Monitor not powering up

Fluffy

• Moderators

Well as long as you are aware of the fact that it is not recommended to run more than one av at once (which I am sure you know :) )

This is more an information post for users who may not be as well informed computer wise as you are.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Hey Thanks you lot for the replies, :)

Tas this is what my system is now (thanks to my mate Speccy !!)

Operating System

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

CPU

AMD Athlon II X2 245 21 ?C

Regor 45nm Technology

RAM

2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

BIOSTAR Group MCP6P3 (CPU 1)

As you may know I have not much idea if this is a good set up or not !

A nephew of mine has recently moved quite close to me and he is a bit of a wizz on computers(as it seems all the youth of today !!) so he`s going to give a bit of help with partions etc and make sure I do`nt "Fluff" it up ! :lol:

Hey Thanks you lot for the replies, :)

Tas this is what my system is now (thanks to my mate Speccy !!)

Operating System

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3

CPU

AMD Athlon II X2 245 21 ?C

Regor 45nm Technology

RAM

2.0GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 535MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

BIOSTAR Group MCP6P3 (CPU 1)

As you may know I have not much idea if this is a good set up or not !

A nephew of mine has recently moved quite close to me and he is a bit of a wizz on computers(as it seems all the youth of today !!) so he`s going to give a bit of help with partions etc and make sure I do`nt "Fluff" it up ! :lol:

Hi there Fluffy from your Speccy's description your new & improved computer I am sure will give you many happy moons of computing, sounds and looks great. It is a good idea to get some assistance with drive partitioning if you are not sure what to do, great idea to have the System OS & apps on 1 partition and Data / back-up on another (2 partitions as a minimum, 3 if you can so you can put games on the 3rd partition) but I am sure your Wizz Nephew will steer you in the right direction.

Re installing 2 events of anti-virus software on your PC, Hazelnut is correct, it is NOT recommended practice to do so on a home PC, generally this approach is only performed on e-mail servers and the like to take into consideration the different SW update times and schedules and for the paranoid IT nut like me that thinks he knows what he is doing. :)

So happy computing and I take it your Monitor is now performing OK?

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"

Hello Guys

Just thought I would update this thread,if you remember I was having probelms with the monitor/keyboard powering up..well after a while even using the reset button was becoming a hit and miss affair to start the computer.Well one day it would just not work.So it went to the computer shop for a look !.The motherboard had finally gone,so the computer has been repaired ! new motherboard,and a few other bits ! the good news is as well I`ve gone form a measly 40gb to 500gb hardrive,

I have most of my system back as it was,on another note the guys in the shop suggested and put on Microsoft Security Essentials (I used to have Avast free)and I`m giving that a try,

but boy did I miss not having a computer !!! how long could you guys go without one !!

Fluffy :)

Well it often feels good if your system is new.

I have a 2 and a half year old system, 1 GB RAM, 75 GB HD with 3 OSs installed.

Mine is aging but still kicking.

I love computer maintenance tasks.

Some of my favorite programs:

Wordpad -basic word processing

Notepad - temporary clipboard and basic scripting module

Windows Media Player 12- video, music and online radio player

Windows Media Center - live TV, local FM radio

CCleaner- handy computer maintenance tool

If something fails to work after using the registry cleaner, use SYSTEM RESTORE.