs here in the U.S. it isn't completely practical to expect everyone to go buy the newest PC and newest OS when their old one still works fine.

Anyway, in four years no program will be supporting XP.

I wouldn't be sure about that, there's still some developers that support back to Win98 in their software and that OS is beyond ancient.

And who says Seven is better than anything else. I don't buy it. I have tested Seven on my AMD Phemom and although it isn't bad, it has a few things I dislike, specially not being able to turn off write combining (I am an avid gamer). On the other hand, Seven doesn't do anything fancy that XP can't (at least for me), so I do not understand the urge to change to an infant Operating System with all its possible bugs.