Skins

Groonx

There was a short-lived request by someone else for skins last year. I wonder if anyone else is interested?I know I am.

The GUI features a lot of gray. Gray is a good colour for lots of folks, but I love my extremely rare-for-a-mammal colour vision, and I prefer colours. Blues, pinks, you name it. Doesn't have to be elaborate; just an optional preference. Lighten up my oh-so-serious CCleaner.

I'd be happy just to replace the gray with another solid colour. Probably Resource Hacker would do that, but I don't have the savvy, and that might be usage violation. But is anybody on the Piriform team interested?

Put it this way: CCleaner has become too good an app to keep it in the dark. It does a lot of good things for a lot of very different people, with different ways of looking at things. Optional skins aren't for everyone, but they'd be very nice for quite a few people, even so.

Thank you.

Resource editor works with CCleaner, but not overly well. I tried to replace the header with a gradient black. The black showed up quite well, but the gradient didn't :(

01_00_52_header.jpg

I'm Shane.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that person was me. As someone replied to my request, We use CCleaner for barely a minute few times a day and hence, making skins would be rather useless.

Simplicity is hard.