Piriform Community Forums
currajong

DEFRAGGLER DOES NOT TOTALLY DEFRAG A DRIVE

I run the current version of Piriform Defraggler on a Win XP PC. I note that defraggling a drive often does leave quite a significant number of files/significant amounts of data fragmented.

If I then run MSoft Disk Defragmenter, the drive is then significantly further defragmented. WHY IS THIS?

Any help/advices appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.

currajong

Which method of defragging are you using?

I use whole drive defrag with the option - move large files to end of drive during whole drive defrag.

Is this what you mean?

regards,

currajong

Yes, that's what I meant. I do not use "move large files to the end of disk" option, but using Defrag Drive defragment 100% all my drives. Do you have a lot of programs running in the background? Any programs that may be accessing the disk?

Yes, that's what I meant. I do not use "move large files to the end of disk" option, but using Defrag Drive defragment 100% all my drives. Do you have a lot of programs running in the background? Any programs that may be accessing the disk?

Thanks for help. I had problem with that.

buy Klonopin

alcohol and klonopin

eL_PuSHeR,

Thank you for your input. I have switched off the Defraggler option regarding the relocation of large files.

I do have a number of programs running in the background, e.g., Personal Firewall, Anti Virus and Windows Security Essentials - these are first to come come to mind.

But I still wonder why Windows Defragmenter seems to be more thorough - or is it just my imagination?

Regards,

currajong