Windows 8 info

hazelnut

There are many reasons MS has the larger market share but one of them is not having a better OS. Mac OS 10 is far better than Windows. Even Windows 7 which I like much better than XP is not nearly as good as Mac. In case you haven't noticed Apple is eating Microsoft's lunch lately and it will only get worse for MS. Maybe MS has pulled their head out of their ass and is seeing the light.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Anyway, most people upgrade Windows when they buy a new computer. ;)

Piriform French translator

Obvious troll is obvious.

This is not the first stupid comment you have made to me but it is the most stupid one you have made. How can you call me a troll? I have several hundred posts in a variety of discussions. I back up what I say I don't just make comments that are irrelevant to a discussion and intended to bait people. That's what trolls do.

Mods this clown is out of line. I have been warned and had PM's sent to me when I was out of line I expect the mods to do the same for Aethec.

Windows usage does not require any learning; it doesn't matter if you use Windows 3.1, 9x, XP, or 7 - the functionality is basically the same.

Many XP users (including myself) refuse to leave it because it does everything they need. When this computer breaks I will get a new one with Windows 7 or 8, but currently I have absolutely no need for it. And most available software out there still works on XP-SP3.

OK, no offense intended but you just showed me how much you do not know. If you think Windows usage does not require a learning curve I don't know what to tell you. Every OS requires a learning curve. If they didn't there wouldn't be hundreds of thousands of sites like this one and manuals and classes and everything else. People don't just sit in front of a computer and know what to do. Your comment is one that I think no one with any computer knowledge will agree with.

As for why you still use XP, you have your reasons but there is no way that a person that uses one OS, and an obsolete one at that, is qualified to discuss what is the better OS. You do not use the others so how can you comment on them. You are using one OS so that is what you will be biased to. You do see that don't you?

Couldn't have put it better myself

You couldn't? So you think you can take a person who has never used a computer and sit him in front of one and the person will know what to do? That's a joke. I know people who have been using computers for years and still don't know what they are doing. I don't know if you use Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux. or are like pwillener and just use XP. I use them all and they are all different and all require learning them. You never stop learning them no matter how much you know.

One of the major reasons people stick with XP is because they already know it and learning a new system takes time and effort. Many businesses still use XP because of the time and money it will take to upgrade and retrain their people on Windows 7. That wouldn't be an issue if their was no learning curve.

I can't believe some of the non sense I'm reading in this thread. Getting called a troll (from an XP user with no experience on other OS's) for thinking Mac OS X is the best OS . Getting told that Windows has no learning curve. Unbelievable.

From my understanding Anomaly, we are here to discuss about Windows 8 not a debate about which OS is the best.

Every OS has its pros and cons and its up to you which would weigh better for you and which one is best for you. If you like Macs better, that is your choice. But people would still prefer what they have accustomed themselves with because they can do what they need to do with those and if they have accustomed themselves with Windows OSs, you cannot force them to believe that Macs are so much ahead and better in this kind of discussion. If you think learning Macs is so easy, maybe that is for you but not necessarily the same for the rest of us. It still depends on personal taste and ability.

But lets not get too far with this discussion and putting blame and offensive rants with each other ( I am talking to the others as well). Do not think that just because people stick with Windows means they are inexperienced and cannot judge other OS, because they themselves MIGHT have used them and might have decades of knowledge ahead than you and me.

If you are to make a discussion like this on the Windows 7 Forums, they will hate you for life and many more will call you a troll.

No offense here, mate, but it seems that most of us here are against you. Peace to you lol, no hard feelings.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.

From my understanding Anomaly, we are here to discuss about Windows 8 not a debate about which OS is the best.

Every OS has its pros and cons and its up to you which would weigh better for you and which one is best for you. If you like Macs better, that is your choice. But people would still prefer what they have accustomed themselves with because they can do what they need to do with those and if they have accustomed themselves with Windows OSs, you cannot force them to believe that Macs are so much ahead and better in this kind of discussion. If you think learning Macs is so easy, maybe that is for you but not necessarily the same for the rest of us. It still depends on personal taste and ability.

But lets not get too far with this discussion and putting blame and offensive rants with each other ( I am talking to the others as well). Do not think that just because people stick with Windows means they are inexperienced and cannot judge other OS, because they themselves MIGHT have used them and might have decades of knowledge ahead than you and me.

If you are to make a discussion like this on the Windows 7 Forums, they will hate you for life and many more will call you a troll.

No offense here, mate, but it seems that most of us here are against you. Peace to you lol, no hard feelings.

The reason Mac was brought into this thread was because someone posted a comment about MS complementing Mac in the article that was linked. Someone found that hard to believe. I don't. I don't find it hard to believe that MS sees the light and realizes their OS needs to change to and sees the advantages of Macs.

Your comment in your second paragraph confirms what I have been saying. They are favoring what they use. That is hardly an unbiased opinion. I have no bias towards an OS so I can objectively comment. Thanks for proving my point for me although I know that was not your intention you did any ways.

As for the rest it's not surprising that like minded people will side with each other. Don't take comfort in that. It means nothing. Everybody else is doing it has never been and never will be a good reason to do anything.

Calling some one a troll is a way for some to discredit another person when they can't do it on intellect. They are in a battle of wits and unarmed so they resort to calling you a troll which means they disagree with you and can't justify why.

You couldn't? So you think you can take a person who has never used a computer and sit him in front of one and the person will know what to do? That's a joke. I know people who have been using computers for years and still don't know what they are doing. I don't know if you use Windows 7, Mac OS X, Linux. or are like pwillener and just use XP. I use them all and they are all different and all require learning them. You never stop learning them no matter how much you know.

One of the major reasons people stick with XP is because they already know it and learning a new system takes time and effort. Many businesses still use XP because of the time and money it will take to upgrade and retrain their people on Windows 7. That wouldn't be an issue if their was no learning curve.

I can't believe some of the non sense I'm reading in this thread. Getting called a troll (from an XP user with no experience on other OS's) for thinking Mac OS X is the best OS . Getting told that Windows has no learning curve. Unbelievable.

We may not share your opinions, But we most certainly are entitled to ours. Lets leave it at that

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Mac is not the most widely used operating system because you can only buy from Apple, and Apple is to expensive.

Agreed. I never said Mac was a good value because it's not. The stuff is over priced, Apple has the whole thing tied up and Mac fan boys are idiots. That doesn't change the fact OS X is a great OS.

We may not share your opinions, But we most certainly are entitled to ours. Lets leave it at that

so it's your opinion that Windows doesn't require any learning? You said you agreed with pwillener when he said that. Do want to explain that further or do now realize how wrong that comment was?