Need urgent Help!

guy20uk

Please if anyone has any information!...

Basically, I can delete my temporary internet files and clear my history folder to get rid of the internet sites ive visited.

However, when i type into the address bar, for example www.g

a list of a few old websites beginning with 'g' that ive visited appear, as a drop list under the address bar. And same goes for different letters, when i start to type in an address, a list will appear of recognised sites, from ages ago! Why does the computer remember these sites and not others? I havnt saved them in any way? My favourites do not even come up??

How do I delete these internet shortcuts?? Ive tried everything but they will not go anywhere! Please anyone with any information please help!!

Hi thanks guys

i really sorry, i didnt know. a bit new to all this. just thought id get more of a chance of reply if i posted in different forums.

The Cc didnt do it, but i took the advice of the other guy, the autocomplete in the internet options solved the main problem - the addresses do not appear underneath the address bar. However when i click on history; then go to search and type in letters or sites; the same list comes up. Is it possible to get rid of these sites permanently?

Thanks for all your help guys.

:)