Foxit Reader 4

hazelnut

Yet again people are not reading things when installing.

There is a decline button.

Sorry Hazelnut, I have to ask "what are you referring to?" (not that I use this software nor have I ever seen it installed)

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

• Moderators

If you look at the link Pwillener gave, in that there is a screenshot of the install screen. There is a decline button. People get used to just doing 'I accept' 'I accept' as part of an install process. Read what it says just above the decline button.

Also read the users comments at the bottom of that page.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

If you look at the link Pwillener gave, in that there is a screenshot of the install screen. There is a decline button. People get used to just doing 'I accept' 'I accept' as part of an install process. Read what it says just above the decline button.

Also read the users comments at the bottom of that page.

Thanks for that Hazelnut, and I agree, most people these days not only do not read installation notes but never even glance at an instruction manual before "plunging it in & turning on the power".......9 times out of 10 it'll work, then........bingo, it DON'T.

A quick phone call to the store that sold it and "what you mean, I did not know that!" "where was that written, where does it say that" etc. :o

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

There are tick boxes for "Make Ask my browser default..." and "Set Ask.com as my homepage" but not the tool bar??

It seems to me the design was somewhat deliberately misleading because most who read "Decline" would associate it with cancelling the installation.

Richard S.

You people defending Foxit for their BS install procedure should give your heads a shake. Of course your right that most people don't pay attention but that doesn't make it right for douche bags like Foxit to take advantage and try to sneak absolute junk onto your machines. Blaming the lazy people just encourages scum like Foxit to keep pulling this crap.

All the addon options should ALWAYS be opt in not opt out. They should not be checked by default they should be un checked by default. This latest attempt by Foxit has turned me off and I will most likely stop using it now. I don't see the point in using software from companies that act like malware. Yes trying to sneak garbage on my machine is acting like malware and should be treated like it. If more people spoke out against this type of thing these companies would see that it's not in their best interest to continue doing this underhanded crap.

The "Decline" button looks a bit too much like a "Stop install" one IMHO.

Piriform French translator

I don't know if that 'Decline' button works now... :P

I tried Foxit Reader many years ago (probably v1.x), and I remember clearly as it was today that I unchecked the Ask toolbar and went ahead with the install.

To my surprise and dismay, the dreaded toolbar was installed anyway! And when I went to uninstall Foxit Reader, the dreaded toolbar did not get uninstalled! And when I tried to find an uninstaller for the dreaded toolbar, there was none!

I know that there are now Foxit installers without the dreaded toolbar, but for me, I never trust that company again! :angry:

• Moderators

reader is free now,also heard the "msi" installer is clean from dirty toolbars.

When I used to update before stopping I always grabbed the ZIP archive compile, and have my own customized 100% always clean installer.

Doesn't matter what you download nowadays, always suspect some piggyback unwanted software with it.

An MSI installer is a good thing - the installation is managed by Windows itself ( = Windows knows where the program's files and reg keys are stored, and will be able to delete them all if you uninstall ). ;)

Piriform French translator